PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone to HRC recently from NSW Australia

Shelley
August 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Hi,
We are considering doing PGD at HRC in the second part of next year. Has anyone been recently and if so did you use an IVF clinic in Australia in conjuntion with HRC before you left (especially in the Sydney or Newcastle region) and what did the entire process end up costing? How long did you need to stay in the USA for and was your experience with HRC positive? Also, if you had any left over embryos were you able to bring them back to Aust for a later cycle? Sorry so many questions but it is hard to find answers (and I'm new to the site and not sure I am getting around it all that efficiently!). Grateful for all replies :flowerz:

japtzu
October 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hi
I am from Sydney too and would love to hear if you receive any advice. I dont know whether to do PGD at SART or HRC? Costs/benefits etc.

vickyaust
October 18th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Hi there and welcome. I am actually from Melbourne but thought I might offer some advice. I am about to go to HRC for the second time. I cycle in Australia with a Melbourne IVF doc and then fly to LA and drive to HRC a few days before egg retrieval. Then it's a 5 or 6 day wait till they transfer the embryo back. Then Dr Potter likes you to go on 3 days bedrest. My next cycle I am going alone and will be away 15 days (allows a spare day at the end in case I stim longer). Cost is $11200 for the cycle for GD dream members. Meds are variable but last cycle cost $6000 and this cycle only $2000. PM me when you get to that stage and I can advice on cost saving tips with meds. Hope that helps.

Shelley
November 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks so much :-)

HelsBells
November 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Vicky, why were your meds so expensive? I had no idea to expect to pay that much! And why the difference in cost for second cycle?
Shelley, I'm from the UK but planning on going to HRC in jan. we will be there for 14 days, but I think 12 is the minimum. I will have two scans in the UK before I go.

vickyaust
November 20th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I use Saizen which is a growth hormone and very expensive. Second cycle I had left over meds to use and sourced some cheaper in Australia.

Mumof3boysAUSTRALIA
June 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
I d love to talk with u Vicki!!! are u on facebook? I am in aust also and have 3 boys x