PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound woes. Ugh!

Lilac♥
February 7th, 2011, 01:00 AM
So we have our 20 week ultrasound scheduled for Valentine's Day, which is less than 8 days away now. And I'm totally dreading it after this last Friday night. You see I've been working really hard on finding ways to make it special and to be excited about it to take away the GD factor if it is a girl. I was feeling pretty good and excited all last week, like I really couldn't wait. I have a plan where we would do the envelope thing and go somewhere private and special to find out. Then this Friday my DH had the night off work so we finally had a chance to talk about stuff. I confided in him that I'm not excited at all about this pregnancy, and I don't even know why I decided to do it. He told me he'll be excited for both of us, since he's even more excited about this pregnancy than any of the others. Which really surprised me because he never talks about it or seems interested when I talk about baby names or stuff we need to buy or anything. He said he has been ever since the ultrasound at 13 weeks. Because when he saw the baby he really felt it was finally our boy. Even though I showed him the nub right after and explained how it was flat and that means girl. Since then I've had about 90% girl guesses on the nub shot I have. I immediately felt crushed when he said that he was excited because he thinks it's a boy. I said "yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's a girl." And he said "yeah, but you've thought all the others were boys and they were all girls, so that means this is probably a boy" I asked if he would still be excited about this baby if it does turn out to be a girl, he admitted he wouldn't be as excited anymore then. So now I don't even want to find out like ever, or actually I want to find out without him and not tell him. Because I know I need the next 20 weeks to get used to the idea of either a boy or a girl. But I want my DH to be excited finally about one of my pregnancies. And now I feel really bad knowing I'm not going to be the only one really let down if it is a girl. Just the look on his face when we found out DD4 was a girl, it really crushed me. Now this is going to be so much worse! To make everything even worse than that, people we know have started commenting about me being pregnant and asking if we know yet if we are having a boy finally. I really want to hide now for forever unless it is a boy. I've been thinking, when people ask after we find out, that we should just tell them "It's going to be a surprise," even if we do know. Because technically that wouldn't be lying, since it is going to be a surprise for everyone else besides us. And it would save me from all the rude comments or looks. But that means only my DH and I can know, we can't even tell our girls because they will blab. I won't be able to decorate a nursery or get out anything gender specific. I don't know what to do. I'm so confused about everything, and I only really have a week to figure all of this out.

FYI- I don't know how many of you are on Momma Central too, but I posted this on there as well.

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Lilac, I'm so sorry. It's so much harder when other people are involved!

Honestly, if I were ever to have another baby I would not bring my husband to the ultrasound. He doesn't care about the gender so I can only disappoint him.

I think it's a good idea to tell people that it's going to be a surprise. Why do they need to know anyway??

skrimpy
February 7th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I found out with this baby and have had really rough GD... DH was fine with me telling everyone that it is going to be a surprise, though. That really helps me, a lot. (DH will actually tell most people we know and aren't sharing; I'm fine with that, too)

It was really, really, REALLY hard for me at first - we found out just before Christmas and it hurt so much for weeks. I spent tons of time looking at sway info thinking about "the next baby" because it was the only thing that really helped. But now we are starting childbirth prep review and I'm being consistent with my prenatal yoga (even with 4 kids running around), listening to my Hypnobabies tracks, etc. and just doing all that prep for birth really helps a lot and I am starting to look forward to seeing her :)

Lilian78
February 7th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Seems to me that you definitely need to know--I don't think anyone else does, maybe not even your husband . . . do you think he'd be happy with a delivery room surprise? As for everyone else, I really don't think you need to tell. And you might think you would definitely tell if it is a boy, but you might be surprised--I was actually reluctant to tell about #3 because I didn't like comments suggesting that a girl would be better than another boy. Wishing you lots of luck in any event!!

nuthinbutpink
February 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Seems to me that you definitely need to know--I don't think anyone else does, maybe not even your husband . . . do you think he'd be happy with a delivery room surprise? As for everyone else, I really don't think you need to tell. And you might think you would definitely tell if it is a boy, but you might be surprised--I was actually reluctant to tell about #3 because I didn't like comments suggesting that a girl would be better than another boy. Wishing you lots of luck in any event!!

