PDA

View Full Version : Amount of Crinone required after FET

Persuing Lacey
August 27th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Hi Dr Potter,

I have cycled with you in the past and had my embryos shipped back to Australia.

My new RE is proposing I only require 1 Crinone per day for my next FET. I took 2 per day when I did an FET with you.

I'm scared to go with his recommendation when it is half of what you prescribe. Can you please advise?

Persuing Lacey
September 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Bump

glory
September 21st, 2012, 07:09 AM
PL I am not a dr but with my natural FET, they use crinone and they wanted one a day, but 2dpt, I started taking 2 cause my levels weren't huge and they said I could.

I believe for a medicated FET they use the pessaries. 100 twice a day.

Dr. Potter
September 25th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Hi Dr Potter,

I have cycled with you in the past and had my embryos shipped back to Australia.

My new RE is proposing I only require 1 Crinone per day for my next FET. I took 2 per day when I did an FET with you.

I'm scared to go with his recommendation when it is half of what you prescribe. Can you please advise?the on label dose is 1 per day as prescribed by your REI. We use 2 in cases of egg donation and FET and one with fresh cycles as there is some endogenous progesterone secretion in a stimulated cycle. The literature generally supports more progesterone rather than less but it is not clear that there is a difference in pregnnancy rates. There is a higher incidence of bleeding with one versus two. Tell your RE that you are afraid to have spotting and ask if two crinone would help prevent this.