PDA

View Full Version : Songs that make you think about your dream DG baby

HopingWishingPraying
August 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Am I just a totally sad case or do other people do this too? Love songs that I hear on the radio no longer have anything to do with romance for me, they are all totally about my little dream girl that lives only in my head. I am feeling pretty pathetic at the moment because since hearing the One Direction song "One Thing" on the radio a week or so ago I just cant get the lyrics out of my head. I am often found singing the bits that resonate with me, and in my ultra silly moments, getting teary about it! I feel like I am a 15 year old girl, except I am not singing about any boy. "Somethings gotta give now, coz I'm dying just to know your name. And I need you here with me now, coz you've got that one thing (an X chromosome, LOL). So get out, get out, get of my head and fall into my arms instead... so get out, get out, get out of my mind and come on, come on, into my life". It sums up how I feel. I am sick of my girl living in my head, she has lived there my whole life - I just want to get her out of my head and into my life. I want to know what her name is, what she looks like, and I dont want her just to be a figment of my imagination any more. It sucks. I have a plethora of annoying pop songs that get stuck in my head and are totally all about my baby girl to me... anyone else?

HopingWishingPraying
September 2nd, 2012, 10:44 PM
Crickets. Ok, it's just me! I feel like a big loser. I don't listen to One Direction as my music of choice, promise! Does it help if I say that I have moved onto a new wallowing song? Probably not, given that the new song is by Lionel Richie!

Hello:

I've been alone with you
Inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips
A thousand times
I sometimes see you
Passing outside my door
Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted
And my arms are open wide
Because you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much
I love you

I long to see the sunlight in your hair
And tell you time and time again
How much I care
Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello!
I've just got to let you know
Because I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let start by saying
I love you

Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
Becuase I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let start by saying
I love you!

Lots of bits in this in this song resonate with my thoughts of my little dream daughter who I cant seem to get into my life (and out of my head). The "I sometimes see you passing outside my door" is resonating with me today as I have spent the morning looking wistfully after a little blonde girl who looks so like one of my DS's and so very like the daughter I always thought I would have... but she isnt mine, she belongs to someone else. I often have little girls who remind me of my dream daughter "pass by my door" and make me think "what if". Anyone else?

angel in a pink sky
September 3rd, 2012, 09:51 PM
No no you are not alone. I can't say I ever matched a song to my GD but who knows I now just might since you gave me the idea...LOL. I think it is your way of dealing with it in a healthy way in my opinion. I think everyone has that "break up" song when they hear it played it brings them right back to those feelings. The song resonates with you because it is your feelings in words. I hope in a short time she is here and you are holding her in your arms singing it to her. You are not alone at all and when I hear that song I am going to think of you and hope all your dreams come true.

KidAtHeart
September 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM
When our last HT attempt failed and we decided we needed to move on, Florence + the Machine's "Shake It Out" became my anthem. I remember hearing it as I drove home when I was particularly upset, leaving the dr's office. "Dog Days are Over" is another one.

On a side note, I can't listen to Alanis Morisette's "You Ought To Know" anymore. It reminds me too much of how crappy I felt after a big break up back in the early-post college days!

HopingWishingPraying
September 4th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Thank you for your responses, I don't feel quite as weird now!! Angel in a pink sky thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement, they mean a lot - thank you! Some others that I often get stuck on are "Waiting for a Star to Fall" (trying to catch your heart is like waiting for a star to fall to carry your heart into my arms, that's where you belong, in my arms, baby)", "Here Without You Baby" (I'm here without you baby, but you're still on my lonely mind. I think about you baby, and I dream about you all the time. I'm here without you baby, but you're still with me in my dreams. And tonight it's only you and me). And - even though I know it is meant to be about infertility - "I would die for that" by Kellie Coffey. All very melodramatic and all - but sometimes I feel melodramatic and indulge in a good GD wallow - and these songs are great for that!

grasshopper
September 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Yes..."With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. This song makes me choke back tears...just reminds me of the
Father Son bond that I hope my DH gets to experience. Gives me a lump in my throat every time.

alreadyneedivf
September 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I always relate songs to things. Haha I always hear Living on a Prayer and think about HT and having a DD. We both wanted one of each so I always think now I have 1/2 of it--haha--crazy I know. Also, absolutely (story of a girl) always makes me think of my potential DD.

When I was doing IVF for my son, I always heard Hallelujah on Pandora and thought of the baby. I am not even religious but still get chills when I hear that song:)