PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had Early arrivals?

pinkin2011
September 1st, 2012, 02:55 AM
I didnt know where to post this But my ob is wanting to induce me some where between 35 and 37 weeks ... I have quite bad ICP. Just woundering if anyone has had a baby born around 35 or 36 weeks and how was baby? I am quite nervous ATM about all this talk of being induced early.

Butterfly Spirit
September 1st, 2012, 03:46 AM
Pinkin' My gut tells me you'll be fine.. I have a friend who has a friend that delivered at 26-27 weeks and her baby was just fine. And since you are on the cusp of Full Term by that time, I really think you will have "No worries!" ;)

Winngrin
September 1st, 2012, 05:14 AM
I would be thrilled to get to 36 weeks! My DS1 was born right on time, DS2 at 30 weeks, and DS3 at 34 weeks. Both DS2 and DS3 are just fine. DS2 stayed in the NICU for 5 weeks and did come home on an apnea/heartrate monitor, but is a perfectly healthy 11 yr old now. DS3 stayed in NICu for only 12 days and has never had the slightest hint of a problem, he is the healthiest baby I know. At 35/36 weeks there is a very good chance that your baby would not need to go to the NICU and would be able to stay with you and go home at the normal time as a full term baby. If baby did need a bit of extra time, most likely it would be due to either learning how to feed, or keeping warm enough, but the risk of being born at that gestation is very small. Wishing you the best!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
I didnt know where to post this But my ob is wanting to induce me some where between 35 and 37 weeks ... I have quite bad ICP. Just woundering if anyone has had a baby born around 35 or 36 weeks and how was baby? I am quite nervous ATM about all this talk of being induced early.

Pinkin, I had ICP with 3 of my babies. I got induced at 38 weeks with my first and second. With my second they started doing amnio's at 36 weeks for lung maturity but he wasn't ready yet. With my dd I got induced at 37 weeks. All of my baby's were fine. A little jaundice, but very healthy. My dd was 8 lbs at 37 weeks. Are they planning on checking for lung maturity? With boys, lungs usually take a little longer to mature. It is really scary to deliver early, but the risks of staying inside you can be much worse. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. ICP is horrible!!! You can pm me anytime.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 1st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Pinkin, I had ICP with 3 of my babies. I got induced at 38 weeks with my first and second. With my second they started doing amnio's at 36 weeks for lung maturity but he wasn't ready yet. With my dd I got induced at 37 weeks. All of my baby's were fine. A little jaundice, but very healthy. My dd was 8 lbs at 37 weeks. Are they planning on checking for lung maturity? With boys, lungs usually take a little longer to mature. It is really scary to deliver early, but the risks of staying inside you can be much worse. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. ICP is horrible!!! You can pm me anytime. One more thing I forgot to mention, my doc did tell me baby's born near the 36 week mark may have trouble keeping a normal body temperature, and they have trouble eating sometimes. My dd would fall asleep all the time and I had to take her clothes off and rub her body to stimulate her to eat and not sleep. Not trying to scare you, just letting you know what I was told and my experience. Good luck sweetie!!!

Winngrin
September 1st, 2012, 03:41 PM
Agree with 3M, the only reason my DS3 had to go to NICU at all was he was unable to maintain body temp and had to learn the suck, swallow, breathe routine. He was actually born at 33+6 and they refused to call him a 34 weeker (but I thought it was close enough). They do say that little boys for some reason seem to have the hardest time, the nurses actually called it "weak little white boy" syndrome, but again he was just fine, was the biggest baby in NICU and went home the fastest, and he was 2 weeks earlier than you would be delivered at. Try not to worry too much, youre so near full term!

nuthinbutpink
September 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
I would try and wait until at least 37 weeks. Boys are the weaker of the 2 when born earlier and before that, I would try to avoid it and any issues that may come if at all possible.

pinkin2011
September 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM
I am going to have a talk to my ob when I see her on thursday, My first ds was born at 37 weeks and I had trouble with the feeding thing. I think Id rather wait until 37 weeks if I can, And if being in my tummy is safer for him then thats what id rather then me being uncomfortable

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
I had non stress tests every other day until I delivered. Do you think your doc's office would do something like that? It will give you some peace of mind and let the docs know how your little guy is doing. Are you taking any meds for the itching?