Totally agree about the telling when you get your dream gender. In a weird way, it was still difficult.

xnicolax
February 8th, 2011, 05:04 AM
I dont really know what to say other than good luck. I really hope this is your boy. Th nub theory isn't everything, look at sunbeam;)

Lilac♥
February 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm so ready to get this over with now. I'm tired of the rollercoaster of emotions. Only 6 more days. I'm going to tell my husband it's up to him whether he wants to find out or not, but I think he does. If I did find out on my own I'm afraid my emotions would give it away though.

I agree with not telling others even if it is a boy. I don't want to get the "you finally got a boy" or "are you done now that you got a boy" comments any more than I want to get the "wow, a 5th girl" or "are you going to try again" comments. But I know even if I put them off until the birth, I'll still get them then instead. I know I'm super sensitive and hormonal right now, but who knows if it might end up being worse after the birth.

skrimpy
February 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM
For me I think it will be better after the birth to tell people. Our situation is that we are having a girl after 3 boys (I did NOT want a DD). But everybody would be carrying on about it - how happy I must be and how we "finally" got a girl after all those boys.

Anyways, I don't think I can deal with all of that right now. But after my baby is born and in my arms and I am totally head over heels for her, I think I will be able to brush off what they say better. Then she will be my *baby* and not the *girl* that everyone said we "had to have."

Plus like you I am super emotional right now being pg so I don't want to deal with anybody's comments! I am so glad DH agreed to us keeping it to ourselves. In fact, I take a bit of satisfaction in telling my mom and MIL that they have to wait til the baby is born to know, hehehehe.

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Only a few more days now! Thinking of you! ♥

ELP
February 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I hope your ultrasound comes around quickly for you. I agreee that you should definately tell people irl that its staying a surprise, definatelly!! No matter what gender baby your growing in there people will have annoying comments in the dozens so save yourself the irritation of llistening to them for as long as you can, with a bit of luck another mum in the playground will announce their pregnancy soon and the misery vultures will have someone new to peck at. Good luck on hearing blue,either way just look forward to seeing your gorgeous little baby again xxx

Lilac♥
February 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks! The ultrasound is coming up soon, and has been on my mind a lot. I was hoping this week would go slow yet fast at the same time, and it has. Only 4 more days and 3 1/2 hours from now.

Do you think it's possible to tell the guy doing the ultrasound that I don't want him to hide the goods from me but not say out loud what it is, then have him put it in an envelope? My husband doesn't have much experience in looking at ultrasounds, so there's more of a chance I would be able to tell what it is and he wouldn't. But I wouldn't be 100% sure until we open the envelope together later. I don't know why I want to do it this way. I just really want to be able to see it for myself and first. I don't want this stranger to have the satisfaction of knowing before me either, although he probably will be able to see it and tell first. At least he won't be able to say it to me. I think I'm way overthinking all of this.

Lilac♥
February 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Oh and I forgot to add. I'm thinking if we choose not to tell anyone IRL, that I'm not sure if I'll be able to put it online either. I really don't know if anyone knows I go on any of these sites or not. So if anyone wants to know I may have to PM you. I'll have to think about it.

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks! The ultrasound is coming up soon, and has been on my mind a lot. I was hoping this week would go slow yet fast at the same time, and it has. Only 4 more days and 3 1/2 hours from now.

Do you think it's possible to tell the guy doing the ultrasound that I don't want him to hide the goods from me but not say out loud what it is, then have him put it in an envelope? My husband doesn't have much experience in looking at ultrasounds, so there's more of a chance I would be able to tell what it is and he wouldn't. But I wouldn't be 100% sure until we open the envelope together later. I don't know why I want to do it this way. I just really want to be able to see it for myself and first. I don't want this stranger to have the satisfaction of knowing before me either, although he probably will be able to see it and tell first. At least he won't be able to say it to me. I think I'm way overthinking all of this.

I think it's a good idea to do it that way. I wish that I had with DS 4.

