PDA

View Full Version : September Chit Chat for Ladies Due in Sept/Oct/Nov

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mochagirl
September 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
I can't believe September is already here - it's time for some of us to start having our babies! I was sure at least one of us would end up with an August baby, but even TTC5's little bub has held on until September!

So who will be first? I guess TTC5, then Auroara, then me. There are other ladies who are on our tally but who haven't checked in with us for a long time - maybe some of those September ladies will give us an update on how they're doing.

Here's a recap of the September ladies:

queen-of-harts
September 2nd

Emmy2012
Swayed Pink
September 4th
Expecting :DS:

littlebean
Swayed Pink
September 4th

Zivic-Bubac
Swayed Blue
September 7th
Expecting :DD:

Jamie86
Swayed Pink
September 10th

Mochagirl
Swayed Pink
September 15th

auroara78
Swayed Pink
September 16th

Sallygal
Swayed Pink
September 17th

Bumblebee
Swayed Blue
September 20th

JP2010
September 22nd

TTC5
Swayed Blue
September 29th

Mochagirl
September 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Woohoo! Just saw on FB that TTC5's water broke! That little bub was just waiting for September to arrive so he could be born!

HappyLea
September 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
yeah i just seen that also...good luck TTC5, cant wait to see pics of your lil man xxx

Hobbermittens
September 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Yay TTC5! Can't wait to hear an update!

fivebabies
September 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Mocha~ How many weeks were you when you had the 3D u/s in your avatar?

Mochagirl
September 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Mocha~ How many weeks were you when you had the 3D u/s in your avatar?

I think I was 28 weeks.

HappyLea
September 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
Just seen on facebook TTC5 has given birth to her little boy...congratulations on your :DS: well done xxx

Butterfly Spirit
September 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Just seen on facebook TTC5 has given birth to her little boy...congratulations on your :DS: well done xxx
I saw that too! He is so SWEET! I bet she's just in Heaven with him!!!!!

Butterfly Spirit
September 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
TTC5,

:HH: ya lady!!!!!!!

Hobbermittens
September 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Congrats TTC5! :)

fivebabies
September 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Isn't he a cutie?? :) Congrats TTC5!!!

pinkin2011
September 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
HUGE Congrats TTC5!!!!!

How many weeks did she make it to?

Mochagirl
September 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM
I think she's almost exactly 36 weeks.

laughinglynxie
September 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Awwww!!! YAY! How fun. :) Congrats on a sweet little boy!

ELP
September 2nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
Congratulations 5, so happy for you xxxx

HappyLea
September 2nd, 2012, 04:26 AM
yeah i think she made it to 36 weeks, he is such a cutie. I think it was father's day also for them, such a lovely father's day present. She and all the family must be over the moon. xxx

Mochagirl
September 2nd, 2012, 06:58 AM
He's a big boy as expected too! 7lbs 9oz at 36 weeks! And sooooo gorgeous!

PeonyPrincess
September 2nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
I had a feeling I needed to check in. A huge congratulations TTC5!!! What a perfect size and a perfect day for him to arrive. Happy Father's Day!

Butterfly Spirit
September 2nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
I had a feeling I needed to check in. A huge congratulations TTC5!!! What a perfect size and a perfect day for him to arrive. Happy Father's Day!

It's definitely such a SPECIAL friggin day... on you Aussie's Father's Day, I just LOVE it!!!! What an amazing Father's Day gift for her hubby- A SON! :D

dloui128
September 2nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Congrats TTC5 can't wait to see pictures of your little man

auroara78
September 2nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
aye wish we were facebook friends, wouold love to see her little man!

PeonyPrincess
September 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Ditto Auroara! And OMG, only 10 days to go for you. Eek!!! I'm so excited for you.

Mochagirl
September 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Just in case anyone missed it earlier today, Auroara posted that she thought she might be in labour and was headed to the hospital to get checked out. Since that was something like 12 hours ago and there've been no updates since, I think maybe, just maybe she is holding Lillian in her arms right now!!! I can't wait to hear an update and see the pictures!

It also made me realise that I could be next! This has been a busy baby week considering we're only 3 days into the first actual due date month of our little group!

Butterfly Spirit
September 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Just in case anyone missed it earlier today, Auroara posted that she thought she might be in labour and was headed to the hospital to get checked out. Since that was something like 12 hours ago and there've been no updates since, I think maybe, just maybe she is holding Lillian in her arms right now!!! I can't wait to hear an update and see the pictures!

It also made me realise that I could be next! This has been a busy baby week considering we're only 3 days into the first actual due date month of our little group!

I'm DYING to have an update too Mocha! She was the first thing on my mind when I got out of bed! HAHAHA :D

And I do think you are NEXT!

Mochagirl
September 3rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
It looks like she had little Lillian!!!! Someone else posted a picture on her FB wall. Congrats, Auroara!!!!!

PeonyPrincess
September 3rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hooray!! That is awesome news. September is certainly off to a busy start! So yesterday when I posted she had 10 days to go, she actually had 0 days to go. I've got butterflies in my tummy just thinking of Auroara holding her little girl. You all set Mocha? Because these bubs aren't waiting around! Your mum is there now right?

Mochagirl
September 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
I know - it's freaking me out that two people who had due dates AFTER me already have their babies!!! My mom left today, unfortunately, but dh is back at least.

PeonyPrincess
September 3rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Well it's good that your DH is back now. My parents are flying up 1 week before my due date and my dad is talking about painting the apartment. Talk about adding a bit of chaos at the last minute! He just needs something to keep him busy I think.

Mochagirl
September 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
My mom will be back on the 14th - one day before my due date - unless I have the baby earlier. I have one friend on call to come when I go into labour, so hopefully she won't be busy or working when it happens!

Hobbermittens
September 4th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Mocha, you are next! Are you excited? Maybe you will go early too. I wish I would!

Mochagirl
September 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, this has made it all feel more real. I can't believe I'm next! I don't feel like I'm going to go early, but you never know....

Hobbermittens
September 4th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I still have 4 more weeks, if I go on time. I usually go a little early (everyone else was a week or so early) and there is a chance I will be induced this time, since we live an hour from the hospital. So realistically, I probably only have 3 weeks or so at the most. I have so much to do! We still haven't picked a name!

fivebabies
September 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM
How exciting! Congrats to Auroara!!!!

pinkin2011
September 4th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hobb, how is your itch?
Mine is just terrible.. I have been awake since 1.30 am I am seriously going insane. I am taking a drug now called Ursofalk I cant wait for it to kick in! I hope it does actually work for me.

laughinglynxie
September 4th, 2012, 11:38 PM
September babies galore!! How exciting. :D

I certainly wouldn't mind being a bit early, either...but not TOO much, I gotta make sure we get our maternity photos done. Haha.

PeonyPrincess
September 5th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Oh Pinkin, I really hope those tablets start working very soon. Did you end up getting help to pay for them?

My OB is so friggin relaxed about my pregnancy (I assume she is this way with everyone) that she didn't even worry about checking my iron in my last blood test. I have a history of low iron and had already been taking some extra supplements but was feeling a bit tired and short of breath. When I mentioned it to my OB she said it was probably just because the baby is getting bigger and pushing up on my diaphragm. But I am still feeling fine and comfortable, bub is sitting pretty low. So I went back to a GP I love (she just lets me do anything) and asked to have it checked. And what do you know, my ferretin is 15 (it was 77 early in the pregnancy). So now my naturopath has me on a strict regime to try and get it up. I can't believe I have managed to avoid getting sick, (except for my recent cough). Looking forward to a burst of energy when the levels are good again.

Hobber, we are in the same boat with names. I think it will be a case of waiting until this one arrives before we'll make a decision. I/we find it the hardest thing.

So Mocha next, then Hobber and Lynxie and HappyLea. And Pinkin because Oliver will likely be a bit early. I'll be well behind you all.

Hobbermittens
September 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Peony, I love Drs that let you do what you want. I don't see why they aren't all like that! I mean, they work for US, right? We are paying them! Glad you got your iron stuff figured out. Hope the supps make you feel better!

Pinkin, I am still about the same. I am going to the Dr today to demand the Bile Acid test. I hope he does it this time! I am already 36 weeks, so if they need to pull the baby they will be doing it soon. ANd if they ignore me, I am worried about something bad happening :worry: :nails: so Imay just do what I can to delivery early on my own--force DH to have sex with me (he'll love that :sigh:) use some EPO, walk a lot, etc.

I am sorry you are suffering so much! Hopefully the meds will kick in soon and give you some relief!

PeonyPrincess
September 6th, 2012, 05:55 AM
GL with your test Hobber.

Mochagirl
September 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Hey ladies - I just thought I'd let you all know Zivic-Bubac had her little girl on September 1st. I've updated our due date thread with the births so far.

laughinglynxie
September 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Oh my, I just had the most uncomfortable night in a looong time. I'm wondering if baby is dropping or something something else weird because my sacral region is just SORE (my DH even gave it a really nice rub last night, ahhhh). I had to take some Tylenol to calm it down a little. I also have been having what I thought were braxton hicks contractions, but they are still hanging around this morning and I never have them in the morning. I might have to call the nurse triage or something if things don't get better. I'm super paranoid right now. And I don't want to tell my husband because he is such a worrier and is already worried by my constant feelings of how I think this one will come earlier than my DS1 did.

