PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use a "sunlight" light?

tinksmagic
August 27th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Hey TTC ladies!!!

I just got my Vit D results back. I am happy to say I've gone from 13 in May to 38!!! My plasma was an incredible golden yellow and the phlebotomist commented on it looking great! I'm back down to 2,000ui of Vit D3 a day from the 50Kui I have been on the last few months.

This was the first summer since I was 16 that I allowed myself to tan. But alas, now we'll be heading into the dreaded winter months with the sun slowly retreating. My thoughts have turned to those special "sunlight simulation" lights. Has anyone used them with good results? I just don't want to fall behind on Vit D. again not that a light is the answer but would it help?

michaela
August 27th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I haven't heard of it and just prefer natural sunlight over anything if possible. If it is winter I just up my daily dose of D3 and don't worry about anything else. I still take D3 in the summer but try and soak up 20 minutes of sun as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisvna
September 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Why is D3 important? I mean I know it's healthy but has it also to do with fertility or other health reasons? In the Netherlands we have most of the time rain so no sun......I hate the winters and I don't feel really happy like in the summer....

michaela
September 7th, 2012, 09:56 PM
D3 helps support your immune system. The stronger your immune system the better chances are for implantation. It also helps reduce inflammation.

tinksmagic
September 10th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I am NOT a winter person at all! Going to have to learn to be to keep the sun. I've been reading a ton of Vit d and hoping it helps with this cycle. A lot of my problem was my autoimmune wasn't allowing it to absorb so we're watching it. So much to know it will make your head explode! So much to monitor!!

I also suffered from that issue (name escapes me) when you get depressed in winter when there's no sun. February is the worst for me, so gray and dismal. I already told hubby our next house needs more skylights, the ones in our house help so much!!!