Lilac♥
February 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Update:
So I talked to my husband about my idea. He said he doesn't care whether we find out or not, or if we tell people. But if I find out he wants to know. He says he thinks he could tell at the ultrasound what it is without being told. So I came up with a new fun idea. We are going to tell the guy doing the ultrasound to show us but not tell us, then have him put in an envelope (like my other idea). But then we are going to go to a store and each of us is going to buy the other one a gift, which could be anything, but it has to show what we think the baby is (like pink or blue or whatever). Then we will open the gifts and then open the envelope together to see who is right. After I told him my idea, my husband asked what do we win if we are right, and I said the satisfaction of being right and he didn't seem satisfied with that. LOL! So I don't know? What would be a good prize for the winner? What if we are both right?

Snowflakes
February 13th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Update:
So I talked to my husband about my idea. He said he doesn't care whether we find out or not, or if we tell people. But if I find out he wants to know. He says he thinks he could tell at the ultrasound what it is without being told. So I came up with a new fun idea. We are going to tell the guy doing the ultrasound to show us but not tell us, then have him put in an envelope (like my other idea). But then we are going to go to a store and each of us is going to buy the other one a gift, which could be anything, but it has to show what we think the baby is (like pink or blue or whatever). Then we will open the gifts and then open the envelope together to see who is right. After I told him my idea, my husband asked what do we win if we are right, and I said the satisfaction of being right and he didn't seem satisfied with that. LOL! So I don't know? What would be a good prize for the winner? What if we are both right?

That sounds like a great plan. Sorry I don't have no suggestions for the winner lol.

Just want to wish you all the best for your ultrasound tomorrow :)

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2011, 05:34 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun and a nice memory!

Good luck! ♥♥♥

skrimpy
February 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I like the idea of something pink or blue. Since we originally found out via genetic test results I found out the gender over the phone. I packed a little box up with a tiny pink dress and a picture of the book character we'd decided to name a girl after. Then I took that to him at work. It would have been so much better if I hadn't been trying not to cry when I gave it to him, lol, but I think that it was sweet anyways.

Not sure what a good incentive for the winner is - I'd offer a smooch or romp in bed :p but that may not be all that unusual ;)

Good luck at your scan tomorrow!!

lindi
February 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe the winner gets both gifts?? OR the winner gets to decide when to tell everybody else the baby's sex and gets to be the one to share the news?

And if it's a tie, the person who got the other one the better gift gets to share the news...

ELP
February 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM
How did it go!!!

Lilac♥
February 14th, 2011, 12:36 PM
How did it go!!!

4 more hours.

ELP
February 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
4 more hours.I am so hopeful for you. I have this great feeling that no matter who it is in there, you will take one look, and fall head over heels and come out smiling. I'm going to have to sneak on the computer tonight or in the morning to see how you get on, all my fingers x'ed for you :pray:

Gus
February 14th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Good luck!!!!

skrimpy
February 14th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Thinking of you!

Lilac♥
February 14th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Ugh today didn't turn out at all like I planned. At the ultrasound scan I had to pee so bad that that's all I could think about. I was having a hard time concentrating. I thought I saw boy parts, but then girl parts, then boy parts again. My husband seemed pretty certain he got a good look and I didn't feel at all confident. The tech didn't stay in that area very long. He guessed boy and I guessed girl with our gifts. Then we opened the envelope. Neither of us feel 100% sure about what we were told by the tech. She didn't give us a picture of the gender shot. Not sure what to think anymore. Do we believe the tech or assume it's still 50/50 and be surprised?

Gus
February 14th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I'm confused. What did the envelope say?

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Can you give us a hint???

I would go with what the tech says but I have seen ultrasounds be wrong.

One of the things that killed me with DS 4 (as in burst into tears and make me publicly humilate myself) is that I thought I saw girl parts early on in the ultrasound and then she dragged out the big reveal for a LOOOONG time, I guess she thought she was being dramatic or something. Lesson learned, I am not an ultrasound tech LOL!

Lilac♥
February 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I'm confused. What did the envelope say?

Well I'm not sure I want to share what the envelope said since I don't want to think it's the wrong thing the entire time. At this point the baby is still an it to me.

