PDA

View Full Version : Spotting and freaking out!

NCBeachyGrl
August 14th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I just want to cry! I went to the bathroom about 10 min ago and had some spotting. It wasn't old blood, but wasn't new blood...somewhere in between. Last time I got preg. in July (4 years ago), I started spotting at 5 weeks and had a m/c at 6 weeks. PLEASE tell me this isn't happening again! I am so sad right now!!

RedCanoe
August 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I spotted and even had bright gushing red blood through every one of my pregnancies and all were fine. There are tons of reasons to spot besides miscarriage. You could have a sensitive cervix or a SCH... Hang in there, it's likely nothing too serious. I know how scary it is though. :( *hugs*

NCBeachyGrl
August 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Thank you RedCanoe :HH: I hope everything is OK and it stops. I just hate this! And now I am going to be going to the bathroom every 5 seconds to see. I guess I should call the dr tomorrow?

RedCanoe
August 14th, 2012, 08:19 PM
They can probably book you in for an u/s to check viability in about a week or so, but in my experience they don't do much with spotting in the first trimester. Just make sure to get a Rhogam shot if you've got a negative blood type and try to take it easy (no heavy lifting, etc) that's about it...

FX it goes away quickly for you.

CherryBlossom
August 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Oh sweetheart I am so so sorry to hear this is happening.
I know how it feels for sure!!! Fortunately it never ended in a MC. So please hold on to the hope please!!!
My first son, I was around 5 weeks 2 days, I started bleeding. They think it was just old blood and old blood CAN be red, esp for first pregnancies.
My second son, I bled at 5 weeks again, then at 9 weeks. I went straight to the emergency department. I had a GYNO come in and check everything out and she said it was too early to tell but it looked as if I had a very sensitive cervix which can happen among a good amount of girls in early pregnancy. Babies heart rate was FINE =)
However I bled again a couple of times before twenty weeks when they discovered I had placenta previa. They said I would have had a sensitive cervix to begin with and then the PP.

Are you able to go to the ED?
I wish you all the very best sweetheart xoxox

mydream
August 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Try not to worry. I spotted with ds2 very early on and all was fine. I would call the dr. in the am anyway.

BeadinMom
August 14th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I bled with each of my boys...
it ended up being because of low progesterone. My new doctor is aware of the fact that I've dealt with it before, so he told me that the second I get pregnant he'll send me for blood tests to see where I'm at.
It really was a super simple solution...it's probably something like that.
I know it's easier said than done, but please try not to worry. ♥

Shellbelle
August 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM
They will probably tell you to rest and drink lots of water. Hugs and prayers for you, from another low prog gal who bled through two otherwise healthy pregnancies.

NCBeachyGrl
August 14th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks ladies! It seemed to get worse there for a second with some bright red blood and then it faded back to light pink and then when I just went, there was nothing. I REALLY hope it is nothing and never comes back. I am going to call the doctor in the AM and see if they can do some betas and labs or something.

I'm trying to stay positive and you ladies have made me feel better!

Winngrin
August 15th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Oh Beachy, I'm so sorry. I am terrified of the same thing every time I go to the restroom. I would defintitely call the dr in the AM, they will probably not do a whole lot but may be able to reassure you or tell you some other things to watch out for. I do know that spotting is most definitely not always a sign of miscarriage. Many women have some spotting and it never returns. Other women have it off and on and all is still fine. Please, please think positively!

I will be thinking of you tonight and hope that you do not see any more tonight. Virtual hugs to you! :hug2:

*ruby*
August 15th, 2012, 03:04 AM
So sorry to hear beachy, hope it's all settled now and nothing serious to worry about. Try to take it easy if you can xx

homebirthing princess
August 15th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Aww beachy I know its scary but I'm sure its nothing to worry about, I bled with ds2 around 6wks and had an emergency scan but all was fine apparently just one of those things! Hope everything has settled now definitely call your Dr and see what they say xxx hugs x

indigoviolet
August 15th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Beachy- am with the others, try to relax and not worry too much. I know that feeling too, just awful, hope you can get some reassurance and praying everything will be OK for your LO (((hugs)))

Wanting a daughter
August 15th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Had spotting and even some bright red gushing with a huge clot on my first (now 4 yrs old) and similar but not quite as much with my second (now 2 1/2 yrs old). It really is SUPER common. Hope it's nothing and stops soon.
GL.

dloui128
August 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I had some bleeding this pregnancy in the first trimester, I wouldn't say it was a ton of blood but it was always in between bright red and pink, when I went to the dr they said I had a vascular cervix and they didn't say much else, it eventually stopped but I think I spotted on and off for a month or two.