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Lynxie, I hope your baby stays put for a while! I get BH a lot--more if I have to pee. I bet yours are normal, but call the Dr if you feel weird, though.

Congrats to ZB! I hope she is doing okay. I know she was having a lot of GD.

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM
My dr. did do the test I needed, apparently. He showed me the results yesterday, and everything was fine. Which is a relief, but doesn't explain why I am still itchy!!

Pinkin, has your medicine kicked in yet? How is your itch?

Mochagirl
September 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Hobber - I'm glad your test came back clear! I hope you can find something to relieve the itching.

LaughingLynxie - sorry you're so uncomfortable. I hope things ease up soon so you don't need to keep worrying, but I'd give a nurse a call if things stay the same just in case.

I had a midwife appointment this morning, and she offered to do a cervix check, so I let her. Apparently I have no idea what I'm doing since when I checked my own cervix I thought it was dilated, because according to my midwife it's still posterior-facing, closed up tight and very long. She doesn't think I'll go early, but she said they can do a stretch and sweep at my 39 week appointment if I'd like to try to move things along.

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Bummer Mocha! I thought you might be going soon. Well, you never know--things can change quickly! My Dr. said he will check me next week at my 37 week appt. I am hoping I don't go too early--there is way too much to do! Plus, I am worried about GD setting in.... ugh. :(

Mochagirl
September 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I don't mind if she waits until her due date to arrive since it would make things way easier logistically - my Mom will be staying with us by then. However, I DON'T want to go late. Since I'm a VBAC, the midwives only let me go so late before they have to transfer my care to an OB, who may decide for a repeat c-section instead of inducing me.

And I still think you're having a boy, Hobber ;).

auroara78
September 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I'm finally back home, very sore from c-seciton, tired and got a massive headache that won't go away...any tips for soothing the headache? the baby is doing great, very cute and sweet, i'll post more pics when my skull stops feeling like it's being drilled into.

Mochagirl
September 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I'm glad you're home, auroara, but sorry about the headache. I think zanacal had bad headaches after her little girl was born. Maybe send her a pm and see what helped?

Does it feel strange to have a daughter??

auroara78
September 6th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I cannot quite comprehend the whole "daughter" thing yet...I've changed her diapers a few times now, and I know she is a girl, it just still hasn't quite hit me yet...she is just a baby at the moment, does that mean sense? I think if I had been less drugged up, I may have enjoyed everything more, and I'm sure I will in the next few weeks...it was just rough, having a 3rd c-seciton.

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Congrats again Auroara, and glad you are home! I wonder if you have a headache from your epidural? I have a friend who had that, and they did something called a blood patch, I think? Can you call your Dr?

How do the boys like their sister?

Mochagirl
September 6th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry your c-section was so rough, auroara :HH:. I hope you'll be healed and feeling better soon and can fully enjoy your new, larger family. I can't wait to see more pictures when you're feeling a little better.

laughinglynxie
September 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Congrats again, auroara! I hope your head feels better soon. I used to get migraines all of the time from work (I think the fluorescent lights triggered them) and it's no fun. I can't imagine adding that to healing from a c-section. Brutal. I always just went with ibuprofen (800mg per dose) and alternating a heating pad and a cold pack on my head/neck.

Thanks, ladies. :) I'm pretty sure this is normal stuff, too, but it's just different than last time. Imagine that! Ha! DS1 is being very nice and calm for me today so I can relax, phew. Things are toning down a bit, it seems. I really, really, really need baby to stay put until "proper" timing so I can do all of my upcoming activities without worrying! My birthday, wedding, Renaissance Festival, birthing center tour, maternity photos, my anniversary. Lots of things this month. :)

laughinglynxie
September 6th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Oh, and this is from Monday at exactly 34 weeks:

Mochagirl
September 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Gorgeous bump, ll!

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Lynxie, you look super cute! WHen is your birthday? Maybe the baby will be born then for a birthday gift!

laughinglynxie
September 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Lynxie, you look super cute! WHen is your birthday? Maybe the baby will be born then for a birthday gift!

Thanks!! My b-day is actually tomorrow (last year in my 20's, woo hoo), so I hope baby stays in. ;)

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Happy birthday, you spring chicken! I am 10 years older than you! :)

pinkin2011
September 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Happy Bday for tomorrow Laughinglynxie!! xo

Hobb, I slept for 5 hrs last night which is really good! But this morning I am quite itchy again. My ob upped my dose of the meds and if these dont work I will have to take steroids which I dont want to do but being itchy for this long is just a nightmare. Its somethings I cant describe and my feet and hands get so so hot and I feel sick all the time and so tired!

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm so sorry pinkin~ you sound miserable! :( I really hope your meds kick in soon. I still don't understand how I don't have ICP! My hands are so itchy. ANd my feet too. I wonder what else could cause those symptoms?

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I am so crampy right now! I feel like I am getting my period. Let's hope nothing is starting now--I am not ready!!

pinkin2011
September 6th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hobb I would get your dr to test you again.
I spoke to my ob last night and she said she will let me go to 37 weeks because It makes me very nervous thinking about having him at 36 weeks even tho he is a big baby I worry about his lungs and anything else that can go wrong.

auroara78
September 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM
well so far she's been a dream baby...sleeps a lot, hardly ever cries, DS2 is soooo unhappy that I cant pick him up, he keeps throwing tantrums :( DS1 keeps kissing her forehead and says he loves his baby sister, it's so cute...I just wish DS2 was eaiser, but he's never been easy, lol.

Still got the headache but thank god it's not as sharp as it once was...it's a just a dull thud, I sitll feel like crap, I don't know why my other two c-sections went so much better...i just still feel totaly drained and out of it, so out of it that I don't even care really about the fact that I finally got my girl, it's just one more thing to worry aobut that I currently have no energy for...hubby has been helping out some, so that's good, I just know once my body stops feeling like crap, I will feel 150% better emotionally.

auroara78
September 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
lynxie cute bump pic! happy bday!

Mochagirl
September 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Happy Birthday, laughinglynxie!

Pinkin - I'm glad your doctor is going to let you go to 37 weeks!

Auroara - I've only had one c-section, so I can only imagine the toll a third must have on your body. Give yourself time to heal and let those hormones settle down a bit. There's no need to be jubilant when you're uncomfortable and in pain. Lillian will be part of your family forever, and there will be lots of time to celebrate finally getting your daughter. I hope you feel better really soon!

Mochagirl
September 7th, 2012, 11:19 AM
So I'm spending the day cleaning the house - just what I feel like doing at 39 weeks! I made plans to go out with the girls tonight, and when I told dh a couple of days ago he said he had plans to go out too. I stood my ground and said that pretty soon I'll have a tiny baby and won't be able to get out for a long time, so I wanted to keep my plans and he could change his. Well...he just told me this morning he's invited the guys over HERE instead. My house is a wreck, and he's at work all day so if I don't do it it won't get done!! So now I'm sweeping, vacuuming and scrubbing before tonight. Oh well, I suppose the worst that can happen at this point is that all the exertion will kick-start labour, which wouldn't be a horrible thing....

auroara78
September 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
lol thats what kick started my labor...going crazy cleaning all day sat and had contractions sun going into mon....and mocha thanks so much for your kind words :heart: I guess I felt like once I had her fireworks would go off, and while I love and adore her, I'm just in too much physical pain to really muster up the level of excitement I thought I'd have...I am going to just take it day by day, and try to mend my body as best as I can. Thank you again.

Hobbermittens
September 7th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Pinkin, they did test me again last week (I thought they ordered the wrong test, but they hadn't--Dr. showed me the results on Wednesday) and everything is normal. I am still itchy, though! Glad your Dr is letting you go to 37 weeks. When would that put your due date?

Hobbermittens
September 7th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Auroara, I am sorry you feel lousy still. :( I have never had a C-section, but I imagine it takes a lot out of you. It is surgery, after all! DS2 will get used to having another baby around, and will understand you can't always hold him. The first few days home with a baby are the hardest. You will get a routine down once you feel better, and things will be better!

Hobbermittens
September 7th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Happy birthday Lynxie!

zanacal
September 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I just popped in to say good luck to all you ladies! Here's to lots of lovely, squishy newborns over the next couple of months!

Auroara - I had headaches after I had Eliza and so did Doulamama. I think they started about a week after I had her and went on for about a month. I was really worried and conviced I was having a stroke or DVT or something (sounds silly now but I was really worried at the time!). I also felt dizzy for even longer. It only occured to me today that I'm getting less dizzy now and it's been 3 months. Maybe the hormones are different with a girl or something? I also found that it took a long time for me to feel well after my 3rd and 4th babies. For a good couple of weeks I felt like I'd been kicked in the guts by a horse or run over by a truck or something - and if you had a c-section then you've also just been through major surgery! I would get checked out but if the doctor says it's nothing to worry about then I hope my experience reassures you.

