PDA

View Full Version : Out of control appetite after O

Jewelbare
August 26th, 2012, 10:20 PM
According to my FF chart I am 1 DPO. I'm trying to lightly sway pink. I have been doing really well with keeping my calories down around 1200-1500, limiting protein, and not snacking.

Well today I could not fight my urge to eat!! It was non stop. I felt like I couldn't control myself. I haven't really felt hungry I just wanted to eat everything in sight. Even now as I type this I'm lusting after an ice cream cone. Just wondering if anyone else has had a harder time staying on the diet after O? I'm hoping tomorrow I will have more going on to distract me from pigging out.:sigh:

bythestream
August 26th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I found it the worst just before AF. It is hard but for me it got a bit easier the longer I was on the diet, your body gets used to waiting for its food and you're not really wanting to snack anymore. Try having a drink, water or diet pop?

dreamingpink77
August 27th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Hi Jewel, the exact same thing happened to me at 1dpo too, I was hungry and just wanted to snack all the time. I just couldn't control myself. And like you, I was pretty good on my diet till ovulation. I ate so much the past two/three days compared to what I'm used to eat on the diet. Yesterday I ate a little less, but still a lot compared to my usual diet. Now today is a new day, a new week, and I'll try to do my best to control myself especially since I don't think I'm pregnant, that means another month of diet. Try to think about something else and not food...I know it is not easy. Good luck on your diet and sway. Hope we get pregnant very soon and start eating normally again. Good luck Jewelbare!

Jewelbare
August 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks ladies! Today seems a little bit better. I'm trying to drink more and eat less. I wonder if it was partly psychological yesterday knowing I had O'd so thinking I didn't have to be as good about diet or something. It also didn't help just being at home all day not really doing anything. I sure hope we all see our BFP's soon so this will no longer be an issue!! Good luck to you too! :luck:

fish2012
August 31st, 2012, 03:55 PM
i had this last month i hoped it meant a bfp was coming ;-( didn't....and now on mega diet...ho hum!

hotdogz&boyz
September 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM
I am actually having the same problem today. I just want to snack constantly. And have not been great about avoiding that urge :( But I was great on my diet til today. And my best guess puts me at 3dpo. I think part of it is the stress of the "attempt" has passed and it doesn't seem quite as essential to stick to the diet. And part of it might just be the body wanting food! I know I have been eating a solid 1000 calories less than I typically do (my maintenance calories are rather high) and my body is probably wanting to rebel! I don't think I am pregnant this cycle, my OPKs were too whacky and I am still nursing a toddler (3xs a day). So it doesn't seem likely....and that knowledge is making me want to eat the house down because I'll have to be strict again for our next attempt! Why does it have to be so hard??!

fish2012
September 3rd, 2012, 05:25 AM
i had this too really bad this month hoped it meant bfp but i didn't.....choclate snack a jacks is my only suggestion ;-)

and maybe some vino (i ate choclate thou ;-(