PDA

View Full Version : I've got a feeling...

Rosie85
August 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
So you know how they say 71% of women will accurately guess the gender of their baby just by intuition? I strongly feel I am carrying a girl but do you think my feelings of intuition are skewed by my intense desire or the fact that I swayed so hard for a girl and just expect it to be a girl? I am having a hard time deciphering between my intuition and hope at this point I guess...

Anyone else have this issue and then have it end up being the swayed gender regardless? I'm really trying not to let my hope and desire cloud my intuition but I can't stop thinking about girls.

auroara78
August 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM
I just felt like if i concieved on Christmas Day like I was planning to (I O'ed that day) that she'd be a girl. I couldn't shake the feeling from me in the days leading up to O'ing...I felt very confident, and like this was a part of the master plan to get Lillian earth-side.

Then, after I got my BFP, I had a few doubts...like I kept telling myself to stop thinking it was a girl, that I didn't know, I was probably wrong, etc...but my gut feeling persisted, and I really did feel like she'd be a girl. On the ultrasound day I was so nervous because it was a battle between my calm gut feeling and my nerves (who didn't believe I'd be so 'lucky' to get a girl baby), and when the ultrasound tech said "it's a girl" I thought I'd cry or be astoundingly happy, but it was like she had just confirmed what I knew deep in my heart.

It is though because for so long I tried to deny my gut feeling, saying that it was nothing more than desire that was clouding my intution, but I really felt the baby was going to be a girl even before she was concieved, just like I knew the minute I took the pregnancy test that DS2 was going to be a boy, despite really wanting a girl even then.

mummypink
August 21st, 2012, 10:55 AM
I'm the same Rosie, my gut feeling is telling me it is a girl but I think it is just because I have been so focused on swaying etc. Part of me keeps thinking I would be better to plan for it being another boy and then if it is a girl it will be like a massive bonus. Part of me also doesn't really care at the moment as I just want to get to the 12/13 week mark and hear the heartbeat so I know everything is ok.

The waiting part is so hard! xx

Northern_Shutterbug
August 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM
Does it sound weird that I have a strong feeling the next will be a girl and I'm not even pregnant?!? It's really strange as I've not been good on the diet and been lazy with everything else. I really should prepare for another boy ;(

jude2013
August 21st, 2012, 12:19 PM
Oh im so glad im not alone, i was right with the boys,i said from the start they were boys. This time prgenancy has been very different and i have also thought im carrying a girl.But like you wasnt sure if its cause deep down thats what i desire?? But then all the nub theorys im getting 50/50 answers ive got ages 7 weeks till my scan and we were going to find out but all this is killing me.
Hope your right and you get your princess xx

fivebabies
August 21st, 2012, 07:26 PM
I was right with my first 2 boys, then I "kinda thought" I was having a girl with #3 and was right. The entire time I was pregnant with #4 there was no doubt in my mind that it was a girl. I physically felt it....Nope, all boy. Told girl at 18wks then boys at 22wks. I still had doubts after the u/s but sure enough he was a boy. So with #5 I thought it was a girl again and it is this time. I just think its kinda what we want eep down and we're right half the time. lol.

Myloves
August 21st, 2012, 11:04 PM
I was right with ds1, I told everyone I knew that I was getting a girl but I knew deep down inside he was a boy.
With my second I was alot like fivebabies - I really felt that he was my girl, that I'd finally get a daughter. Wrong! He turned out to be boy#2.
During my last pregnancy I tried my best to block any kind of 'intuition' or opinions forming in my head because I didn't want to be upset if I heard boy. But the night before my u/s, I remembered thinking 'I can't wait til I see her on the screen' out of the blue - even though I thought I didn't have an opinion on whether I having a boy or a girl. And I was 'right' again! She is all girl.

jark22
August 23rd, 2012, 02:19 AM
I don't trust my 'instincts' anymore. I was CERTAIN that both DS1 and DS2 were girls.......but I really think it was just because if my intense desire to have a girl. So I'm just going to assume my next one is another boy but hope it's a girl :)

CherryBlossom
August 23rd, 2012, 02:53 AM
My ds1 both my partner and I knew he would be a girl. We were calling him our girl. Everything felt like a girl. Well how wrong was I when he came out with something between his legs lol!!! I actually felt like I wasn't a mother as I was told at that time mother intuition is always right. I couldn't but feel like I wasn't a mother enough lmao.
Ds2. I knew from day one he would be a he. But had doubts due to what happened with my first. But I felt like it was a boy and right I was =D
I've had intuition into the future that I feel like I'll have a girl next. But every now and then I'll feel like its a boy. I strongly feel like I'll have a girl. However right at this moment I feel like I'll have a boy and then a girl later on =( even though I only plan on having three kids. I've also had a huge feeling I'll have twins... And trust me that is NOOO desire lol.

Callmecrazy
August 26th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I'm with all of you. I knew what all mine were as soon as I knew I was pregnant. I knew what DS2 was the moment I conceived.
I have been having a very strong feeling that I can't shake that my next child will be a girl. Even before we planned on another.
So I very much believe that you can KNOW what your baby is.
Good luck! I can't wait to hear when you've confirmed.