Mocha - my midwife friend told me to get a sweep every 48 hours for them to be effective. We don't usually have them until we're a week or so overdue here though. FX you don't even need one!

PeonyPrincess
September 8th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Happy Birthday Lynxie!! What a cute lil bump you have.

Auroara, a huge congrats again! DS2 is so young still, it will be a big adjustment for him to have a baby around.My DS1 was 22 months when DS2 arrived and it was hard work! No doubt the surgery will take a lot of your energy away for a while, plus the fact you now have 3 children! It may be worth getting a blood test done (if they didn't do it in hospital) to check your iron level. My naturopath told me to get mine checked after delivery to see where it's at as if it is low, I will have no energy.

Hobber, how typical of a DH to organise his mates to come around when it is the last thing you need. They really don't think past catching up with their friends and having a few drinks I am sure. My DH is going away for 6 days this week (for work so that's ok), but he has started asking if he can go on a 3 day boating/fishing trip when I will be 35 weeks. I said it should be ok as I don't imagine the baby will arrive that early, but he also needs to make sure he would be ok if I did have the baby while he is away. You just never know I guess.

Hobber, good news that your bloodscame back looking good. Not too much longer to have to put up with the itching now.

Pinkin, you must just about be counting the days until you can have your baby and get some relief. I have just started feeling a little uncomfortable in bed sometimes, trying to get in a good position, but then I remind myself that I have nothing to complain about. I am not surprised you can't think of anything else, it must be driving you up the wall.

PeonyPrincess
September 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks Zanacal. Good to hear your headaches have eased and you're doing well.

Butterfly Spirit
September 8th, 2012, 06:40 AM
So I'm spending the day cleaning the house - just what I feel like doing at 39 weeks! I made plans to go out with the girls tonight, and when I told dh a couple of days ago he said he had plans to go out too. I stood my ground and said that pretty soon I'll have a tiny baby and won't be able to get out for a long time, so I wanted to keep my plans and he could change his. Well...he just told me this morning he's invited the guys over HERE instead. My house is a wreck, and he's at work all day so if I don't do it it won't get done!! So now I'm sweeping, vacuuming and scrubbing before tonight. Oh well, I suppose the worst that can happen at this point is that all the exertion will kick-start labour, which wouldn't be a horrible thing....

:HH: Oh hun, That really sucks that DH dumped that on you. HE'S the one that should be cleaning the house top to bottom for his buddies! Ugh! But hopefully all that work will send you into labor!
You are NEXT Mocha, isn't it exciting!!!!!? EEEEEK I am excited!!!!! :running:

Butterfly Spirit
September 8th, 2012, 06:43 AM
And ~Happy Birthday Lynxie~ You do have a beautiful baby bump!!! And it's almost time for you too! YAY :)

Butterfly Spirit
September 8th, 2012, 06:45 AM
lol thats what kick started my labor...going crazy cleaning all day sat and had contractions sun going into mon....and mocha thanks so much for your kind words :heart: I guess I felt like once I had her fireworks would go off, and while I love and adore her, I'm just in too much physical pain to really muster up the level of excitement I thought I'd have...I am going to just take it day by day, and try to mend my body as best as I can. Thank you again.

:HH: Awww Auroara,
4473 again!

It's so good to see you at home! I hope that you get lots and lots of rest and just enjoy your little sweet beautiful daughter! You will feel back to yourself soon so that you can! :cheer:

mydream
September 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Just wanted to stop by here and say Hi!!
Well we found out the sex of the baby and.... IT'S A GIRL!!!!
I am over the moon right now!! And still in shock!!! My sway worked. Thank you everyone. I never ever thought I would hear the dr. say those 3 words of "it's a girl!!!"

Butterfly Spirit
September 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Just wanted to stop by here and say Hi!!
Well we found out the sex of the baby and.... IT'S A GIRL!!!!
I am over the moon right now!! And still in shock!!! My sway worked. Thank you everyone. I never ever thought I would hear the dr. say those 3 words of "it's a girl!!!"

Again, HUGE Congrats To You MyDream!!!
Somehow I just knew it... around the time you were in and out of the hospital and or doc's office and baby was giving you a scare like mine did.. I just thought.. It must be a GIRL! Girls are DRAMA! LOL Anyways you must just be over the moon my dear! :cheer:
I remember laying there at my first scan and she said "It's A Girl" I just froze...and tears welled up in my eyes...it was just truly hard to believe!
Can we get a picture now? ;)

pinkin2011
September 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Huge congrats to you mydream, I hope to one day be in your shoes !!! If I am game enough to even try again after this wacky horrible pregnancy that is!!!

pinkin2011
September 8th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Hobb I think I will be induced either days of the 11th, 12th or 13th of oct all depending on my test results that is.

Butterfly Spirit
September 8th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Huge congrats to you mydream, I hope to one day be in your shoes !!! If I am game enough to even try again after this wacky horrible pregnancy that is!!!

You will Pinkin! ;)

Mochagirl
September 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
What great news, mydream!!!! Congratulations!!!

Mochagirl
September 8th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Well, ladies....here you go. My 39 week bump!

Hobbermittens
September 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mocha! You still look so tiny! I'll post mine tomorrow. I am HUGE!!

Hobbermittens
September 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Hobb I think I will be induced either days of the 11th, 12th or 13th of oct all depending on my test results that is.

I hope you get to have your baby on the 11th! How cool would that be--10/11/12? I was hoping for that, but there is no way I will go that late (I am due the 4th).

Mochagirl
September 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Mocha! You still look so tiny! I'll post mine tomorrow. I am HUGE!!

I don't feel tiny! I'm carrying so low now that literally everyone I see in public asks me when I'm due, and most assume I'm overdue. Of course, this belly is nothing compared to my belly when I was carrying twins!

Hobbermittens
September 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
If you want to feel good about yourself, look at pictures of Octomom. I did that last night and realized I am not as big as I could be!

auroara78
September 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
LOL Hobbers!

Mocha, what a beautiful round belly!!

Z, thanks for coming on here and sharing your story with the headaches. I def. didn't experience this with my boys, maybe it's a girl thing? I'm not sure. I still have the dull edges of the headache but thankfully so far today it's been durable and I've been able to enjoy the baby and the boys more. I've taken more pics today, and things are going a little better, baby Lillian was losing wieght for the last 4 days and today she started to regain so she's on a better path.

DS1 loves cuddling with the baby and giving her lots of kisses, DS2 is still mad that I can't pick him up, but I'm giving him lots of kisses and talking / playing with him, and that's helping some. The baby is so chill, she sleeps so much that I gotta wake her up to eat, and the boys were just not like that...they were constantly ravenous, lol.

I feel my mood is picking up a little better. I guess strangely enough I always thought the baby blues I got after I had a baby was related to gender--but now I realize it's just hormones.

can't wait to read and see about sadie being born...i am getting around to posting better pics of Lillian soon.

Mochagirl
September 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I'm having lots of cramping and a backache from all my cleaning exertions yesterday, but I don't think it's going to go anywhere. Tonight wouldn't be a good night to go into labour anyway because my friend who's 'on-call' for me is a nurse and has a shift tonight. I'd have to call another friend (who's less than enthusiastic about being called in the middle of the night) who my boys haven't even seen in 2 years. I'm a little worried about them waking to a virtual stranger - they aren't used to having anyone but family take care of them.

Butterfly Spirit
September 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I'm having lots of cramping and a backache from all my cleaning exertions yesterday, but I don't think it's going to go anywhere. Tonight wouldn't be a good night to go into labour anyway because my friend who's 'on-call' for me is a nurse and has a shift tonight. I'd have to call another friend (who's less than enthusiastic about being called in the middle of the night) who my boys haven't even seen in 2 years. I'm a little worried about them waking to a virtual stranger - they aren't used to having anyone but family take care of them.

Well, I'd say the cramping is a good labor sign... But I hope that she comes when it's more convenient for you mamma!
Eeek I'm getting SO excited!!!! :running:

Mochagirl
September 8th, 2012, 06:05 PM
It's really hit me the past week that I'm going to have a BABY in a week or so. I think seeing TTC5 and Butterfly have their babies made it more real somehow. I love newborns - I'm so excited to hold her, but it's going to be bittersweet knowing this is the last time I'll ever have one.

Now I have to decide on an outfit for her to wear home from the hospital. I have a cute ladybug sleeper that I might choose.

Butterfly Spirit
September 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
It's really hit me the past week that I'm going to have a BABY in a week or so. I think seeing TTC5 and Butterfly have their babies made it more real somehow. I love newborns - I'm so excited to hold her, but it's going to be bittersweet knowing this is the last time I'll ever have one.

Now I have to decide on an outfit for her to wear home from the hospital. I have a cute ladybug sleeper that I might choose.

My...keyboard...broke...but...i...will...post..con rats..wen...you...ave...tat....sweet...babe!