NewYorkmom
August 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I also had spotting with my third pregnancy. All of my first and second trimester. I had implantation bleeding with this pregnancy after I got a positive pregnancy test. It was like you described, not new but not old blood.

auroara78
August 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Beachy, how is it this morning? FX it totally stopped!

NCBeachyGrl
August 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
as nothing. It makes me feel a little better. It stopped all the way last night and nothing at all this morning! Then I started getting the brown only after when I wipe. Going to get labs done this afternoon.

Rosie85
August 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hoping for the best for you Beachy! Hoping the labs will ease your mind and that the bleeding is over.

NCBeachyGrl
August 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Sorry for the bad post below! I was at the pool for DS1's swim lessons. It seems to have gotten better and I have only had some dark brown when I wipe this AM. No more pink or bright blood so hoping this is a good sign! I hope, hope, hope it was an isolated incident!

Thank you ladies for all the support! I don't know what I would do without this site!!

NCBeachyGrl
August 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Beachy- am with the others, try to relax and not worry too much. I know that feeling too, just awful, hope you can get some reassurance and praying everything will be OK for your LO (((hugs)))

Indigo - are you still around? Where is that baby?!?!?!?!

indigoviolet
August 16th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Yes still here! Baby on it's way though, am getting a few mild contractions (hind-waters broke last night) so things happening.

really hoping and praying all well with you and your LO. Did you get the results from the lab? :pray: :HH:

NCBeachyGrl
August 16th, 2012, 07:59 AM
I had some more dark brown spotting yesterday, but it wasn't a lot at all and was just here or there. It stopped 100% again last night and so far nothing this morning. I hope it stays away ALL day today!

I am going to call about my labs in a few hours and see what my beta and progesterone were from yesterday. My temp is still above coverline too so hopefully all good signs.

NCBeachyGrl
August 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Got my results back - Beta is 4,794 (she said indicates late 5 weeks which is good since I am early 5 weeks) and progesterone was 11.5 which she said is normal.

I had one incident of spotting today (TMI....after going #2). It was dark brown and that has been the only time.

Would you be happy with everything so far?

Rosie85
August 16th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I think those numbers sound great!

The spotting after a bowel movement really sounds like either a sensitive cervix or even a fibroid...not a miscarriage! :-)

auroara78
August 17th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I think the numbers are great and I agree, I think you may just have a sensitive cervix.

NCBeachyGrl
August 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks ladies! I haven't had any more spotting so I think it is gone. I stopped wearing panty liners (even though I didn't need it in the first place) and started to relax a little. I went back to the lab this AM and will get my second set of numbers back on Monday.

Keep your fingers crossed that everything is OK!

Rosie85
August 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I am curious why it takes so long to get your numbers back from lab? Mine will have mine back in an hour. So glad to hear the spotting stopped! I really do think it was just a sensitive cervix!

NCBeachyGrl
August 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I live in a smaller town...we don't have many OB options and they have to send off all blood to a lab (LabCorp). I think LabCorp comes around at 5 PM each day and picks up the blood, does testing, and then faxes over the results. The office won't open back up until Monday so I have to wait until then. It sucks!!!!!!!

Rosie85
August 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Yikes! That would suck. I have zero patience :-) Well hopefully the numbers are what you want to hear, I am sure they will be!

Winngrin
August 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Beachy, were you checking your cervix or was some spotting coming out? I have been checking my cervix (I really need to STOP!) and today I have had a teeny bit of barely pink, but only if I check my cervix and then wipe my finger on toilet paper (sorry, TMI!). It hasnt been enough to notice just by wiping. I was just wondering if maybe you had been doing that also, or thought that checking the cervix could cause a little pink tinge?

Rosie85
August 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
What is the purpose of checking your cervix??

Winngrin
August 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I was checking before conception to take note of my fertility signs, and after I think I ovulated I was checking to see if my cervix changed from soft to firm to confirm ovulation. I guess I got in the habit and now i find myself doing it to check for any sign of bleeding.

Rosie85
August 17th, 2012, 06:08 PM
ahh I see. I have never checked mine before :-)

Winngrin
August 17th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Ugh, dont start if you are even the teensiest bit OCD like me!

Rosie85
August 18th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I am OCD so I will never ever start! haha

NCBeachyGrl
August 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM
So this is interesting...I am looking through my medical records (requested a copy for my new OB) and I was looking at my numbers from my 6 week miscarriage.

