PDA

View Full Version : Medications that sway girl thread (tylenol and ibuprofen sway girl!)

mkarntz1980
February 6th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Not sure if anyone knows this, but tylenol and ibuprofen sway girl....Im wondering if it would be okay to take one about an hour before BD? Any other medications that do or don't sway girl?

pinksapphire
February 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Baby aspirin sways girl but you can't take that if you are taking Ibuprofen b/c they have similar ingredients including the fact that they both can thin your blood. You already know about psudoephredrine, right?

lindi
February 6th, 2011, 10:39 PM
baby aspirin sways by its acidity right- does tylenol and ibuprofen work the same way or there something else they are doing?

mkarntz1980
February 7th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Im not sure Lindi, I just read that on IG MANY TIMES that ibupfroen and tylenol sway girl. pink sapphire is the pseudorine is that the sudafed that drys cm or is that something else??

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, pseudoephedrine is Sudafed and I prefer people to stay away from that because it has bad side effects and antihistamine works just as well.

Don't take ibuprofin with aspirin, but a Tylenol around sway time won't hurt.

lindi
February 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
why does tylenol sway?

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Most medications sway slightly pink by increasing acidity. I wouldn't count on tylenol making much of a difference, but it probably doesn't hurt if someone wanted to take one. Just be sure that you DON'T take Tylenol with alcohol, because it can damage your liver.

PS - updated info, ibuprofin ALSO dries up cervical mucus in addition to making you more acidic.

Viene
February 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Both of those can also raise estrogen because it slows the liver's clearance rate.

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Thank you V!!

Irishmom
April 9th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Sorry bumping an old thread again. I have been suffering terrible migraines again the past few days and have purposely been avoiding any tablets in case i'm lucky enough to get a BFP. I was afraid some medications would ruin my sway, so i'm glad i came across this thread. :highfive:

myGirl
April 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Sorry bumping an old thread again. I have been suffering terrible migraines again the past few days and have purposely been avoiding any tablets in case i'm lucky enough to get a BFP. I was afraid some medications would ruin my sway, so i'm glad i came across this thread. :highfive:

So sorry about the migraines, Irishmom, I get them too. I should have all girls by now based on the amount of Ibuprofen I take! Actually, my migraines were an infrequent event back when I had my boys. After I turned 35 they became a weekly curse. Now I'm in the 2ww and can't take anything but Tylenol, and of course it is like taking a sugar pill... worthless for me. Have heard migraines can disappear in pregnancy. FX we have no migraines if we get PG!

Kiara
April 10th, 2012, 11:52 PM
I have heard several times from different sources that you should not take ibuprofen at all if you want to become pregnant. It can keep you from getting pregnant because it is anti-inflammatory. At least you should not take it right on ovulation. =/

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks Kiara, I was just going to post that as well! Ibuprofin is not the best option for pre-pregnancy anyway (did not know that the first time this thread came around!) :) Stick with aspirin/Tylenol.

Irishmom
April 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM
No problem thanks for clearing that up atomic.;)

EmmyRoo
April 12th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hi,

Sorry, UK person here, is Tylenol paracetamol?

Also, I take amitriptyline (50mg daily) initially for postnatal depression after DS2 was born but it stopped the awful migraines I was getting 3 times a week (a major reason why I was depressed) so the doc kept me on it. I love it and never want to stop taking it, as far as I'm aware it is what is given to women with ante-natal depression so must be ok to take whilst pregnant. Does anyone know if it sways either way?

E. x

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Tylenol is parecetamol!! :agree:

Antidepressants almost all sway pink, but do double check with your doc about the safety during pg. Some drugs are safely prescribed after the first trimester but are not safe during the first tri - just want you to be safe!!!

sweetpea
April 12th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Wow, I did not know about ibuprofen being something you should avoid while TTC. Atomic, when you say that it's best avoided for "pre-pregnancy," do you mean anytime before you TTC, not just at O? For example, I would always take a good amount of ibuprofen during AF for awful menstrual cramps (this was before acupuncture took away all my menstrual cramps) - do you think taking ibuprofen during AF hinders conception?

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM
It's fine during AF and probably fine as a one-off even closer to O - but some people have to take very large doses for migraine, arthritis, etc. and that is what you must avoid. Like, if you got the flu the day after you Oed and started taking 6 a day for a week, that's not good. Taking one for a headache the day after O, is probably not going to hurt anything (but we believe Tylenol to be safer)

That having been said, with all the stuff coming out about Tylenol lately, even that makes me nervous. I did take it during all my pg because I get migraines so bad but there is some weird data linking allergies and Tylenol use during pg!

auroara78
April 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
AS, do you have this data about tynenol and alleriges? I did take more tynenol when preg with DS2 than DS1 and DS2 has a milk protein allergy.

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
AS, do you have this data about tynenol and alleriges? I did take more tynenol when preg with DS2 than DS1 and DS2 has a milk protein allergy.

Acetaminophen Linked to Allergies? Docs Say Not So Fast - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AllergiesNews/story?id=5836380&page=1)
Acetaminophen in Pregnancy: Link to Baby (http://www.webmd.com/asthma/news/20110330/acetaminophen-in-pregnancy-link-to-babys-asthma) (the asthma attacks were the kind triggered by allergic reactions and NOT viruses, so is allergic in nature.)

bethwade
January 5th, 2014, 07:05 PM
I know this is something I'm going to struggle with... I take rx Diclofenac (75mgx2 daily) for inflammation due to Sjogrens and just read several studies that it is linked to miscarriage when taken in 1st tri and premature delivery when taken in 3rd tri. I've tried to cut back to one a day the past few days and it's noticeable. :-/ I'm also dealing with AF so hopefully after that is over it will be easier.

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Even the absolute worst things to take during pregnancy (retin-A, thalidomide) only cause issues soemthing like a max of 20% of the time. 80% of all babies still normal. Most drugs, even when they are linked to higher risks of this or that are NOWHERE near the risks of those and so while I know it's so hard, you need to be on those medications for your health and well being :heart: