PDA

View Full Version : Surprise BFP during ER visit

TT_3814
August 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM
We lost our donor conceived baby boy back in April. After consultations, research and soul-searching, DH and I decided to save up to get a transabdominal cerclage placed before we TTC again. All going well, until AF went MIA despite a lot of cramping... Didn't think much of it, I figured she'd show eventually but then I started getting very sharp pains on my left side. When pain medication didn't relieve it and got worse I called the advice nurse, who sent a message to my OB. He wasn't in that day so my Nurse Practioner called me backed. She was concerned and wanted me to get checked out. It was Friday after 5pm so that meant a trip to the ER.

I get to the ER, they took a urine sample to test for pregnancy, negative. Next step was an ultrasound and some blood work. As I waited in my room, the ER doctor came back and profusely apologized, he hadn't waited long enough and since I'm probably still early... the test was positive, I'm 4.4 weeks now. The pain turned out to be a larger than usual corpus lutem cyst on my ovary that should resolve itself but ER doc made a note for my OB to keep an eye on it. DH and I are shocked, but DH is totally over the moon now. I'm a huge mix of emotions, mostly worried since I was so sure the TAC was our best bet. Praying for a positive outcome and a healthy rainbow.

BeadinMom
August 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best!! :)

NCBeachyGrl
August 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Congratulations!!! Wishing you a healthy 9 months!!

dloui128
August 14th, 2012, 02:42 PM
congratulations :)

The Anchor
August 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM
What an awesome story! CONGRATS!

Tiffani3
August 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Congratulations to you xxx

Shellbelle
August 14th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Congrats!

Hobbermittens
August 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM
WOW! What an exciting thing to have happen! Can they put in the stitch once you are already pregnant? Are you still planning on that?

I really hope that everything goes well for you this time. You deserve an easy, healthy pregnancy and the perfect rainbow baby. :)

skrimpy
August 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Congratulations!! Praying for you to have a H&H 9 months. I had a similar experience with my first baby - lots of pain, getting told at the ER that I was pregnant and them finding the cyst. That's the only issue I had with that pregnancy and had a lovely baby girl at 41 weeks :D My thoughts are with you!!

Winngrin
August 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Congratulations!!! That's beautiful and I hope it is fate that you get your healthy baby, what a wonderful story you would be able to tell. I will keep you in my thoughts!

Your ticker made me tear up. What a sweet rememberance of your little boy.

nuthinbutpink
August 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Wow! Congrats!

mydream
August 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Congratulations ! H&H 9 months!

RedCanoe
August 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
What happy news!! Congrats!!

TT_3814
August 15th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Thank you very much, everyone! :)

Hobber- They can put a stitch in, not the one I was preparing to pay for but I won't bore you with that long story. Without a cerclage, my cervix won't stay closed so I have to find a skilled care provider. Thank you! *hugs*

Journey2dFuture
August 15th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Oh my goodness - Huge congratulations to you and your family. What a wonderful surprise. *Keeping you in my thoughts*

TT_3814
August 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks, J!!!! Wow, speaking of updates.. Yay, your little boy is almost here!!! Thinking of you too and sending speedy labor vibes your way when he's ready to meet you! :D

twinkle
August 16th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Congrats on your BFP!!

TTC5
August 16th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Congrats!!