PDA

View Full Version : Question for atomic

fiveboysandagirl
August 25th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hi Atomic. I hope you are enjoying your first days with your little girl. If you have a moment, could you answer a question for me?
my period is due and I should be restarting the SP and Vitex for 14 days. However my period hasn't arrived properly yet. (TMI) All I've been getting since thursday is slight brown spotting. I poas thurs and it was negative. Do you think it's safe for me to restart the supps or should I wait for the first day of proper blood flow?
Thanks a lot.

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

Butterfly Spirit
August 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
It could be implantation bleeding! Don't start Vitex until your first red flow day! :)

BeadinMom
August 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Not sure how bad it would be to take vitex, but the saw palmetto definitely shouldn't be taken if pregnant.

Butterfly Spirit
August 26th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I know of someone who miscarried because she was taking Vitex and didn't know she was pregnant...then there's my loss where I took Vitex for too long..even after O. It's not worth the chance!

fiveboysandagirl
August 26th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Thank you. AF still not here so I am now officially late. I am normally as regular as clockwork so I wonder if the vitex has altered things? I really don't think I'm pregnant but will wait for proper flow before I start supps again.

Butterfly Spirit
August 26th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Thank you. AF still not here so I am now officially late. I am normally as regular as clockwork so I wonder if the vitex has altered things? I really don't think I'm pregnant but will wait for proper flow before I start supps again.

Best of luck sweetie! I hope that you are experiencing IB!!!! :)

Lotte
August 26th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Hi Fiveboysandagirl, how are you?

Maybe it's the result of the ivf? my period was a little delayed last week (and it last longer, it's still not over yet).
And I know there are others who really needed some time to get back a regular cycle.
I wish you the best!

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Teh vitex can def. delay O, and if O was delayed, AF will also be delayed accordingly.

In that case, I think you need to test again even if you do get red flow. You can have a perfectly normal period and be pg the entire time (this actually happened to me personally).

fiveboysandagirl
August 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Thank you. Problem solved. AF arrived properly at lunchtime! Vitex must have delayed O. I'll start supps again this evening. I've been incredibly pre-menstrual for the last 2 or 3 days so I'm relieved it's here!

fiveboysandagirl
August 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi Lotte. Nice to hear from you. Hope you are keeping well.
xx

Hi Fiveboysandagirl, how are you?

Maybe it's the result of the ivf? my period was a little delayed last week (and it last longer, it's still not over yet).
And I know there are others who really needed some time to get back a regular cycle.
I wish you the best!

Butterfly Spirit
August 27th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Teh vitex can def. delay O, and if O was delayed, AF will also be delayed accordingly.

In that case, I think you need to test again even if you do get red flow. You can have a perfectly normal period and be pg the entire time (this actually happened to me personally).

Oh, I need to remember to tell all the Vitex ladies to test even when and after they get what they think is AF!
Thanks for reminding me! Because it's so important!

Lotte
August 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Hi! Good to hear it arrived yesterday.