PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy cravings/aversions and gender

babydust
August 31st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hi girls! So I'm 5 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and having some cravings and aversions that I think lean more toward girl.

Can't even touch chicken. Can't stand taste or smell. Wot eat red meat. Hamburgers with cheese are doable if very well done

Crave grapefruit and grapfuit juice!! Green grapes, fruit ice pops, eggs ( but that's waning now), fresh salads, Mexican food but without the meat part, eggplant parm and pasta, yogurt, sparkling water

I still like an can eat pizza at this point ( ate a lot before I conceived) although I don't crave it like I usually have. I would rather have a vegetable dish or some fresh juicy fruit!

With my ds I craved meat meat and more meat! And I usually dislike meat to begin with haha. Also craved Mexican but with loads of chicken and steak too.

Wdyt? Thanks!

auroara78
August 31st, 2012, 08:51 AM
Well, I don't know how true it is, but I had a similiar situation, in that with my girl pregnancy I was totally OFF meat, and I typically enjoy meat with my dinner.

With my sons, I couldn't get enough. I wanted non stop tacos (or anything with beef) with DS1, and DS2 could have nicknamed "fried chicken" because I couldn't get enough of chicken in general with him. With the girl, I could just start eating meat in moderation well past 4-5 months...roast chicken sitll made me gag even after my morning sickness had been long gone.

Mochagirl
August 31st, 2012, 09:02 AM
My cravings have been pretty much the same through all my pregnancies: fruit, fruit and more fruit. I do have more of a sweet tooth this time around but I credit that more to an ice cream and candy habit I acquired while on the LE diet. I didn't eat a lot of meat with any of my pregnancies, and had an aversion to seafood. I would happily eat pasta and pizza every night if I could.

Rosie85
August 31st, 2012, 12:10 PM
I have an aversion to meat right now too. All I have been wanting to eat is soup or salads and fruit and some veggies.

With my boys I craved meat from the beginning but was too sick to eat it. This time meat makes me want to yack...just thinking about it even. I also craved a lot of junky type foods with the boys, lots of grease, calories.

I cannot eat anything with grease right now or with heavy sauces, or melted cheese, so weird! The less food I have the better it seems, and the healthier too.

babydust
August 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way! The thought of grease makes me sick. So no longer can stomach the fried eggs I used to like! Also pizza I can only eat if I dab ALL that grease off. I also feel best when I set lighter meals throughout the day. Getting really nauseous now and only 5 and 1/2 weeks. With ds it started at 7/7 and 1/2 weeks. With Dd, it started earlier. So we'll see, but looks promising ladies! For al of us :)

Winngrin
August 31st, 2012, 04:01 PM
I try not to read too much into craving this early, because I think it has way more to do with ms than with gender. My friend swears that Im in trouble because I still like sour and spicy things, but I dont think our tastes truly change, just our perception of them due to ms, and what we are able to better stomach at the time. I might be more inclined to believe it later in pregnancy when ms isnt fudging everything up.

TT_3814
September 4th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Sorry I can't help much with the cravings but wanted to wish you a huge congrats and a H&H 9 months! :)

babydust
September 4th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks TT! :-)

mummypink
September 12th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty much off everything at the moment lol!! ;)

lobella2
September 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
With both of my girls I could not stand chicken or any meat until the 12 week mark. I also ate a lot of fruit. With DS I craved meat and protein foods. Good luck!

dloui128
September 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
With both of my girls I could eat pretty much anything, no foods really bothered me but I did eat a lot of cereal and icrecream. This time I am pregnant with a boy and I haven't really craved meat, but I LOVE cheese this time, cheese on everything and in the beginning I couldn't get enough sour stuff, especially sour patch kids

Rosie85
September 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Okay ladies I am having the strangest aversion EVER. Want to hear what it is??

Running water! No joke, it makes me gag like crazy!!!!!

Rosie85
September 13th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I am also having major issues with hamburger, I can't even look at a picture of it.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Me too Rosie!!! Yuck!!!

Rosie85
September 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Three--running water or hamburger??! lol

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hamburger. And I can't drink water...hahaha. And brushing my teeth....water related I guess. I had to take meds to stop vomitting. Remember me 2 weeks ago..."I have no ms"!!!! I can't eat a lot of anything. Having a full stomach is not an option. How have you been feeling?

Rosie85
September 13th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I have started to feel better in general but I still have long lingering moments of feeling gaggy. I just don't feel like I have the stomach flu from sun up to sun down anymore. There are many things I can still not eat and I can't eat very much of anything, just little bits.

I have been having a hard time drinking water too, it makes me feel the sickest. Glad you got some meds to stop vomiting and hopefully you will feel all better soon! I guess you don't have to worry about not having symptoms though like you were before!

Shellbelle
September 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Rosie, the running water thing is crazy! LOL

I am having trouble even typing the word "hamburger." And, unfortunately, I have two recipes on our menu for next week that call for hamburger meat. I might have to revise the family menu. ;)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I really hate cooking and feeling horrible. I am having another salad tonight. Light and boring. Hahaha. Shell I'm so happy you're here!!!!!

TT_3814
September 13th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only one having issues with water. I get super thirsty, water is the only drink I want but then it makes me sick. Vicious cycle..

The Anchor
September 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
With DD...all i wanted to eat was fruit and bread with butter. Would be perfectly happy with a slice of buttered bread and a pineapple (yes, an ENTIRE pineapple). For DS...french fries with mayonnaise. Sounds gross, I know, but YUM. Can't even look at it now. This pregnancy, sandwiches and burgers. Bring on the meat!

Shellbelle
September 13th, 2012, 04:46 PM
With my first DS, my morning sickness was so bad, all day, that I ended up in the hospital. For pretty much the entire pregnancy, the only thing I could keep down was baked potatotes. Maybe because they don't have much of a scent once they're cooked? I don't know, but it was the only thing that didn't sound absolutely horrible to me.

Cinss
September 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I am still very early in pregnancy but for the past couple of days i have been craving eggs, cheese, chocolate and chicken. Loving water too.