Lilac♥
February 14th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Can you give us a hint???

I would go with what the tech says but I have seen ultrasounds be wrong.

Nope sorry no hints right now. I'm not sure that I really want to know for sure, and I don't want to tell anyone. I don't know what to do! Why couldn't she have given us a picture of the gender shot? :-(

nuthinbutpink
February 14th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I would go with what the tech said because the odds of a trained tech being wrong are slim at this point. I'm guessing it said boy then. Congrats!

Lilac♥
February 14th, 2011, 08:57 PM

picture of baby

ruby
February 14th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I just wanted to say, your baby has a beautiful profile in the ultrasound picture.

xnicolax
February 15th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Im guessing by your reluctance to share that the tech thought boy? Your finding it hard to believe, right? I really hope so:) I hate the envelope thing, its too hard to believe without seeing the goods yourself. Will you be getting another scan for confirmation?

Lilian78
February 15th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Ugh, really sorry you didn't get any answers. I would definitely bellieve what the tech says even without a picture (highly unlikely to be wrong unless the tech was clear that baby wasn't cooperating and it was just a guess). But I don't think you really want to stress the whole pregnancy. Will you get another ultrasound?

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 09:27 AM

picture of baby

Lilac, I know its not science and I don't want to add to your confusion/hope/disappointment but I'd say that your babies skull features look eyebrows over forehead, so boyish. Do you have any others????? I cannot beleive that the tech was so casual!!!! Can you re-book privately, would you want to??? Or are you going to wait for a final delivery room surprise!!!!!!!!! Ugh, you must be in limbo!

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Here's the other pictures I have.
After a bad night last night I'm ready to talk about everything, but am going to wait until my DH goes to bed in a few minutes.

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Again skull guessing isn't a science b ut the top pic looks girly and he bottom boyish, flamin limbo grrr. Look foreward to 'speaking' late on. Would you pop into chat?

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Well I cried myself to sleep last night and now I've been crying all morning.

The baby is a girl and I just don't want to accept it. I don't want to tell anyone, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I don't know what to do right now. I don't want another girl.

Everyone is guessing boy based on what I told them, I don't want people to guess I'm having a boy. It breaks my heart. But I don't want them to know I'm having a 5th girl either.

I don't feel like I can be a good mom to anymore girls. I'm not even a good mom to the 4 I have. Their mood swings, crying, whining, screaming...everything drives me crazy!

And I won't try again. I've accepted this has to be my last try, and it's devastating. The thought of never having a son. It's too much to take right now. I never imagined this would be so hard.

:sad:

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry you didn't hear boy:sad: Was it for definate? It might not seem it now but she will be the light of your life soon:hugs:

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry you didn't hear boy:sad: Was it for definate? It might not seem it now but she will be the light of your life soon:hugs:

I don't know if it was definite. The tech didn't say anything, just gave us the envelope. She didn't ask what we already had or wanted. I was going to call and ask if we could get a picture of the gender, but the phone lines were busy this morning and sent me to message. Now I can't call because I'm crying too much. I don't know what to do. Find out for sure and get over it, or keep a small glimmer of hope there. I sware I saw boy parts and so did my husband, but now we just think it was wishful thinking.

I can't imagine having to put another baby in all those stupid girly outfits again. And having to get rid of all the boy stuff I have without getting to use it. How am I going to do this?

nuthinbutpink
February 15th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I'm so sorry you are hurting.

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Was this a private scan? Could you afford another scan? I think to put your mind at rest you need to get a picture 100% proof either way, other wise your going to keep questioning for the next 20 weeks. Fair enough surprises are nice, but in this case I think you need answers just so you can put it to rest and love your little one as a special new addition for your family. 5 girls is fun, I have 5, I have taken to calling them 'my precious gems' just so that if the new one is another lady I am in the right mind that she is gonna be as shiny and lovely as the others, not just another girl (I've my fingers x'ed for blue though )

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I think I'm going to ask my husband if we can go to one of those private scan places. I don't know what he will say. And I don't know if I should try to go right away, or wait until I'm feeling better so I don't cry the whole time.