Hobbermittens
September 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I had a weird dream last night that I had my baby, but didn't get to see it. I was at home when the nurse came over, and I was thinking I would finally know the gender. She walked up to the door carrying a 4 month old baby girl, fully dressed in an outfit with tights, etc. The baby had a weird crazy long tooth hanging out the front of her mouth. Then someone else came up with a baby boy, the same age, also fully dressed in an outfit, and told me I had had twins. I was happy about that. And then another person walked up with a toddler boy and said he was mine too, and that he must have been in my tummy a LONG time, because he was so big. Like I had been pregnant already before getting pregnant with twins.

auroara78
September 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
that's an odd dream, Hobbers!

well my headache is about done now, thank god, but I just realized that I've had bowel issues ever since the hosptial, and I don't know why? my other two delieveries I had locked bowels, not loose bowels...guess I'll need to start eating some yogurt.

DH finally helped out last nite, he was battling an ear and throat infection and the dr told him to avoid holding the baby until he had two days of antibiotics in him. Finally, yesterday he volunteered to take a night feeding (i'm bottle feeding) and that helped some and even got the boys this morning when they woke up. I got the early morning feed and after that she and I went back to bed, but the boys got up, and I was really grateful that he got them, but I am still soooo tired, even after a considerable amount of sleep (for having a newborn)

well, at least the headache is better, and she is such an awesomely easy little baby....she amazes me.

Mochagirl
September 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hobber - what a bizarre dream!

Auroara - I'm so glad the headache is disappearing, and that Lillian is an easy baby!

I think I've dropped even more today. My shirts are no longer capable of covering the bottom of my belly, and I have LOTS of pressure down below. I'm also getting lots of cramps on the bottom side of my belly and the occasional cramp in my back. I think things are starting to move along a little.

Hobbermittens
September 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Auroara, I am glad things are getting a tad easier. Sorry about the poop issues, though. That sounds lousy. Hopefully a bit of yogurt will help.

Mocha, sounds like things are progressing! :agree:

zanacal
September 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Mocha I'm unbelievably excited for you! FX for a wonderful birth. I can't wait to see the little lady!

Hey I was just wondering, is purplepoet still around? Sure I haven't seen her name pop up in ages.

Mochagirl
September 9th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Z - yeah, good question. Where is purplepoet? I know some ladies decided to take a break from the site - was she one of them?

So...I'm really starting to wonder if Sadie might be gearing up to arrive tonight/tomorrow. All day I've had strong cramps down really low, very frequent bowel movements (sorry for the TMI), peeing every 5 minutes, and every once in a while a strong pain that takes my breath away. The pains are either in my lower back or (and again, sorry for the TMI) in my bum - very similar to the pains I had while in labour with ds3. Do you think this is just her burrowing lower into my pelvis, or is it something beginning to happen? I'm getting contractions, but with no regularity at all, and many of the sharp pains come when I first sit up and start moving around. I've only experienced labour once (since I was induced and given an epidural right away with my twins), so I still feel like a novice at this. With DS3 I think I did have loose bowels earlier that day, but the contractions came on suddenly and strong at 1am with no warning beforehand (and giving me no doubt I was in labour), and he was born at 10:30am.

And for the record, I think TTC5 guessed September 10th as my birth date. Let's see if she's right :bigsmile:.

Butterfly Spirit
September 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Z - yeah, good question. Where is purplepoet? I know some ladies decided to take a break from the site - was she one of them?

So...I'm really starting to wonder if Sadie might be gearing up to arrive tonight/tomorrow. All day I've had strong cramps down really low, very frequent bowel movements (sorry for the TMI), peeing every 5 minutes, and every once in a while a strong pain that takes my breath away. The pains are either in my lower back or (and again, sorry for the TMI) in my bum - very similar to the pains I had while in labour with ds3. Do you think this is just her burrowing lower into my pelvis, or is it something beginning to happen? I'm getting contractions, but with no regularity at all, and many of the sharp pains come when I first sit up and start moving around. I've only experienced labour once (since I was induced and given an epidural right away with my twins), so I still feel like a novice at this. With DS3 I think I did have loose bowels earlier that day, but the contractions came on suddenly and strong at 1am with no warning beforehand (and giving me no doubt I was in labour), and he was born at 10:30am.

And for the record, I think TTC5 guessed September 10th as my birth date. Let's see if she's right :bigsmile:.

I have been thinking of you all day long....so I think..THIS IS IT!!!!!! EEEEEEK! :running:

dloui128
September 9th, 2012, 08:35 PM

I had loose bowels the night before I went into labor with DD1, I had lots of cramps to and some contractions but nothing regular, my water ended up breaking so I didn't really have to time the contractions

PeonyPrincess
September 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Mocha, that is sounding very promising!! All the best for things to go smoothly if this is indeed it. I have been induced with both of mine, so not much help on any labour symptoms. I do remember that as soon as I started getting the contractions I had to go to the loo a fair bit. Nature's way of cleaning you out I think, which can't be a bad thing!

Hobber, I have crazy dreams too. Always have really, but they are worse when I am pg. DH frequently gets taken by a crocodile and sometimes the crocodile drowns him and sometimes I can save him. And last week I dreamt that I had a baby boy and was completely fine with it until I realised it was a conspiracy and I had actually given birth to a girl, but they hadn't let me keep her!

Huge congrats mydream!

HappyLea, where are you? Haven't heard how you are going for what feels like ages.

Hobbermittens
September 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Mocha, I hope this is it! I bet all of us will be going early-- seems to be the trend so far!

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 04:16 AM
GL Mocha!!

Well all my baby boy is here :D

ELP
September 10th, 2012, 04:19 AM
5!!!!

I've seen him and he is gooooorgeous:HH: How did the birth go???!!!

pinkin2011
September 10th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Huge congrats TTC5!! He is such a little cutie!! Did all go well??

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Birth went well, super fast - 1 hr. But soon as he was out I hemoragged badly :(
All good now though x

pinkin2011
September 10th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Sorry to hear that but glad you are fine now!!!
Was everything ok with your little boy being born at 36 weeks?
Looks like mine will be between 36 and 37 weeks and I? am so worried about him

ELP
September 10th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Oh no on the hemorage! Scary stuff!

I love his hair :bigsmile: I bet youve got your nose just snuggled under his neck permanently havent you lol, I def would if he was here:rofl:

ELP
September 10th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Great weight for 36:agree:
Pinkin, hows your babe measuring up??

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Sorry to hear that but glad you are fine now!!!
Was everything ok with your little boy being born at 36 weeks?
Looks like mine will be between 36 and 37 weeks and I? am so worried about him

He was fine :) First two days a little cold trying to regulate his own body temp but we just upped his colostrum :)
He does have jaundice too.

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Oh no on the hemorage! Scary stuff!

I love his hair :bigsmile: I bet youve got your nose just snuggled under his neck permanently havent you lol, I def would if he was here:rofl:

I dooooooo!!

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Great weight for 36:agree:
Pinkin, hows your babe measuring up??

Very good!! And his placenta was hugggeeee!!

pinkin2011
September 10th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Big I think . He was 1.8kgs at 31 weeks and 2 days!! I think I will be getting another scan done at about 34 weeks. I have a pretty small tummy but i can feel every part of him

pinkin2011
September 10th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Yeah I expect mine to have jaundice too, My ds1 had it and was born at 38 weeks

ELP
September 10th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Very good!! And his placenta was hugggeeee!!

Davys placenta was smaaall!! And it looked off color to me? Tbh I am glad he came when he did :$

ELP
September 10th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Big I think . He was 1.8kgs at 31 weeks and 2 days!! I think I will be getting another scan done at about 34 weeks. I have a pretty small tummy but i can feel every part of him

Thats good about his weight then :agree: So if he does sneak out a little early he will have a nice bit of size to help him get straight home :)

pinkin2011
September 10th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Elp how many weeks were you when you had your baby boy?

Yeah I am glad he is bigger and considering I cant eat much and have lost weight he is doing so well

zanacal
September 10th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Eek Mocha - I hope so! I did niggle for a good 2 or 3 weeks before Eliza finally arrived though - days and nights with contractions which went on and on, diarrhoea etc. BUT I would go 2 weeks over again for a labour as easy (relatively!) as hers! FX that she's either coming very soon or that your body's warming up to labour so there's less work to do when the time comes. I'm thiking of you!

Cogratulations again TTC5, he's so sweet!

Mochagirl
September 10th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Well, it's morning now and no baby. I really thought things were starting to happen around bedtime when I had contractions every 5 minutes for quite a while - even after taking a shower. They weren't very intense ones, though, and when I got up to pee they stopped and only happened irregularly through the night.

They were strange contractions - they always started with a really painful baby movement then the tightening happened after. In fact all of her movements lately are excruciating, and when I stand up - especially after lying in bed - I feel like I'm right in the middle of labour for about 20 seconds (intense pain, pressure, etc.) then it starts to calm down and I can walk.

