PDA

View Full Version : HT- Too old?

marialll
August 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
hi
this is my first post here. i have learned so much. is HT even an option over 40?
i'm 41.
thanks in advance.

nuthinbutpink
August 19th, 2012, 12:44 PM
It's always an option. It just might be more difficult at your age. You could have pretesting done and that may help you decide whether to try or not.

nuthinbutpink
August 19th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Donor eggs is a possibility too.

marialll
August 19th, 2012, 01:02 PM
thanks for the replies!
i am just at the beginning thinking stages. we have 5 already, but would love a little girl. feeling kinda old :)

lisvna
August 19th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Nothing is impossible, there are more ways to reach "Rome". ;)

jils04
August 19th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Get some pretesting done to gauge the degree of difficulty, but we have had successful 41 yr olds before ! supps and dhea may help too. id like to see your afc if it were me.

Manhattan
September 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Hi!

I was 41 when I went HT for my daughter. We were successful on our 4th attempt. I would recommend DHEA for sure and the ability to be able to do several cycles. At our age it really is likely to take more than 1! I also did GSN which I was happy about, at least I knew what I was putting back was OK chromosomally. Good luck!!!!

tinksmagic
September 24th, 2012, 01:10 AM
41 is definitely NOT too old! I'm 41 and trying PGD for what will be my 3rd attempt (each time I was able to get pregnant, but m/c each time). I'm taking DHEA as well as other supplements, but what's really going well is whole food eating. I would definitely do pre-testing as they'll be able to give you an idea of what you need to "fix" or work on before trying. My mistake was assuming I was perfectly healthy and didn't do anything to improve my chances (first 2 cycles). I've seen so many fantastic changes since March I'm always happy to share!!!