PDA

View Full Version : Correlation between morning sickness and # of pregnancies?

NCBeachyGrl
August 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Does it seem that m/s gets worse with every pregnancy or in your experience has it varied?

For me:

DS1 - remember slight nausea in the AMs only for just a few weeks
DS2 - remember nausea worse than with DS1, but still only in the mornings and went away quickly
Beachy Bean - nausea all day it seems - from the time I wake up until late evening for the last 3 days - hope it goes away soon! I feel like I have a hang over from hell (minus the drinking and minus the headache)

Rosie85
August 21st, 2012, 02:28 PM
With Ds1 it was from week 6-12 and it was pretty mild. I think for 2 weeks it got pretty bad and I didn't eat much but that was it.

DS2 I had morning sickness from day one to week 28, it was all day and all night. I lost 30lbs I was so sick.

Pregnancy #3 I have had on and off MS since day 1. It is not as bad as last time thank goodness. I am not hungry but I can force myself to eat.

Shellbelle
August 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
With DS1, I had to be hospitalized with hyperemesis. It lasted well into the 2nd trimester. I threw up pretty much everything, all day.

With DD1 (my second baby) I didn't have any ms at all. It terrified me, because I also had bleeding with her starting at about 6 weeks, and I thought the lack of nausea might be a sign that all was not well with the baby.

With DS2 (the baby baby) I had some nausea, but nothing like with my first. Just enough to make me feel confident about the pregnancy (until I bled like crazy at 10 weeks, LOL). The MS ended at about 12 weeks.

dloui128
August 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
DD1- no morning sickness at all really
DD2- I would get a little sick here and there I think I only threw up maybe twice
I am pregnant now with a boy, I have only threw up once, and I was very nauseous at night in my first trimester

mummypink
August 21st, 2012, 02:46 PM
I felt really travel sick when I was pregnant with ds1 from just before getting a BFP up until about 12 weeks and then I was fine, I wasn't ever actually sick though. My sense of smell went through the roof too! Then with ds2 I was really sick from about 7 weeks until about 16 weeks, I couldn't keep anything down and felt awful. It got to the point where my midwife was talking about admitting me to hospital but thankfully it started easing up shortly after that.
With both of those pregnancies whenever I had milk either on its own or in something it tasted off, I was forever asking DH if the milk was ok!
So far with this pregnancy I have felt nauseous and lost my appetite, and felt hung over like you said. This evening was the first time in ages I actually felt hungry so I made the most of it and had a good meal. I've just started feeling sick again though.

I think it is maybe more to do with what you have going on in your life, when I was pregnant with ds2 my first ds was only 9 months old so I was up in the night with him and busy with him all day. Not good preparing baby food when you have morning sickness lol!

Winngrin
August 21st, 2012, 02:56 PM
Im interested in this thread because I have very few symptoms so far and I am almost hoping for ms. With all 3 of my boys I had pretty bad ms and it seemed it started really early. With DS1 and DS2 I had to use prescription suppositories and then oral meds to help. DS3 I was able to take the pills and they worked. But I am terrified the lack of ms is a bad sign. I am hoping it is just too early and I will be kicking myself for saying this in a couple weeks.

Mrs_P
August 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Def for me

DS1 i had a weekends worth where i felt really sick at about 8 weeks though i had sunstroke as we were away
DS2 started sooner and felt sick around morning and lunchtime meals times but not that bad
DS3 really bad right from the beginning, ds2 was really into thomas and i remember feeding him lunch whilst it was on, even the music made me feel queazy for months as it reminded me of food!

Hobbermittens
August 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
My got worse with #2 AND #3, but wasn't as strong with #1 and #4. However, the duration lengthened each pregnancy. My first I was sick about a month, my second for 12 weeks, my third 14 weeks, and this current one 16 weeks.

bythestream
August 21st, 2012, 07:04 PM
Some women get morning sickness because they are low in magnesium. Try upping your magnesium intake it could be low after being on LE?

mrshonyez
August 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
With DS1 I was a little nauseous for a few weeks, but not too bad. With DS2 I was pretty nauseous, took Zofran and was fine after about 15 weeks. This pregnancy I started getting sick a little before 6 weeks, and even Zofran doesn't help much. Or maybe it does, and I'd be worse off without it lol. I had 2 mornings last week where I almost lost it, then I started taking unisom and vitamin b6 at night along with zofran in the morning, and it's manageable but I still get nauseous.

CherryBlossom
August 21st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Ds1 I had HG. It was horrid. I was in hospital having drips a good few times.
Ds2. Only till 20 weeks. It was still bad enough to make me puke while sleeping though

coocoobananas
August 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM
That's what I took, I am still afraid to be off diclectin (equiv to unisom and b6 I believe) I'm now down to 1/2 Zofran a day. Tried not to take at all today or yesterday but didn't pan out, blech!!

coocoobananas
August 21st, 2012, 09:20 PM
Each pregnancy has started earlier. This last one at 5 weeks 3 days!!:/
But def #2 as I recall was better but this one has eased up sooner but I think was worse as I didn't take Zofran before... Although it was never really offered either! I had to beg!!!

babygirlforme
August 22nd, 2012, 01:25 AM
I was very sick with all 5 boys but with DS#5 it did pass quicker and although I wasn't totally over it I was feeling much better again by 12/13 weeks. When pregnant with my girl I wasn't sick at all. It's hard to know if that is because I m/c or if it was because she was a girl. In saying this I know by u/s she was still alive at 10 weeks so perhaps for me it was the different gender. IDK.