Anyway, my Mom's debating coming today instead of waiting until Friday. She and I were texting all night and she was debating taking the 7am train to get here for noon. I talked her out of that because she has lots of obligations this week she'll miss if she's here, and I'll feel very guilty if Sadie decides to wait and come late or something after all this. We're going to wait until noon, see how I'm feeling, and she can still catch a 1pm train if I feel like things are progressing.

Unfortunately, this is a TERRIBLE week to have a baby for dh. He is a university prof and this is his first week of classes for the term. I'm worried he'll forget to have his cell on while teaching (and his lectures are 3 hours long and he's not used to having a cell - I activated an old one of mine and am pretty much forcing him to keep it with him at all times), I'll go into labour while home alone with ds3, and I'll be stuck here and unable to get to the hospital or pick up my other kids at school when the time comes. So, yeah - it might be nice if my Mom were here.

mummypink
September 10th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Wow Mocha, sounds so exciting you're going to meet your little princess soon! I would def get your mum over on the next train! My fear with mine is that labour is going to happen fast as it did with my first two with not a huge amount of warning. With all the pains you're getting now you may well be dilated already, I'm sure your mum would rather be there to help out then stuck waiting for a train when you really need her.

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly and that your dh keeps his cell phone on! :)

Mochagirl
September 10th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks, mummypink! It definitely would put my mind at ease if my Mom were here. I've only had one natural labour, and it was pretty fast for a first one - I had my first contraction at 1am and was immediately right in the throes of labour (contractions every 5 minutes), went to the hospital at 5 and ds3 was born at 10:30. It didn't feel like a short labour at the time, but my mws keep referring to it as a quick one and say it will likely be a lot quicker this time around. If the contractions came on slowly and not too intense at least I could pick up my older boys at school and cope on my own for a few hours, but if they come on intense it's going to be a little scary to be at home alone - especially if I can't contact dh.

Hobbermittens
September 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Mocha, I hope your mom gets there soon so you can relax. :) Hopefully Sadie will stay put until then!

Happylea, yes, where are you these days?

Peony, I wonder why you dream of alligators so much? Are there a lot of them in your area? I can't say that I have ever had a dram with an alligator in it!

Pinkin, how is the itching?

TTC5, congrats again on your baby BOY!! How is he doing with the jaundice? All my kids have had that. I expect that this new one will as well. Did your little guy go under the lights? Sorry you hemorrhaged after the birth. That happened to me once, too. Kind of scary! How are you feeling now?

auroara78
September 10th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mocha, I still think it's right around the corner...I had similiar contractions with Lillian before going to the hospital....I hope you doing well right now.

TTC5, congrats on baby boy!! Have you posted pics of him on here yet?

I was up with the baby 3 times last nite but my DH let me sleep in wayyyy late so now I feel like my whole day is already gone, lol. I got so much crap to do...my mom is visiting tomorrow and while we just had a newborn she gets pissy about a messy house so my DH and I will have to work together to pick up the living room (it's a mess from DS2) and vaccumm, and I'm sure she'll still complain about something, lol.

Hobbermittens
September 10th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Auroara, are you feeling better after getting all that rest? I hope so.

Your mom should pitch in and help you, rather than be picky about your house! You have a brand new baby! Sheesh!

Hobbermittens
September 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I wish I could nest! I am SO LAZY right now. It hurts to stand for too long, it hurts to sit for too long, I can't bend over, I am exhausted, it is too hot here, and I am overwhelmed by the amount of housework to be done, not to mention getting ready for baby stuff. I just wish some magic cleaning fairy would wave a wand and clean this place up! Help!

pinkin2011
September 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hob, I am still so itchy. Went to bed last night at 10.30 just could not sleep so got up and watched tv until 3 am and then got a bit of sleep. Woken up itchy again its driving me nuts!

PeonyPrincess
September 10th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Oh Hobber, you need a good friend to come and take over by the sounds of it. I am always hopeless at asking for help and it doesn't get offered unless you do unfortunately. And yes, we have a lot of crocodiles where I live (we don't swim in the ocean in this part of Australia as there are plenty in there as well as in the rivers and water holes. Look up saltwater (estuarine) crocodiles on the computer...they are much nastier than alligators. (Or maybe don't in case you have a dream about them!)

Auroara, bugger that. Instead of running around before she comes, write a list of things she can do to help while she is there! What a pain in the 'you know what'! I think I get quite intolerant late in pregnancy!!

laughinglynxie
September 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I can't believe someone would give a very preggie lady a hard time about the condition of her home. Like others have said, that person should be helping instead! I've been pretty on top of everything other than being able to get my own laundry put away... I'm glad I got a ridiculously early head-start on newborn stuff, otherwise I'd still be setting everything up and freaking out.

I'm packing my hospital bag today (before I keep forgetting to do it)...also working on my "labor comforts" bag that goes with that stuff, too. I can't believe I don't have any comfy non-slip socks!! The ones the hospital gives you are so tight and itchy. I'm currently downloading Nature Sounds albums like waves and rain because I can't tolerate music or lyrics while I'm in labor. I get SO CRABBY. Last time my husband was great and didn't say anything unless I talked to him first. Hahaha!

Butterfly Spirit
September 10th, 2012, 08:46 PM
TTC5, congrats on baby boy!! Have you posted pics of him on here yet?

Pics are here!!! :)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/announcements/13302-introducing-ttc5s-sweet-little-boy.html

Mochagirl
September 10th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Well, not much to report on today. I started to feel pretty normal once I'd been up a couple of hours, and other than about 3 random painful contractions and some BH, nothing much. I still have a lot of pressure when I stand and loose bowels, but I just don't feel like tonight is going to be the night. My Mom decided not to come quite yet - she'll wait and see how tonight goes then decide. She has lots of obligations and I told her I don't want her to miss them for no reason.

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks Butterfly! It is hard finding time to come online. I just don't want to waste a single second of his newborn days :(

Hobbermittens
September 10th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Good luck Mocha! I hope she arrives when it is convenient for everyone.

TTC5, I don't blame you! Snuggle that baby as much as you can!

Lynxie, I am impressed you are so prepared. I have done NOTHING!

pinkin2011
September 11th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I am the same. I just can not be bothered !!! I have about 4 and a half weeks tho to get myself sorted! I am desperate for new PJ's

Mochagirl
September 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
TTC5 - I said this on your FB page, but I'm already terrified at how quickly the newborn phase is going to go, and I haven't even had Sadie yet! It's so hard knowing this is my last one! I remember with my twins, were were my firstborn babies - I was so desperate for them to keep hitting the next milestone, but with ds3 I slowed down a bit and enjoyed every phase. I plan to do that even more this time.

auroara78
September 11th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mocha, I was the same way with DS1...jut really interested in seeing all the miletones, and curious about when he'd crawl, etc, I feel like I wished his babyhood away by wanting it to hurry up....DS2 I didn't enjoy so much because of his allergy problems, I was just trying to get thru each day with him in the early days, and I'm really trying to enjoy Lillian, even our middle of the night feeds, because if she's anything like the boys, she'll be asleep thru the night in no time, and that will mean that she'll be a little more grown up, you know?

I can't wait to see pics of Sadie and all the other little babies coming soon!!

Hobbermittens
September 11th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I got my DH to dig out the box of newborn stuff from the shed, so at least I can wash up clothes if I want now. I have DD2 still in the c0-sleeper (she is at the bottom, like a pack 'n' play), so I have to either mover her out to the toddler bed, or set up the other co-sleeper (we have 2). I can't decide what would be best. I don't want DD2 to feel like the baby is stealing her bed! With DD1 and DS, I moved DD1 out of the co-sleeper a few months before DS came. But she was a much better behaved 2 year old in a lot of ways--she would stay in bed and never got into mischief. DD2 on the other hand.... total terror! I hate the idea that she could be getting in and out of bed easily and getting into trouble all night long. Not sure what to do. DD2 is still in our room, and I think she will stay there for a while longer--there is room for her and the baby in there. I just worry that if the baby cries too much at night, it will wake DD2 up, because she is a light sleeper.

Hobbermittens
September 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Pinkin, I am sorry you are still so itchy! I was hoping the meds would help you more.

laughinglynxie
September 12th, 2012, 12:07 AM
OMG, need to vent big time. This isn't pregnancy related (but still parenting stuff)! I had "shared" an article on FB, with the warning that it was an opinionated article, but I still agreed with the main thought of it. That being, I don't believe in the Cry It Out method of sleep training. Then suddenly I get a bunch of folks telling me that I must have had an easy baby and I should be so grateful and not take it for granted blah blah blah (and someone else was picking apart the article that I had already stated was opinionated and I wasn't saying it was completely correct anyway). UGH.

Anyway, I'm just crabby about it. My DS1 had terrible reflux and would scream for hours and hours at night until he was around 5 months or so. Yes, there were times I needed to set him down and walk away for a few minutes... but call me a sap, I couldn't just let him freak out alone all night just because "I needed sleep." Every parent and child is different and I just can't believe someone would assume I had an "easy baby" just because I didn't agree with the CIO method. Heck, even now that DS1 is almost three, I still go into his room if he's freaking out for too long. I am in no way a push-over. I'm probably one of the most strictest parents out of my group of friends.

