PDA

View Full Version : Progesterone Level Question - Starting to Worry After Surfing the Net

NCBeachyGrl
August 16th, 2012, 06:02 PM
at 5 weeks exactly (21 DPO) (according to FF and OPKs)....my progesterone level was 11.5 when I was tested yesterday. I searched the internet and everyone on message boards was saying this is a low #. Should I be concerned?

MatildaMai
August 16th, 2012, 06:43 PM
What did your Dr say? Have you had any bleeding/issues? Normal is 9-47 so 11 is quite low but you are early in the pregnancy. When doing HT they like it to be between 20-30 around embryo transfer. Its very simple to take additional progesterone support in the form of suppositories etc...

NCBeachyGrl
August 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I did have some spotting on Tuesday that was pink and then turned dark brown. Spotting has stopped today. I did read that after you eat progesterone goes down. I had my test at 3:00 in the afternoon so maybe that was a factor?

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM
It's not ideal of course, but as long as your HCG is going up appropriately, that says a lot more about the viability of pg than just the prog in isolation. Did they offer prog support?

i have seen prog numbers all over the map that went onto produce healthy pg - some babies are just slower to start than others.

NCBeachyGrl
August 19th, 2012, 12:22 PM
It's not ideal of course, but as long as your HCG is going up appropriately, that says a lot more about the viability of pg than just the prog in isolation. Did they offer prog support?

i have seen prog numbers all over the map that went onto produce healthy pg - some babies are just slower to start than others.

I think they are waiting to see what my second set of numbers show. I went back on Friday and get the results on Monday - tomorrow! If it is still in the lower range, I will definitely ask if I can get some supplements. I have read mixed things about progesterone. Do you think it is worth taking?