PDA

View Full Version : okay.. timing

lindi
February 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
so which day DOES sway pink? it seems like every single day sways blue?

nuthinbutpink
February 7th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well, with the study from that lady that runs that business, 3 days before O swayed girl for her group of test subjects and there is the O+12 study. You can find "studies" for various days. I think timing is the least effective way to get your gender. I know you need to come up with a plan, but the other stuff is more important and keeping things where they should be through O.

I think O+12 is very hard to nail down and if you go that route, just know it might take a few tries to get the timing right because you have to make sure you HAVE O'd and not do it too early and be in the "boy zone" as they say.

With a cutoff, you must know your body too though so the whole charting this is important to get timing right. I'll let the others suggest which they recommend because I don't know what I did with my girls!

I know with DD1, I think it was a 1 day cutoff or O day and it was a one time thing b/c I was traveling for business and I know when I was in town to make it happen! With DD 2, we BD after AF until probably 2 days before O b/c DH was "over it" by then and then probably missed O alltogether.

DD3, I really have no idea but I would guess it was the same as DD2...lots of BD and a cutoff.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
so which day DOES sway pink? it seems like every single day sways blue?

I know, right!?! That has always bothered me about timing.

But keep in mind, that if, as the research indicates, 140-160 boys are conceived for every 100 girls, it could be entirely possible that more boys ARE conceived every day of the cycle than baby girls are. Even if timing does sway a little.

lindi
February 9th, 2011, 03:21 PM
so just avoid O day is basically what we are trying to do here then?

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, if you do nothing else, stay away from the day before O and O day. Please bear with me I am trying to write up a cut-off thing like I did with the O+12 but life has been getting in the way!

babydust
February 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah, timing is definitely the most stressful, but least important part of swaying.

I do think O + 12 is the best method, BUT very stressful for some of us, like me ;)...and hard to figure out, for some, not all.

Still I think you should pick a timing method that sways girl, and do all of the other factors, especially diet. For me, cut off worked well. I was afraid of O + 12 because what happens is I get many shifts in cm around O + 12 time, so I would just end up making a mistake. Plus, the supps and diet really mask cm, so it's hard to see the shift from ewcm to creamy. Also, what if Dh is working during O + 12, I could have kept a sample in a jar I guess, haha, but the whole thing was too stressful for me. All that work, with the possiblity of not even being able to make an attempt, with an ever great possibility of me getting it wrong and dtd right on O, one time. I didn't want to risk it.

It took time, but I figured out a way that worked for me to do a cut off. I charted for many many months, so I got really good with that. Then I took regular and digi opk's every single month and practiced with it. What I found was that when my regular opk's were almost +, but digi opk was still -, that was my cut off (I would get a 2-3 day cut off). Only dtd at night with this method though 'cause you want to make sure youre regular opk is - for the night. If you get a - opk in the am and make an attempt, you could get a + opk at night and the cut off would be too short, for me at least.

If you are too late, and already get a + digi opk before you've tried, you could always go for an O +12, if you are confident with it.

You could also dtd until you get a + digi opk, but for most of us that would be around a 1.5 day cut off, so it would be a shorter cut off. It's only hard if you can't dtd the dance that much though, like me and my dH! haha.

For us, abstinance with a cut off worked out really well, but it depends on your situation and preference.

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 02:24 PM
That is great info and thank you for sharing! That's the advantage to charting several months in advance, it can help with both cutoff and O+12!

babydust
February 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
yeah definitely, charting can help everyone see their own individual pattern and what works for them, whether they choose to do O + 12, cut off, a combo of both, or bd through O. After charting for a few months or more, I would just pick a timing method that you feel comfortable with and one that sways girl. Since timing is the least important, you don't have to do O + 12 if you don't feel comfortable with it, in my opinion. Cut off, combo is a good choice as well. Even bd through isn't so bad if you can be very very strict with diet. I think the frequent bd through O is great for women who want to or need to get pregnant faster or haven't had sucess with any of the other timing methods. Timing is a VERY individual decision. But to take some stress off of it (because I know it is a very stressful decision to make), go with what you can figure out the best and sometimes you have to go with your instincts on this one.

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2011, 10:58 AM
It's edited now and I feel a lot better about it! Thanks everyone for your patience!!