I guess I'm just an attachment parenting Dr. Sears-ish nerd.

zanacal
September 12th, 2012, 04:42 AM
{hugs} laughinglynxie. FWIW, I have never/would never do it either. There are plenty of other ways to teach a baby to sleep if you're that way inclined which don't involve leaving your baby alone and crying for extended periods of time (which I could never feel comfortable with!) and those people probably just felt like they needed to defend themselves.

PeonyPrincess
September 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Hobber, I am sure your DD2 will get disrupted sleep initially with the baby crying, but she may well adjust quickly. I guess you could always give it a try and see what works. She sounds like she gets into plenty of mischief!

Lynxie, I'd just let it wash over you. I can let my babies cry to a point but there is a big difference in a distressed crying baby, which I agree needs to be comforted. The people on FB are probably just expressing their feeling that they were willing to do whatever worked for them. You could always delete the message and then no-one can comment on it and it will very soon be forgotten!

HappyLea
September 12th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hi ladies, Huge congratulations on the birth of your daughter Auroa xxx I will catch up soon, i promise x

just quick update on me, yesterday i felt like period pain crampy at tea time and very emotional i started getting tightenings that carried on throughout the night...they were bearable but gettin regular. At 12.30am i phoned delivery suite and as they weren't painful they said not to bother going in unless they became painful. I managed to fall asleep at 3am and was up at 6am and still getting them although not painful but uncomfartable. As day gone on they got a little more painful and i felt different. Also felt sick etc. Gave in and phoned delivery suite and they told me to go in to get checked.

On monitor the tightenings/contractions were regular and getting stronger. Midwife said dr would see me, dr came in didnt look at my trace, decided she will do internal and a swab test to see if i was going into labour. checked cervix said it was closed but soft. Got left and pains got stronger after she did internal, midwife came back said test was negative and i wont go into labour in next 48 hours. I asked her about pains and she just said take paracetamol, right snotty cow she was. I feel im going into labour. I have taken paracetamol but can still feel them regular and uncomfortable :(

The dr said if i was in labour i would have to be transfered as the NICU was closed, i really feel now that if this does progress i dont want to go back to them as i feel i wasnt treated very well. They didnt explain if i wasnt in labour what the pains were and why i was getting them and so regular like every 4-5mins.

I originally thought they were braxton hick but to have them regular for over 24hours is that possible?

Could the swab test they did be wrong? I am going into labour? I feel like i am.
DS3 i started contracting at 35 weeks and when looked at trace they decided they would give me steriods to mature his lungs and also give me something to stop contractions.

I hope this man stays put for longer but i will see how i go on tonight x

Mochagirl
September 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I'm so sorry they treated you that way, HappyLea! Is there another hospital you could go to to get checked again? It sure sounds like it could be labour to me, and it doesn't sound like they took you seriously at all.

HappyLea
September 12th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I really dont think they took me serious, i feel like i could be in early stages. I feel different...iykwim! I have been too loo with loose stools also (sorry tmi) and felt nauseaus on occassions.

Im worried incase it does progress into labour where they cant stop it, he will be here too early. Sounds a silly question but can i just turn up at any hospital to get checked out? Or just my local one? I will try get some sleep soon as i only got 3 hours last night. Hopefully they will stop but they havent for over 24hours now.

zanacal
September 12th, 2012, 05:22 PM
{hugs} Happylea, I'm sorry the hospital were so rude and unhelpful. Do you have a community midwife you could phone? In my area if you have an urgent issue you call the hospital and they get the on call midwife to ring you. You've had babies before so they really should take you seriously if you feel you're going in to labour! What is this swab? I've never heard of such a thing!

zanacal
September 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Another thought, could you have a urine infection? I believe they can cause contractions.

fivebabies
September 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Mocha~ Sounds like any minute now! I was thinking that as soon as you told your mom to stay home that you surely just sealed your fate and would go into active labor right away. lol. Hope Sadie stays put until Friday for you! All signs sound promising though! :)

Hobber~ Screw the house work. I thought about hiring a cleaning lady later in the pregnancy but decided I didn't care enough to fork out the cash. Weird dream btw! I hate those crazy pregnancy dreams! Was it fun to get all your newborn stuff out again? Getting excited? :)

Lynxie~ Arg, people can be so annoying. I happen to agree with you though. All of our kids have slept in our bed and I could never do the crying thing. I am a big softy too. Don't let people get tot you about it. Your kids will end up big old sweeties who are very caring since you have cared for them so well. We get comments all the time about how nice and sweet our kids are to everyone they come across. My mom attributed it to the co-sleeping etc (she let us cry, and ironically we weren't a close family at all) but my sister does the crying thing and her kids aren't nearly as caring. IMO. So keep it up and dod what feels right for you! :)

HappyLea~ So sorry you had to deal with that! Sounds like soon for you too!!!

Way more goes on over here than the Due in Dec thread...I'm due the 1st of Dec and highly doubt I'll make it that far so if it's ok, I'm going to pop in over here instead. :)

TTC5
September 12th, 2012, 06:55 PM
HL - pelvic rest and drink plenty of water!!!! Also, take some magnesium.

PeonyPrincess
September 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM
fivebabies, please do join us here! I am due in November but I think everyone else will have had theirs in September or October, so I could be talking to myself otherwise!

HappyLea, that sucks. They don't sound like they reassured you or gave you any helpful advice of what to do in the meantime if they continue. If things don't settle I'd go back again. You often have to hassle people before you get what you need. I haven't heard of that swab to check if you are going into labour either.

Mocha, tick...tick. Not long now! I have to keep coming on here to make sure I haven't missed that Sadie has arrived!

Can anyone give me a crash course in posting photos on here? I have never done it and don't want to have the baby and then have to muck around trying to figure it out. Bought 2 booster seats for my boys yesterday and installed them today. (I've hired a baby capsule and needed the booster seats as they are narrower than the maxi riders). Also got my parents to buy the pram I wanted as we will be flying down to them before Christmas. And my friend who is lending me a bassinette said it's all ready for me. Suddenly not feeling so disorganised! And only 31 weeks. I thought I'd be leaving everything to the last minute.

Butterfly Spirit
September 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Peony, you just click the little tree picture icon.. Make sure the My Computer tab is selected..then click Choose File button..Find the file you want in your documents or wherever you saved it to and double click the file and then click Upload file..and voila!

Mochagirl
September 12th, 2012, 09:30 PM
HappyLea - how are you doing now??

No baby yet for me. I had a midwife appt yesterday and after all those contractions I'm still only 1-2cm and not completely effaced. However, Sadie's head is really low - way lower than last week. My midwife said 'I have short, stubby fingers and I'm touching her head right now!'

I'm still getting tons of BH and the occasional painful contraction - mostly at night - but not a lot of other action other than that. And I've been crazily active, moving furniture, going on marathon shopping trips, carrying laundry up and down two floors, walking the kids to and from school...and still not much happening.

My mw offered to do a stretch and sweep but after much thought I decided to decline. It was just too far away from my Mom's arrival, and I'd really like Sadie to wait until then to come. DS3 also has his first day of preschool on Friday and I'd hate for him to miss that. Not long now till she gets here - only 40 hours or so...not that I'm counting :bigsmile:

PeonyPrincess
September 13th, 2012, 04:31 AM
You are very patient Mocha! I told my OB to do the sweep before I was even 38 weeks with mine as I was so desperate not to be pg anymore!! I hope Sadie keeps co-operating for you.

HappyLea
September 13th, 2012, 08:08 AM
hey ladies,

Im feeling much better today got a better night sleep, some pains but not regular. Seen my community MW and she picked up that i have extra white cells in my urine and may have UTI which may have been causing the contractions. Now on anti biotics, i have rested today today and contractions easing off, which is good :D

Really didnt have a clue what the test was that they did at hospital, i never heard of it before. I searched it on internet and i think it an FFN test or something, it detects if a certain protein is in cervix area that gets released when going into labour or something...still unsure!

Mocha deffo sounds like you will be next...cant wait to see these beautiful babies x

I think im joining the club of screw the house work at the moment, dont want to do too much incase it isnt a UTI that is causing the contractions.

Mochagirl
September 13th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I'm glad you're feeling better today. HappyLea - and boo to the hospital for not looking for the source of her contractions when it could potentially be resolved so easily.

Pretty normal night here last night. My contractions get rarer and rarer as time goes on, which isn't good. I had one huge one last evening while reading to ds3, but other than that just a few twinges overnight. That one night earlier in the week when I was having them 5 minutes apart must have been caused by her burrowing lower. I had lots of stabbing cervix pain that day as well.

fivebabies
September 13th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Ugh, I am so sick of pregnancy hormones. :( I just feel like bursting into tears today! Had kind of a rough morning getting the 3 big kids off to school, yelled at DS2 for pushing his brother and getting physical and now all I can thhink of is how bad I feel for yelling. I seriously am going to cry.....