These are my 3 choices, which one should I go to?
http://ultrasoundspecialists.com/
http://fetalfotosusa.com/location.aspx?i=5
http://fetalstudio.com/

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Was this a private scan?

It was ordered by my doctor and done at the hospital.

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I think I'm going to ask my husband if we can go to one of those private scan places. I don't know what he will say. And I don't know if I should try to go right away, or wait until I'm feeling better so I don't cry the whole time.

These are my 3 choices, which one should I go to?
http://ultrasoundspecialists.com/
http://fetalfotosusa.com/location.aspx?i=5
http://fetalstudio.com/
I'm not sure. I'd go for the nearest and cheapest, but it might be worth asking each how old their machines are so that you would get the best picture. You could even book without telling DH if you can be a little sneaky, that way you can just put on your pretend calm head on for a few days until you get a definate answer. Once you have visible black and white in front of you then you'll know thats its time to grin and bare it and put your best fake smile on to the world, until you meet her (or maybe him) then it will become a real smile x

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 01:12 PM
5 girls is fun, I have 5, I have taken to calling them 'my precious gems' just so that if the new one is another lady I am in the right mind that she is gonna be as shiny and lovely as the others, not just another girl

How do you do room sharing with 5 girls though? Do you have 3 in one room and 2 in another? Or 2 in two rooms, and 1 in her own room? How do you decide who would get her own or which 3 would share? My 2 older girls are saying they want their own rooms already, but for right now there's no way we could buy a 6 bedroom house. I was really hoping we could just have a boy and he would have his own and the 4 girls would have 2 rooms between them. I know this is the least of my worries right now. It's just something I think about.

I was trying hard to think positive about having a 5th girl before finding out. I thought about naming this one an L name so their first initials would spell out LILAC and I would call them my lilac girls or 5 lilacs or something cute like that. But I can't decide on a L name. I also thought about the fact that now I don't have to worry about all the boy things, but that doesn't make me feel any better. I feel bad for my husband. And I knew I wouldn't even consider having any more if this was a girl. And I thought it would feel good to know this would be our last. So we could move on from the baby stage and I could finally lose all this baby weight and do things for myself. But right now it doesn't feel good yet. It feels sad and difficult.

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM
My house is even more cramped than that!, we have 3 little boys aswell as the 5 girls hence the 8 piglets and only a 3 bedroomed house but we all squeeze in :happy:. The 3 boys (10, 7, 5) have 1 room, my 12, 6, 3 year old ladies have another room and me, dh and the 2 & 8month ladies have the 3rd room. We 'hope' to start the loft conversion as soon as the weather turns and as soon as someone hands us a blank cheque:oops: seeming as we didn't even make the mortgage thhis month it may well be delayed.....again:sigh: So for you theres definately room and possily even 1 or 3 more!!!

I think the lilac idea is fantastic (btw, I voted on your names, I went for Liberty as it means freedom doesn't it, maybe freedom from gd:happy:) or was there Lilly on the list, she could be your 'little Lilly Lilac' thats beyond special isn't it!!

How old is your eldest? You may well find that the baby stage isn't ready to let you go yet, no matter who's in there:wink:

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 01:30 PM
He/she is BEAUTIFUL! What a perfect little face! ♥♥♥

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
8lilpigs- Yes I knew you had 3 boys as well as the 5 girls. That's insane that you have 3 to 4 people in each room. Our rooms in this house aren't big enough to do that. Well actually they are since we are doing it, but not comfortably. Right now we have the 3 older girls in one room (all 4 were in that room but it wasn't working out and still really isn't with the 3) and me, DH, and our 2 year old are in another room. Which is sad since we have another huge room just sitting there empty, but my DH has never finished the sheetrock work on it to paint it and move the girls in like we had planned on so we are making this work for now. We have a 4th bedroom downstairs, but right now that's where we keep all our clothes and linens and laundry and it's where we get dressed. It's easier to have everyone upstairs together. But we've been trying to sell this house for years, and now we want to list it again as a short sale just so we can get out of here and move on with our lives and plans. But we are dragging our feet even though our mortgage payments are outrageous and my husband hates his job and has to drive an hour one way commute just to have the job. Anyways, if we do short sale our house we may end up in a 3-4 bedroom trailer while my husband goes back to college and we try to live off of nothing.