pinkin2011
September 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
I am having those ctg twice a week until I have him and also I will see my ob once a week now until birth.
I am only on phenergan at bed time but my ob is trying to get the hospital to pay for meds for me as its going to cost about 1,000 dollars until i have him. If they wont pay for it I will just have to she just wants to ask them first if they will.
Its called Urso? or something... maybe I have that wrong. Anyway I had another blood test On wednesday and My Liver came back abnormal and my Bile test was 49 and ultasound of my gallbladder was enlarged so I most def have ICP. And YES its driving me up the wall!!!!! I can hardly eat anything and I am so itchy and no one understands. Oh I am also taking Vitamin K aswell

pinkin2011
September 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM
I havent gained any weight at all the whole time I have actually lost weight But had ultasound of bubs and he was 1.8kgs already so he is a very good size

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 1st, 2012, 09:28 PM
I lost 18 lbs with my last and he was 9 lbs. Urso is the medication. Are you taking it yet? It really helped me once I started on it. I couldn't believe how much the itching decreased. I hope this time goes quickly for you. It is such an awful thing to expericence. Btw my last pregnancy I didn't get it!!! It was amazing. I wish you the best.

pinkin2011
September 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM
Does it help with bringing down the bile number? No I am not taking it yet I hope to hear on monday what the go is

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM
It did help them go down. It's so important to get it. I'm really hopeful you'll start feeling better once you start taking it. I think that will help get you to the 37 or 38 week mark. That drug is amazing. I didn't think it would help me, but I was wrong.

pinkin2011
September 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah well I hope to talk to her about getting closer to my due date but will see. Id much rather 37 weeks then 36 weeks

babygirlforme
September 2nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
I have never had ICP but I feel for you. It can't be fun.

I had DS#3 at 36 weeks exactly and he was perfect. He was 6 pounds 11 ounces and never went to the NICU. He had a very small problem maintaining warmth and I just cuddled him skin to skin to bring it up. We had one extra night in hospital but I enjoyed that as it was my last night with just the two of us before joining the busy family at home. I hope whenever you end up giving birth that all goes smoothly.

pinkin2011
September 2nd, 2012, 02:35 AM
Thankyou! I am just so nervous about whats to come, Sometimes these things are out of our control. Id much rather get as close to 37 weeks as I can . I already know that its very possible he will need to go into a crib but I am suffering a bit of the guilts at the moment. I am feeling bad and like its all my fault if something goes wrong ( even tho I know I havent caused this ICP) But I still feel bad that he cant get to the full 40 weeks that he needs. I think this may be our last baby its so hard on me knowing he will be early.

Butterfly Spirit
September 2nd, 2012, 03:07 AM
Well you can talk to TTC5 it looks like she was 36 wks 1 day or 36 weeks! :)
Her little man looks big and healthy!!!!

pinkin2011
September 2nd, 2012, 03:23 AM
How big was he?
I will def be talking to her!!!

ELP
September 2nd, 2012, 03:41 AM
Well you can talk to TTC5 it looks like she was 36 wks 1 day or 36 weeks! :)
Her little man looks big and healthy!!!!

What!!! Hes here!!! I've missed it, thanks for the heads up xxx

Butterfly Spirit
September 2nd, 2012, 05:43 AM
How big was he?
I will def be talking to her!!!

I want her to be able to announce it, but bigger than what I told you mine were! ;)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 2nd, 2012, 06:31 AM
Thankyou! I am just so nervous about whats to come, Sometimes these things are out of our control. Id much rather get as close to 37 weeks as I can . I already know that its very possible he will need to go into a crib but I am suffering a bit of the guilts at the moment. I am feeling bad and like its all my fault if something goes wrong ( even tho I know I havent caused this ICP) But I still feel bad that he cant get to the full 40 weeks that he needs. I think this may be our last baby its so hard on me knowing he will be early.

I felt the same way you are feeling. After my 3rd I told myself never to have another baby again. I felts so bad that my dd had to come at 37 weeks. But my doc told me as long as I'm monitored and take the meds I should have no problem having another baby. And I did have another one, and NO ICP!!! I still had to be induced because he was 10 days overdue. Have this baby and let the worries of this pregnancy fade. Enjoy your son and down the road address the issue of whether or not you should have another baby. I'll be checking in on you to see how your doing. Hope you get the meds asap and they start working for you.

pinkin2011
September 2nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
Thanks so much! I hope to hear from my dr tomorrow. I am off to the hospital tomorrow at 2.30pm for them to listen to bubs for a while.