PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about hcg doubling?

mrshonyez
August 16th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I had a little but of spotting on Sunday, so I went to the ER. My hcg level was 86,000 that day, then 100,206 on Tuesday (exactly 7 weeks). I know it's normal for it to not double every other day once it hits around 6,000, but it comes to like an 8-9 day doubling time. Is that too long? I don't know much about hcg levels... Thanks!

MatildaMai
August 17th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Have you had an early dating scan? Once you get past 6wks HCG isn't at all helpful in gauging viability etc... A scan to locate the pregnancy is much more accurate and at 7wks you should definitely see a HB. You could see what betabase.info says about doubling time but I don't think it goes past 30dpo.

mrshonyez
August 17th, 2012, 01:01 AM
I read everywhere that u/s is best after 6 weeks, so I'm not sure why they did the blood tests instead... I haven't had a scan yet. My first appointment isn't even until the 28th, and I'm not sure if they'll even do one then. I'll check out that website. The other ones I saw said it can take up to 4 days once you get past a certain point, but 8-9 days seems like an awful long time! Thanks for responding!!

NCBeachyGrl
August 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I found this calculator which is pretty cool:

Beta hCG Doubling Calculator | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php)

I had some spotting this week too so I am in the process of having my betas checked. Fingers crossed everything is OK with your bean. I would demand to have an u/s if you can! At 7 weeks you would def. be able to see the hb.

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I agree with Matilda, at 7 weeks it's just not helpful to know HCG levels any more because they start to rise more and more slowly over time. KFX and :pray: that all is well.

mrshonyez
August 21st, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm sure everything will be ok. I hope I can have an u/s next week just for peace of mind though! I hope all is well with you little one too NCBeachyGirl! These first few weeks are so stressful!