But I had an OB appt yesterday and had another ultrasound so that was fun. DS3 (who is 3 yrs old) got to come and he loved it. He's very excited about the baby. And the good news is baby is still a girl....I was a little nervous since I was told girl with baby #4 (him) and then they told me boy 4 weeks later at 22 wks. So that was a relief to hear yesterday.

Back to trying not to cry...

ladybug
September 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I failed my 3 hr test badly!!!! Boo.....So I am meeting with a dietician and I am monitoring my blood glucose for the next 5 days and I see my OB again on Monday and he will decide then if I will be placed on insulin...I'm pretty sure I will need the insulin as I I have had GD twice now and controlled it with diet and I am following the same diet this time and its just not working...my #'s are high, even my fasting #'s....He said he will be delivering me no later than 38 weeks....So baby girl will be arriving the end of Nov....She is not measuring big at this point, but most days I feel like crap.....It just sucks :(.....So I hope its ok that I post here as baby girl will be arriving in Nov and I know most of you :)

Mocha I am totally stalking you....I hope you have a smooth delivery

Mochagirl
September 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Fivebabies - sorry about the hormones. I definitely have days like that too. Yay for getting to see your little girl again, though!

Ladybug - OF COURSE you can join us. So sorry about the gestational diabetes. I feel really lucky I dodged that bullet in all my pregnancies because I have lots of history of diabetes in my family.

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Fivebabies and Ladybug--welcome! SOrry about the gestational diabetes Ladybug.... that sucks. And I hope you are feeling better soon fivebabies. Hormones sure do a number on us.

Mocha, I think Sadie wants to meet her Grandma, so things are slowing down a little for you! Hang in there. It won't be long now!

Happylea, what a crappy experience you had! I am gald it was just a UTI and you are feeling better. But that is scary to have happen at just 32 weeks. Especially since you have had a premie before. I can't believe the hospital didn't take you seriously!

Peony, sounds like you are getting ready too. Car seats, strollers, etc..... :)

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm feeling crampy today. Hope it isn't the start of something. Yesterday at my appt, the Dr decided not to check my cervix, so I have no idea what is going on in there. Just as well. I have 3 weeks left!! I can't believe things are going by so fast. This pregnancy has flown by!!

laughinglynxie
September 13th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Welcome, to the "adopted" new ladies! :)

ladybug, sorry about the Diabetes issues. :( I had to do the 3-hr test for the first time ever this pregnancy and was really worried as Diabetes runs in the family. Thankfully I was okay this time... but it has to be so scary to worry about insulin and everything like that!

Mocha, maybe your body is reacting to you wanting to wait for a more convenient time for your mom to be with you? I have a friend that was having quite regular contractions with #2 (while her husband was away on business) for almost two days but they actually stopped on their own. Husband came home a few days later and then she had the baby! Kinda funny how that happens.

I'm definitely in the give-up-housework camp, too. I'll do what is absolutely necessary (washing diapers, vacuuming crumbs, etc.) but I'm not deep scrubbing or doing repairs anymore unless I get really energetic. I'm too absorbed in the emotional details and the logistics of packing/getting to the hospital.

We toured the newly remodeled birthing center at the hospital yesterday and it is BEAUTIFUL. It is so much more relaxed and natural-birthing friendly. Every L&D room has a jet-tub, audio player hook-ups, a big flatscreen TV. It is crazy. All of the medical-looking stuff and wires are hidden behind panels. It looks pretty darn spa-like. :D

Mochagirl
September 13th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Well, I'll be happy if she waits to come until tomorrow night, or better yet Saturday during the day. My worry is that she's going to come late and I'll end up being transferred to the care of an OB (the policy at my midwife collective if you get to 41 weeks I think) who may not be as pro-VBAC as my midwives are.

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Lynxie, that place sounds fancy!! The place I will deliver in is pretty nice, but nothing like you described.

Mocha, I bet you won't go late. If Sadie doesn't arrive on Saturday like you hope, then start walking and bouncing on a birth ball and force your DH to have sex with you. :wink:

Mochagirl
September 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe I spoke too soon. As I sit here typing, my lower back is throbbing and I keep getting twinges in my uterus. I hope Sadie can wait another day - I really don't want ds3 to miss his first day of preschool tomorrow!

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Drink some water and lay down, STAT!

fivebabies
September 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, seriously! Lay down!

Mochagirl
September 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Not a lot of chances to lay down this afternoon. Just got back from picking dh up at work. I'll try to lie down for half an hour or so now but then we have to walk to my kids' school for Meet the Teacher night.

fivebabies
September 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Ladybug~ So sorry to hear it!!! :(

laughinglynxie
September 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Eeeeee, Mocha!! I hope everything goes smoothly and you get the VBAC-friendly atmosphere that you desire. I have to check here every few hours to to keep up to date. :)

TTC5
September 13th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hobbers and Mocha sounds like your both close now!

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I am still about 3 weeks out, but I know it will fly by. SO much to do before then, and no energy, plus I can't stand very long before I get sore/tired. I always put stuff off until the end, because I forget how useless I really am at the end of pregnancy. :sigh: DH isn't much help either, even though he will do things when I ask, he doesn't seem to realize I need him to pick up the slack around here. This weekend he is doing a project on the OUTSIDE of the house--and I need help INSIDE! Ugh.

TTC5
September 13th, 2012, 05:40 PM
A pic :)

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM
What a mellow guy!! All the pictures of my kids at that stage are redfaced and screaming. He has a lot of hair! Did your girls have that much? He's gorgeous, TTC5!! :bigsmile:

auroara78
September 13th, 2012, 06:35 PM
soooooooooo seriously cute and laid back, TTC5, what a handsome fellow!!!

welcome ladybug and fivebabies to the group....

I thought my after having a baby hormones had settled down but mom and I talked today and she got me really upset (usually she just annoys me) and it caused me to start crying to her...and then I told her I had to go becuz I was too upset, I called her back later, and she told me how dare I cry to her, making her feel bad...omg, I am so not going to be that rude to my daughter once she's older! Crazy.....which just made me cry again, and i told her "I'm not crying to make you feel bad, I just had a baby Last WEEK! I'm still hormonal!" that shut her up, somewhat.

fivebabies
September 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Oh auroura~ Talk to her as little as possible. I have a few of that kind of family member. :( Hugs! Hope you feel better soon!

PeonyPrincess
September 13th, 2012, 07:20 PM
What a bitch she is Auroara! I think that sums up my feelings on her- sorry! It must feel like having another child to look after.

Lynxie, I want a spa delivery!! Sounds lovely. I am in the private hospital here, which is as nice as it gets, but only 1 birthing suite even has a bath in it, so first come basis.

Mocha, it is sounding like this could be it!

Hi ladybug. Bummer about the GD 3 times in a row. That is just not fair. Hope you can get your glucose levels stabilised so you feel better.

I should be leaving for work now. Just can't be bothered. It is getting so hot here now that I just feel like floating in the pool!

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Peony, I forget that we have opposite seasons. It is just cooling down here, finally!

Auroara, I can't believe your mother wasn't more understanding and treated you so rudely! She obviously doesn't remember what it was like when you and your siblings were babies. I would avoid her for a while.

Mochagirl
September 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Auroara - so sorry about your Mom. I say avoid her for a while too. :HH:

So luckily those cramps and backache never went anywhere. I made it to the kids' Meet the teacher night and now we're just14 hours till my Mom's arrival, so I think we're going to make it!

TTC5
September 13th, 2012, 11:50 PM
What a mellow guy!! All the pictures of my kids at that stage are redfaced and screaming. He has a lot of hair! Did your girls have that much? He's gorgeous, TTC5!! :bigsmile:

With all the troubles we had during pregnancy he was always so chilled out on scan/doppler. And was the same after delivery. He did not make a single wimper or cry till the next day!! Girls had hair but he has more! It is so cute and fluffy lol!

Butterfly Spirit
September 14th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks Butterfly! It is hard finding time to come online. I just don't want to waste a single second of his newborn days :(

Totally understandable! ;)

PeonyPrincess
September 14th, 2012, 03:31 AM
My babies come out with lots of hair too. I love the bald baby look though as they look like a baby for longer. I am sure my DS1 had his first haircut at 9 months!

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, my kids have lots of hair, too. Especially DD1--I had an ultrasound the week before she was born, and they could see her hair during the scan! She came out with a TON and never lost any.

Rosie85
September 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Welcome, to the "adopted" new ladies! :)

ladybug, sorry about the Diabetes issues. :( I had to do the 3-hr test for the first time ever this pregnancy and was really worried as Diabetes runs in the family. Thankfully I was okay this time... but it has to be so scary to worry about insulin and everything like that!

Mocha, maybe your body is reacting to you wanting to wait for a more convenient time for your mom to be with you? I have a friend that was having quite regular contractions with #2 (while her husband was away on business) for almost two days but they actually stopped on their own. Husband came home a few days later and then she had the baby! Kinda funny how that happens.

I'm definitely in the give-up-housework camp, too. I'll do what is absolutely necessary (washing diapers, vacuuming crumbs, etc.) but I'm not deep scrubbing or doing repairs anymore unless I get really energetic. I'm too absorbed in the emotional details and the logistics of packing/getting to the hospital.

