PDA

View Full Version : Kefir? what do you think of it?

mkarntz1980
February 7th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Kefir is on the IG diet on tier one....its very probiotic, I heard probiotic is alkaline? for the organic for 1 cup it has 110 cal 20 fat cal sodim 125 12g carb 12gram sugar protein 11g

vit a 10 % vit c 4% vit d 25 % and calcium 30 % it has ten active cultures.

Ingredients: pasteurized cultured organic lowfat milk, vit a palmitate,vit d3, contains milk.

Do you think this is okay to drink or should I stick to my 2 cups of milk a day and yogurt?

Another princess
February 8th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Looks like theres a few to many added vitamins which sway blue.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
A lot of fat, a lot of protein, a lot of added vitamins. If you love it, have it as a treat, it's not any different than 2% milk so just pick one or the other. If not, I would get the probiotics via pill form and save myself the calories involved (and the expense because it's very expensive, right??)

mkarntz1980
February 12th, 2011, 02:22 AM
there is also the yogurt activia which is probiotic

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Is it low fat and low protein??

Activia also has fiber I believe which makes it a better choice than some things!

Again, as a part of your diet if you like it, go for it!

babydust
February 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I take align (it's a stronger version of acidophilis). I also took this for my sway (just one a day) to ward of YI's which I think it important while swaying

Viene
February 20th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I did read somewhere than Kefir can aid in making more, higher quality EWCM. Plus, dairy probiotics are listed as alkaline on one of my acid/alkaline charts. I think it would be best to stick with plain old acidophilus and remember, for some people that raises pH and for others it lowers it. Oh yeah, and there is Lactobacillus in the supplement Fertile CM.

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM
Interesting Viene, thank you!