PDA

View Full Version : DS#3 is here! :)

RedCanoe
February 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Had my little boy, DS#3, two weeks ago, a week before his due date. It’s been a blur ever since and I haven’t been on the computer much.

His birth story (who doesn’t love those, lol !):

On Friday, I woke up at 4am and had a hard time falling back asleep. I kept feeling strong BH contractions, some of which, although not really painful, felt like maybe they could be the start of real contractions. This went on until about 7 am, then they stopped and not much happened until lunch time when I had a few more BH/possibly real contractions and some bloody show. At this point I thought that things are definitely happening, but still thought that labour might be a few days away from the signs that I was seeing. By dinner I felt a few painful contractions, so I thought maybe I should go to L&D and have them check me out. I fully expected them to send me home, but I was surprised when they admitted me saying I was 4 cm dilated. I still wasn’t having any regular contractions by this point, only the random painless BH.

I spent the next 3 hours walking around the hospital with not much happening. At about 10 pm they checked me and I was at 5 cm. The next hour I got more and more painful contractions, and by 11 pm they were really bad and so they checked me and I was at 10 cm. My water broke with the first or second push, and then baby was out in 10 minutes of pushing. So all in all not too bad, even without any painkillers. :)

nuthinbutpink
February 8th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Congratulations! Great job!

Tweens&aBaby
February 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Congrats on your little boy ♥

Liv
February 8th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Congrats on your baby boy!

skrimpy
February 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Congrats on your new son! Sounds like a good birth :) Enjoy your babymoon!

Jojogirl
February 9th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Congrats!!!

Dreamingforaboy
February 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Congratulations! I bet the big brothers are enjoying their new baby brother.

P.S I always love a good birth story!

Gus
February 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Congratulations!!!

mamato3lilmen
February 16th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Congrats on your new baby boy :-)

JackiesHope
February 16th, 2011, 04:13 PM
You are blessed! :)

Sunset
February 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
congratulations!

My Fabulous Children
February 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Congrats!

mamato3lilmen
February 25th, 2011, 01:06 AM
CONGRATS! XX My DS#3 and I have such an amzing bond, I would not trade him for any girl in this world ;-) Enjoy!

Dreamingforaboy
February 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Congratulations!

puppydogstails
February 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Congratulations on your baby boy, i'm always up for a good birth story to LOL, enjoy him, as you already know, they grow WAY to fast.