I just took Liberty off the list, as well as some others I decided we'd probably never go with. I already have a daughter named Lily, she's the other L in LILAC. Right now I'm leaning towards Laney, with Lorelei in 2nd.

My oldest is almost 8. And I'm only 28 and DH is 32. So yeah, we are still a very young family. And there's no reason why we have to be done having kids. Other than that only 8 of us will fit in our Suburban and I don't want to have to get something bigger than that. So we could have one more at the most. And I don't like the idea of 5 girls and 1 boy, and 6 girls would be even worse. I really don't want to go through another pregnancy unless there was some guarantee of a boy, that is if I could get used to the idea of 1 boy after 5 girls. But I know we would never really do anything high tech. That's why I've come to the conclusion that we should just be done. I'm too scared at this point to consider any permanent birth control though, so it's not like the door will be completely closed for a while and maybe never. I might end up going through menopause before I'm infertile.

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
He/she is BEAUTIFUL! What a perfect little face! ♥♥♥

Thanks! I agree the baby is beautiful. The scan was a lot of fun, seeing all of her little parts and hearing that she is so healthy and everything is measuring and looking great. I'm glad for another healthy little one, and I'm very blessed in that aspect.

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I think your right to not do anything permanant, maybe meet your new little one, have at least a year or two without any kind of pregnancy or b/f haze about you, get the house finished!, sold!, move closer to Dh's work so you can both have less stress and he can spend more relaxing times with you and the kids, then see what the future holds for you all, if its more children then so be it, if its a nice holiday somewhere then even more fun!!!

Lilac♥
February 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks 8lilpigs for talking to me this whole time. It really has made me feel better!

I'm even thinking more about girl names than I ever have before.

Which does everyone like best out of these?
Laney Claire
Laney Quin
Laney Sophia
Laney Mae
Lorelei Claire
Lorelei Quin
Lorelei Glory
Lorelei Jayne
Lorelei Lou
Lorelei Mae

Quin is because it means Fifth. And for some reason I really like Lou, like we could call her Lora Lou for a nickname. Is that too cheesy, I think it's cute. Claire is because of a dream I had once that I had a daughter and named her Claire. Glory is because she is due around Independence Day. Mae would be after parts of both my grandmas' names. Sophia was my great great grandma. Jayne is just a name I've always liked.

I'm up for other suggestions for first and middle names.

ELP
February 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'd go Lorelei Mae as may last little lady is called Maemay and she's a pickle lol!!

Heading off now, goodnight Lilac, hope everything is brighter in the morning for you xxxx

nuthinbutpink
February 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I like them both- Laney and Lorelei. I think Lorelei sound very southern, or maybe it's just my accent lol!

I LOVE using family names...gives a solid reason when people ask why you named them and at school my kids have all had to tell the class about their names and I like when there is a family connection. Quinn is cool.

Lydia Mae is pretty.

Lilac♥
February 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Feeling really sad right now. I talked to my DH about finding out for sure, he wanted me to find out what our options are. I called the place that did my scan and they aren't in the office again until the 28th, since they only are there on Mondays and next Monday is a holiday. All the places I can find that you can pay for are 1 1/2 hours away and the lowest they charge is around $60. I would just go for that, and use the drive as an excuse to look at cribs like we had planned on. But I don't know if my DH will go for it. Someone suggested asking around locally if someone would just let me pay a small amount to have a quick look to find out. I thought I would call my doctor's office, explain the situation, and ask what they suggest, but now I'm too upset and know I'll start crying on the phone. I feel really dumb and don't want to tell them what happened. Is it worth the time and money to just take the easy way and go to a private scan place? Right now it is to me, but I know I'm not thinking rationally.