I went in for a beta at 5 weeks 5 days (26 DPO) and beta was 9149 and progesterone was 14.1 then I went back at 6 weeks 1 day (29 DPO) and beta was 17,128 and progesterone was 7.2.

So my beta didn't double and progesterone shot way down. I feel like my beta this time is way stronger at almost 5,000 at exactly 5 weeks, but my progesterone seems low. What do you guys think? Does it seem low? I haven't had any more spotting or bleeding so I feel like everything should be OK. It is killing me having to wait until Monday for my lab results!

BeadinMom
August 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Aww Beachy, don't worry!!! If you're not bleeding, I think that's a really good sign. Xx

NCBeachyGrl
August 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks Beadin! I just hate worrying about it. I just have this horrible feeling something will happen and I can't shake it. I did fine the last couple of days so I don't know why I am starting to worry now. I am just waiting to go to the bathroom and have a full out bleed or something. UGHHHHHHHHH!!

BeadinMom
August 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Aww....I know what you mean. You've wanted this for a while and you finally get it and you just feel like something has to go wrong, but that's not the case. You're going to be fine. :) Hormones will do it to you, too. The hormones always make me so upset. Ignore those damn hormones!! ;)
I know it's easier said than done, but I hope you can relax. I'm saying enough prayers for both of us...♥

indigoviolet
August 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I think those numbers sound good, I'd be happy with them. Still praying all works out well for you hon.

HopeandDreamG
August 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
beachy~ Im confused, Do you know what your progesterone is now? or thats what your waiting for?

I know exactly how you feel. I went throught this in March and everytime I went to the bathroom I was just anticipated blood being there. Its awful feeling like you just don't know whats gonna happen.
The good news is TONS of women spot (even have full AF) and everything ends up totally fine

NCBeachyGrl
August 18th, 2012, 03:47 PM
My progesterone at exactly 5 weeks is 11.5. I had beta and progesterone done on Wednesday and had to go back for a repeat on Friday, but I don't get those results until Monday!

NCBeachyGrl
August 18th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I think those numbers sound good, I'd be happy with them. Still praying all works out well for you hon.

Congrats on your baby Indigo!!! I bet he is just precious!!!

Mrs_P
August 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Oh no beachy i only went away for a few days, hope your ok hunny. I know its hard not to panic but i had bleeding with ds1 and ds2. Ds1 it was about 14 weeks i remember being really sad as we'd just got through the 12 week deadline thing. With ds2 i got a positive test and then bleeding so went to docs as i presumed i was miscarrying but both boys were fine. Docs told me its only if its heavy and really red blood particuarly with pain that you really need to worry.

Fingers crossed for you, hopefully its just one of the many dramas your little girl will through your way xxxxxxx

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2012, 12:18 PM
What is the purpose of checking your cervix??

THERE IS NONE AND PLEASE DO NOT CHECK YOUR CERVIX WHILE PREGNANT.

Sorry for all caps but this is very very very important. You can cause an infection that can cause a miscarriage, and if you have a placenta previa baby it's very dangerous.

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Beachy, were you checking your cervix or was some spotting coming out? I have been checking my cervix (I really need to STOP!) and today I have had a teeny bit of barely pink, but only if I check my cervix and then wipe my finger on toilet paper (sorry, TMI!). It hasnt been enough to notice just by wiping. I was just wondering if maybe you had been doing that also, or thought that checking the cervix could cause a little pink tinge?

Please stop, please please please please pretty please with sugar on top???

You're bleeding because your cervix is very soft and sensitive and it causes bleeding to mess with it. Plus you risk introducing microorganisms into your uterus and hurting a placenta previa pregnancy that otherwise would be fine.

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM
So this is interesting...I am looking through my medical records (requested a copy for my new OB) and I was looking at my numbers from my 6 week miscarriage.

I went in for a beta at 5 weeks 5 days (26 DPO) and beta was 9149 and progesterone was 14.1 then I went back at 6 weeks 1 day (29 DPO) and beta was 17,128 and progesterone was 7.2.

So my beta didn't double and progesterone shot way down. I feel like my beta this time is way stronger at almost 5,000 at exactly 5 weeks, but my progesterone seems low. What do you guys think? Does it seem low? I haven't had any more spotting or bleeding so I feel like everything should be OK. It is killing me having to wait until Monday for my lab results!

Exactly. :agree: You can see that it's not one number in isolation that matters, it's the set of numbers and how they change over time.

