PDA

View Full Version : Any "classic boy nubs" turn out to girls?

JG60611
August 27th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Have any of you seen where the nub looks very boyish (at an angle) but the baby turns out to be a girl?? Basically any instances where its wrong/an angled nub is a girl not boy?

Hobbermittens
August 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I would like to know the opposite!

JG60611
August 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
i think if taken early enough there are girlish nubs that do rise and turn out to be boy ones... so in that case i think its def. possible. but im dying to know if theres any hope ive got a little girl in there and not a boy as im pretty sure he is hahaha

Hobbermittens
August 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Did you post your nub shot?

JG60611
August 27th, 2012, 04:26 PM
not on here before this... but i did on in-gender and also on ff where i did my charting and everyone said boy. It does clearly look boyish...its at an angle and has a little bump/shadow on top so i see where everyone would say boy. And im sure it prob. is a boy but i was just curious if its ever possible to have an angled nub and it not be boy.

Here it is...very obviously boy... i guess im just looking for any hope of a girl hahahaha. But it sounds like the theory is never wrong if nub is angled...

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i399/sugarplumfairyfl/baby5.jpg

Hobbermittens
August 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I really am bad at nubs, so I won't even hazard a guess. But I hope you get what you wish for! :)

JG60611
August 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM
thanks :) healthy of course first and foremost... but ill hopefully know tomorrow morning for sure :)

nuthinbutpink
August 27th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I can't guess with confidence from that image...there are 2 "things" clearly sticking up but the image is so dark, I can't see what they are. They both can't be the nub so I'm not sure what we are seeing. I'm not even comfortable with where they are on the body. Good luck at your u/s.

JG60611
August 27th, 2012, 05:56 PM

amari
August 27th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I can't even tell if there is a nub! Good luck!

coocoobananas
August 27th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I've been looking at tons of nubs and although there are some classic shots I've seen lots where I and others would have sworn the opposite!! It's given me some hope too that it could go either way;)

love-my-kids
August 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM
ever find out what your having? i would guess boy on yours.

coocoobananas
August 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Ok. No I haven't found out and not til birth.

5littlegirls
August 29th, 2012, 12:14 AM
I think anything is possible when viewed too early and guessed to early, or at the wrong angle. The correct angle to determine is baby laying flat on back and at a profile. However if after say 13 or 14 weeks the angle still points upward, the chances of your girl are slim. I have seen girl nubs early on that do end up going up, but not the opposite.

I have found that with my pregnancies that the techs like to guess boy based on a potty shot before 14 week mark..... but a potty shot is not reliable until after 15 or 16 weeks I believe is the statistic. Both boys and girls have same potty shots early on.