PDA

View Full Version : Inducing AF with parsley?

mkarntz1980
February 7th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I think I posted I now have a 32-34 day cycle....never had this till I took the B6. I heard that drinking parsley tea induces menstruation. I was thinking of doing this on CD 29 or 30 but then that would only give me a 11 day luteal phase. What do you think should I try it? I also heard that the later you O, and have a long luteal phase that it sways girl?? So far I on O CD 19 or 20 and AF doesnt come till around CD 32-34, I cant remember, I know its regular.....its just a long cycle

nuthinbutpink
February 7th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I know you can use it. Found this- Generally Parsley tea is considered to be the most effective as a mild emmenagogue as it relaxes the cervix to allow release of menstrual material. Fresh herbs are best. Water should be placed into a pan and allowed to boil, and then bring the water down to a simmer adding a handful or two of chopped parsley, allow to steep for approximately half an hour. The tea is then strained and honey can be added for a better taste. If using fresh herbs seems too much of a fuss parsley tea bags are readily available, however it should be made with warm, not boiling water as boiling water will result in the parsley loosing some of it's potency - although if using dried herbs it is important to get as fresh as possible. Tea should be drunk four times a day, and will usually induce a period quite fast.

Sex is supposed to help bring it on too. As will exercise.

High doses of Vitamin C seem to be recommended too.

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Interesting about the parsley tea!

I wouldn't do anything that could mess with my luteal phase if I was planning on TTC in the near future. Long cycles are annoying but there's nothing wrong with that, you can still get pg with long cycles. Short luteal phases, they are a problem!