I have had that dire feeling with both my last pg. With DS 4 I just KNEW I wasn't going to come away with a baby but I did, and with Suzy I expected bleeding every day for like 5 months before I finally relaxed about it!!

NCBeachyGrl
August 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM
You ladies really are so reassuring! I really, really appreciate it! It means so much! :awe:

I have come to realize that whatever will be, will be and looking at numbers or worrying won't do anything but cause me stress. I only have one more day until I get my results. I haven't had any spotting at all so I do feel good about that!

HopeandDreamG
August 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Checking in this am! Let us know your results when u get them. I'm sure your #s will bs right where they need to be!

NCBeachyGrl
August 20th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I called the dr and am waiting for them to call me back! HURRY UP!

Winngrin
August 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hoping you get good numbers Beachy!!! I'm sure you will!

Winngrin
August 20th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Atomic, I've come to my senses!! I told myself that I was being obsessive, and that it was a good way to drive myself crazy. I havent dont it again, and no pink....duh, go fiure.

auroara78
August 20th, 2012, 10:38 AM
can't wait to hear updated betas Beachy! I'm sure everything is OK tho!

Rosie85
August 20th, 2012, 10:40 AM
waiting and waiting :-) Hope the numbers are good beachy!

myGirl
August 20th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Stalking for your update.... Praying you get good news!

mummypink
August 20th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Hope you've had good news NC x

Lilpumpkin06
August 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Praying for you Beachy!:bighug:

NCBeachyGrl
August 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM
So I just got my beta back and it went from 4,794 to 8,324 so they said that was good. BUT, they said the lab made an error and didn't check my progesterone. So, I have to go back today for another lab for progesterone to make sure it is going up! UGHHH!!!!!

At least my beta doubled! Would you all breath a sigh of relief or hold out for the progesterone results before feeling better?

Rosie85
August 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM
yay for the good beta results! I think that is a good enough sign in my opinion, but I also honestly don't know much about the numbers and their meanings either.

Lilpumpkin06
August 20th, 2012, 01:52 PM
So I just got my beta back and it went from 4,794 to 8,324 so they said that was good. BUT, they said the lab made an error and didn't check my progesterone. So, I have to go back today for another lab for progesterone to make sure it is going up! UGHHH!!!!!

At least my beta doubled! Would you all breath a sigh of relief or hold out for the progesterone results before feeling better?

Yay! That is a good sign!!!

Winngrin
August 20th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I think thats a good sign. Although tbh, I am very OCD and I would need to get the progesterone back, like NOW!! This is why I have chosen not to make my dr appt until a little later. I know I would obsess and it would do me more harm than good. I am sure everything is fine Beachy, remember....I already told your Beachy Bean that they better behave!!!

mummypink
August 20th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Sounds really good hun, especially as you're feeling sick etc too.

So good they do these tests for you, when I had spotting at 8 weeks pregnant with ds1 my GP said 'well, there isn't anything I can do you're probably having a miscarriage just go home and put your feet up'. He refused to arrange a scan even. My dh called my midwife and she talked to me on the phone and said that it was probably nothing and explained how common spotting can be around that time, but she could tell I was a nervous wreck and arranged a scan for me to put my mind at rest. Thankfully all was well, so horrible waiting to find out though so I totally sympathise with you. xx

NCBeachyGrl
August 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
According to this website: Beta values main chart (http://betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single) the average for 23 DPO is 2,463 and mine is over 8,000 so I guess that should make me feel better too!

girlmom
August 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM
i bled bright red for 3 months. i figured i had a miscariage and never went in to the doctor to get checked. when i did finally go in there was a perfect little baby measuring 12 weeks waving at me. he's 2 months old now and still naughty!

HopeandDreamG
August 23rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
NC- how are you? Im sure baby is ok with those great beta numbers!

NCBeachyGrl
August 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm doing good!!!! Thanks for asking! I did have a tiny bit of spotting on Monday after DH and I DTD so nothing to worry about it..it was just a tiny spot and did not come back. My final #s ended up:

21 DPO - Beta:4,794; Progesterone: 11.5
23 DPO - Beta: 8,324; Progesterone unknown
26 DPO - Beta: 19,081, Progesterone: 10.1

The doctor said not to worry about progesterone...seems pretty low to me...but said my beta was the biggest indication that everything is going OK.

Rosie85
August 23rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Lookin good beachy!

HopeandDreamG
August 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
That's awesome! Hope you feel relieved.