PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

pinksapphire
February 7th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I remember alcohol being a no-no when swaying for a girl. I also remember, however, some women stating that hard liquor like vodka can make you acidic (and some say they conceived their DD's on a night of drinking vodka although who knows?).

I'm not talking about drinking when TTC'ing, I'm talking about drinking in terms of the girl diet BEFORE even starting to TTC, like the 6 weeks prior.

If you were out for a night, would you drink vodka or another "hard liquor" instead of wine as wine is supposed to be healthy for you in terms of antioxidants and such?

AnnaG1
February 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
When I did the diet I didnt drink wine - when I went out for dinner I would drink vodka w/ a teeny splash of cranberry

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Alcohol in excess lowers testosterone, makes nutrients leave the body, and sways pink. But, alcohol in moderation is kind of good for you when it comes in the form of beer and wine (they have B vitamins and phytonutrients). Hard liquor doesn't really have good nutrients in it the way beer and wine does, so that's why people say to drink vodka - you get the badness of alcohol without the goodness of beer/wine.

Some people are very down on drinking and so will not include it in swaying but I think it can help BOTH blue and pink swayers.

Pink - drink hard alcohol to taste

Blue - drink beer and wine only and no more than one-two drinks a day.

pinksapphire
February 7th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Alcohol in excess lowers testosterone, makes nutrients leave the body, and sways pink. But, alcohol in moderation is kind of good for you when it comes in the form of beer and wine (they have B vitamins and phytonutrients). Hard liquor doesn't really have good nutrients in it the way beer and wine does, so that's why people say to drink vodka - you get the badness of alcohol without the goodness of beer/wine.

Some people are very down on drinking and so will not include it in swaying but I think it can help BOTH blue and pink swayers.

Pink - drink hard alcohol to taste

Blue - drink beer and wine only and no more than one-two drinks a day.

That's what I thought. This is for DH too, right?

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Yes! Even more so, because alcohol lowers sperm count as well.

That having been said, my hubby loves his beer with the last two boys and as you can see it was no magic bullet for us!

pinksapphire
February 8th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I wish there was a magic bullet somewhere!!! LOL

Lilian78
February 8th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Ugh, I'm supposed to give up coffee and wine?? I'm starting to be convinced about swaying just because of how completely different girl swaying is from my normal life LOL.

babydust
February 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
well when we were swaying I had some vodka with some low sugar cranberry juice..kinda tasted like medicine, haha, and I NEVER usually drink hard liquor (i like a small glass of white wine at night sometimes). But for about 4 weeks or so I actually had a small glass of this a night and had my Dh have a small glass around O time (he never drinks). I definitely felt it, and it helped me to relax and de-stress (which also sways girl).

queen-of-harts
April 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
Im thinking of going the vodka route myself because im not a big drinker and i am a high stress person so maybe it will help.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I have never once drank anytime near when I was TTC and lately I have been drinking beer now and then, and I find it really does relax me a lot. I think this might help those of us who are stress-ers. GL Queen.

purplepoet20
April 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Interresting so now I have to find a way to get hubby to drink hard liq again... he did in college but got really sick hasn't gone near anything but beer in the last 8 years. Mayeb I will just leave this out of the sway because of BFing and hubby blood pressure.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM
That's fine! It is not at all required in any way!