My girls are driving me crazy today too. My DD1 said she had a sore throat and didn't want to go to school. Now DD1 says she'll go to school now if my DD2 goes (this is what time DD2 usually goes) but now DD2 is saying she doesn't want to go and for no reason. So now they are all home and whining and being brats. And my DD4 who is 2 is throwing a fit and I don't know why. She's already been really clinging and annoying this week. She keeps having nightmares so I can't get a good nights sleep. And now they are all starting to fight and argue with each other. And I'm so upset I can't deal with any of it right now. Why can't they just leave me alone? How come if I'm in a bad mood they have to be too? Ugh!

Gus
February 16th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I would pay to have the private gender scan. They will focus solely on the gender and it will put your mind at ease, one way or the other.

Vinter
February 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I'm so sorry you are hurting right now. :sad: I hate the envelope thing.
The nub and scull pics can go both ways IMO and since both you and your DH saw something to make you think boy I would get another scan before loosing all hope.

He or she sure has a cute profile! :heart:

Lilac♥
February 16th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Well we went and got a private scan. The first ultrasound tech was right, definitely a girl. I kind of feel in retrospect that we wasted our time driving all the way down and it wasn't worth the $60, but it's good to know for sure. So yeah. But a huge snowstorm hit right when we were leaving. So it took us twice as long to get home. And my husband had to turn around to head for work as soon as we got here and he is now going half way back the way we came from. So I feel awful about that, now he's driving in the awful storm and I hate it! And he only got like 5 hours sleep at the most, because of the girls not going to school and being so loud and us not getting home in time for him to nap. :-( I'll post some pictures we got in a little bit.

Lilac♥
February 16th, 2011, 11:01 PM

Lilac♥
February 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Oh and I just wanted to mention that I'm not really that upset tonight. Not sure why. Maybe it'll hit me again later or tomorrow. Or maybe I'm over it? I just keep thinking about all those miscarriages and unsuccessful TTC months I had while swaying for a boy. Part of me is sad to give up, but another part of me knows I can't do this again since High Tech isn't an option.

nuthinbutpink
February 17th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Well, I am glad you got confirmation and can move forward. I can't wait to see which name you go with!

Lilian78
February 17th, 2011, 08:25 AM
So glad you found out for sure . . . but sorry it's not a boy :( Sounds like you're handling it well and will be just fine when this little one arrives. I love Laney Mae :)

Vinter
February 17th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Congratulations on your healthy baby girl. At least now you know for sure. Sounds like you are doing well. I cant wait to hear what name you are going to choose!

Lilac♥
February 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Well even though I'm still looking for a name for her. I keep telling my husband he has to choose. LOL! It's mostly just to tease him. And I want to see what he comes up with. No idea what we'll end up with.

ELP
February 17th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Congratulations 100% on your little lady!!!! I am so pleased that you found out for sure, it does sound like that things are already looking up and becoming a little exciting again. Good idea to let him pick lol, even if you do end up steering him in the right way:wink::bigsmile:

Carnelian
May 21st, 2011, 05:14 AM
Congratulations on your newest little girl. I love the name Laney Mae- very sweet :-)

Deux Bleus
May 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Congrats on your little girl. She looks perfect and I must admit, Im totally jealous.
Reading your posts made me cry - it's funny how your hurting to be pg with your 5th daughter and Im hurting to not have even 1.
Im sorry about your GD but you sound like your dealing really well with it and I'm proud and def inspired.
Sending some blue dust your way and hoping to steal some of your pink.
Good luck. Xx

Myloves
May 30th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Congrats on your little girl. She looks perfect and I must admit, Im totally jealous.
Reading your posts made me cry - it's funny how your hurting to be pg with your 5th daughter and Im hurting to not have even 1.Im sorry about your GD but you sound like your dealing really well with it and I'm proud and def inspired.
Sending some blue dust your way and hoping to steal some of your pink.
Good luck. Xx

:hugs: I hope you get your daughter soon Deux!

Myloves
May 30th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Laney sounds really adorable!
Btw, you have a cute little girl in there. For what it worth, you are the luckiest woman ever to me. I would have loved to have lots of girls. :bigsmile:

TTC5
May 31st, 2011, 02:13 AM
What a beautiful baby!!

I have four girls and ttc a boy, I very well could end up with 5 like you ;)

Did you sway?