PDA

View Full Version : My Practice Pink Sway!

BZ94
August 19th, 2012, 10:16 PM
OK, so this was my first cycle of BCP and I'm currently in the 2WW although we really are just waiting for AF so that we can start our "real sway" because we abstained during O this month, but I thought I'd share what I've done and see if anyone has any advice for improving it next month...

Diet -- LE, with a few cheats on the weekend in terms of eating desserts or snacks. Have been vegetarians since April, but I ate sushi, tuna and salmon during this cycle which I will cut out next month. Lost about 3 lbs but I really don't have much to lose, however I'm going to try to be really strict next month when it comes to snacking and cheats and try to lose 5 more. Stopped doing weights at the gym and just did cardio, about 3 times a week. Next month I'll either amp it up to major cardio 6 days a week or do nothing, haven't decided yet which works better for me. Ate lots of cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, salads and pita sandwiches with hummus and cheese. Pasta, rice, protein from beans and chickpeas. Fat free Greek Yogurt and low sodium cottage cheese. No breakfast unless I was working out that day, then I would just have two eggs over easy. Drank lots of CL and Diet Coke. Kept my morning coffee but will switch to caffeine free diet Coke next month to limit caffeine.

Supps-- Switched from cranberry to baby aspirin and took one tab a day. Vitex 2x a day and Saw Palmetto 2x a day. Stopped both at O, but since we didn't BD at all the week before O, during, or after (poor DH) bc I really didn't want to conceive this month, I might resume those before AF so they'll be in my body longer. Acidophilus 2x a day and folic acid 1x a day. Just added Metamuil because I was getting really constipated, so 3 tabs of that a day.

Will take Zyrtec 6 hours prior to attempt(s) as I did get a lot of EWCM this month. Also fingerfuls of Replens the mornings of attempts (does this sound right)? My drugstore doesn't carry Rephresh so I'm stuck with Replens...

DH-- Didn't do anything this month but is willing to do Cranberry supps and FR prior to attempt. Already goes on bike rides and agreed to hot showers. Planning on BDing when we get a pos OPK.

Have added lavender to my life in a big way -- dryer sheets, dried lavender in bedroom, lavender oil lotions and air fresheners. Also got ionizers for computer and bedroom. We always sleep with the fan on and DH hates A/C, plus it should be cooler next month for attempt. Am encouraged that the timing of next attempt (based on this month's cycle) falls during a new moon phase.

Lastly, I'm on Zoloft and plan to go off with BFP. I think this covers all aspects of my practice sway and plans for next month. I'm happy with it, but concerned about the Jewish Holidays falling a few days before I ovulate, as the food tends to be salty and heavy and will need to avoid that without raising eyebrows. Also we are in the process or selling our house and buying a new one so I will need to manage my stress levels.

Any suggestions for improvements??? So excited! Thanks in advance!!!