PDA

View Full Version : What helps upset stomach?

NCBeachyGrl
August 25th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I feel like such a baby b/c I am only 6 weeks preggo and this pregnancy is kicking my butt! I feel like the pregnancy hormones + the transition back to real food has been the cause. I am absolutely miserable! I have all day nausea and when I do eat, a few hours later my stomach turns to knots, cramps up, bubbles, and stays painful. I eat just a little bit of food and feel so full and nauseous. Is there anything I can take?

mydream
August 25th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I have had the same thing the whole time. It has been awful. More nausea than stomach pains or cramps. I know you can take tums. Will that help at all? I can barely eat at times. I keep my meals bet small so I don't get too sick. Feel better hun.

Winngrin
August 25th, 2012, 10:08 AM
If it gets really unbearable you can get a prescription from your dr for phenergan or zofran. I have had to get phenergan with all 3 of my pregnancies. It makes you sleepy though so this time if needed I am going to ask for zofran. Also, eating very small frequent meals seems to help, and I drink small amounts of Vernor's ginger soda (not ginger ale) throughout the day. Ive heard seabands help but havent had any luck with them. My ms is just starting to come on, I feel for you sister!!!

NCBeachyGrl
August 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks ladies! I hope you both feel better too!!

Zivic-Bubac
August 25th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I felt miserable during first trimester in this pregnancy. Only thing that sort of helped with nausea was red grapefruit juice :agree:

Rosie85
August 25th, 2012, 09:58 PM
My last pregnancy all that would help is small sips of regular Coca cola, I know caffeine is bad but it was my savior.

I try to stick to eating really bland foods mostly. Salads, cucumbers, watermelon---which by the way is actually suppose to help MS!! I also use seabands and take vitamin B6.

Winngrin
August 26th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Beachy, just wanted to let you know that I tried the Dollar Store version of Unisom yesterday and it helped so much!! I actually ended up taking it during the day, and it did make me drowsy, but I decided I would rather battle drowsiness than that awful "queasy, wishing I would just go ahead and yak" feeling.

auroara78
August 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM
for some reason, mashed potatoes really helped my MS...it made me feel "full" and feeling "full" (but not heavy) helped keep it at bay.

Rosie85
August 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I have heard about unisom and taking it for morning sickness. Does it have any ill effects on the baby??