We toured the newly remodeled birthing center at the hospital yesterday and it is BEAUTIFUL. It is so much more relaxed and natural-birthing friendly. Every L&D room has a jet-tub, audio player hook-ups, a big flatscreen TV. It is crazy. All of the medical-looking stuff and wires are hidden behind panels. It looks pretty darn spa-like. :D

Holy crazy!!!! I am excited to check it out! Finally a nice place to give birth :-)

auroara78
September 14th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks ladies for the support, I appreicate it...to make matters worst, she visited on Tuesday (she lives an hour and a 1/2 away) and barely held the baby....so I went into the conversation yesterday already disappointed about how she ignored her granddaughter after haggling me half the preg about making sure the baby was a girl. She's always been a little self-centered, but age has made her 10x worst....she is so crazy right now, that yeah I think I'll avoid her for a lil bit, let her cool off, and let myself get myself more centered.

Lillian is still doing well, still sleeping a lot. She has a fussy period of course in the middle of the nite, when I am already dead tired, hehe. DS2 is still harder than the baby, but he has his sweet moments too. I just don't want him to feel replaced by the baby, you know?

Anyway, I hope Sadie is born soon....I can't wait to see her pictures!! Hobbers, I can't wait until you're holding your sweet little boy in your arms!

Bumblebee
September 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hey ladies just popping on to say a quick hello!! TTC5 once again congrats on the birth of your baby boy! mocha good luck with your birth, hope you have a smooth and speedy delivery :fingers:, hope everyone else is doing fine and well :wave:

Mochagirl
September 14th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hi Bumblebee! I'm glad you stopped by! How are you feeling? Soon for you too!

Well, my Mom's here now and we fulfilled all our family commitments for this week, so I'm ready for Sadie to come. DH is hoping she'll wait until Sunday so he can play in yet another baseball tournament this weekend. Nice to know where his priorities are. :rolleyes:

No contractions yet today or any signs she's coming, really. I'd really like her to come tomorrow or Sunday if possible - I'm going to feel really guilty if she comes late and my Mom ends up being here longer than she planned.

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Oh, Auroara, your mom sounds terrible! Good idea staying away from her for a while. Glad Lillian is doing well.

3 more weeks or so for me.... and I still think it is a girl. I hope you are right about it being a boy, Auroara!!

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Good to see you Bumblebee! How soon do you expect to meet your little man?

Bumblebee
September 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hi mocha!! I'm great thanks have spent the last few months just resting alot in my pregnancy. I have been checked every week since 28 weeks and had growth scans to monitor baby and blood pressure medication to control my BP and thank god everything has gone so well. I'm just waiting to go into labour now although its so confusing I've been having contractions/tightenings, back pain and cervical pain and pressure so many times now, it tends to start and stop after a while, this baby is such a tease! lol! got a sweep booked on my due date an induction if necessary. I actually think I might go overdue. I been practising breathing techniques (hypnobirthing) and got a tens machine and everything else set, just waiting for things to get started now so I can finally meet my baby!!

Sounds like you are ready too, I'm hoping to have my baby this weekend aswell my daughter starts her new school on monday and I so don't want to go into labour on her first day! have you tried anything to help induce labour naturally yet?

Bumblebee
September 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Good to see you Bumblebee! How soon do you expect to meet your little man?

Hi hobber! hope youre fine and well :) hopefully I'll meet him soon this weekend would be nice my daughter starts school on monday and I don't want to miss her first day, I'm more nervous that she is rofl!

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Mocha, you have one day left on your ticker! How exciting! I am glad you have your mom there and everything. Maybe you should start walking, and ask your Midwife to give you a sweep when you see her next (when will that be?). I bet it won't take much to get you started.

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Bumblebee, hope he gets here soon, and you get to take your daughter to school for her first day. Good luck with everything!!

Mochagirl
September 14th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Bumblebee - I've been that way all week with back pain, contractions and cervix pain too. I declined a stretch and sweep when my mw offered on Tuesday just because I really wanted Sadie to wait until my Mom got here (she arrived today) so we'd have someone to watch my other kids when I go to the hospital. We also had a similar situation where ds3 had his first day of preschool today and I didn't want him to miss it.

I have been drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea, but that's about it. I also walk a lot - picking up and dropping off the kids at school, marathon shopping trips, etc. - but that doesn't seem to have an effect on me. I doubt I can talk dh into dtd because my Mom has the room directly across the hall from me. Any other suggestions?

I see the mw again on Tuesday and I'll definitely get a stretch and sweep then, but I really, really hope Sadie comes before then. I hope you get to meet your little man this weekend too!

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Mocha, I can tell you all the things I tried to get DD2 here early, but none of them worked. I ate lots of pineapple, did that uneven curb walking, bounced on a yoga ball, forced DH into sex, ate spicy food, walked like crazy. As far as the sex, I did that when my parents were staying across the hall too--we were just really quiet!

zanacal
September 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mocha, I had a crazy amount of sex when I was overdue with Eliza and it didn't help so don't sweat it!! The only thing which helped was the sweep followed by a very energetic walj and lots of dancing! We put on a Beyonce CD and danced like mad. Lots of jumping and hip movement which the boys thought was hilarious! Course she was almost 2 weeks overdue so maybe she'd have come then anyway! Remember to ask yoyr midwife whether she'll repeat the sweep every 2 days :-)

zanacal
September 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Sorry about the typos - on my phone!

ladybug
September 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Good luck Mocha!!! I am so glad your mother has arrived...C'mon baby Sadie, its time to make your entrance!!!

So sorry about the way your mom treated you Aurora....keeping your distance will be for the best for now...

Its time for your boy to make his arrival as well....Goodluck!!! So exciting...Baby watch :)

Hobber.....I hope you have your little boy in there :)

Pinkin....I hope you get some relief from the itching soon...

TT5....You boy is beautiful....so perfect :)

five babies.....being hormonal suck...hope your doing better today....

For anyone I missed sorry...hope everyone is doing well....

As for my my blood glucose is all over the map...still no control....Hope we figure it out soon.....I got to see baby Makalee today on a 3D ultrasound....She is beautiful and makes all this worth while :)

Mochagirl
September 14th, 2012, 10:28 PM
My mw called today to see how I'm doing. She said she was going over the schedule and noticed that there's a 24 hour period on Sunday when none of the 3 mws I've been meeting with are on call. So if I go into labour on Sunday I'm going to have a complete stranger deliver Sadie. Talk about pressure to go into labour today or tomorrow!

She said she feels horrible since they usually make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen. She said she can drop by my house tomorrow morning to see if I've had any changes in my cervix, and if I'm even just 4cm she would, in her words, make sure I have my baby tomorrow. I guess she means she'd give me a stretch and sweep - not sure what else.

So cross your fingers for me, ladies!

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Have her over Mocha! I hope she can get things going for you!

Hobbermittens
September 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Lady bug, hope they can get your blood glucose under control. Glad you got to see your baby today!

laughinglynxie
September 15th, 2012, 12:46 AM
So... I totally had a baby today!!!! Ivy Georgia was born at 5:04pm. 8lbs and 19" long. My water broke ay.home at 5:50am so we kinda had to just go for it. Can't believe she's so big for a.preemie. she's in the NICU right now for breathing monitoring and blood sugar levels. She's not on oxygen or anything, they are just watching. I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about her! Ready for morning time so I can go see her. What a crazy surprise!! I'll post more details once I'm at a real computer.

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 12:48 AM
So... I totally had a baby today!!!! Ivy Georgia was born at 5:04pm. 8lbs and 19" long. My water broke ay.home at 5:50am so we kinda had to just go for it. Can't believe she's so big for a.preemie. she's in the NICU right now for breathing monitoring and blood sugar levels. She's not on oxygen or anything, they are just watching. I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about her! Ready for morning time so I can go see her. What a crazy surprise!! I'll post more details once I'm at a real computer.

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!

BIG girl! Sounds like she will go home with you Lynxie! And I LOVE her unique name! :cheer:

pinkin2011
September 15th, 2012, 02:24 AM
OH my god!!!! How fantastic!!!! How are you feeling ????? Wow she is a very nice size, were you measuring bigger at all?? I will be having bubs early too and they think he will be a nice size aswell

Myloves
September 15th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Congrats!!! I love her name :o

Bumblebee
September 15th, 2012, 05:54 AM

http://www.orkutscrap4u.com/app/webroot/scrap/new_baby/012_new_baby.gif

Very many congratulations on the birth of your baby girl and what an amazing weight! I love her name aswell. Hope you and baby are doing fine and well!!

Bumblebee
September 15th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Bumblebee - I've been that way all week with back pain, contractions and cervix pain too. I declined a stretch and sweep when my mw offered on Tuesday just because I really wanted Sadie to wait until my Mom got here (she arrived today) so we'd have someone to watch my other kids when I go to the hospital. We also had a similar situation where ds3 had his first day of preschool today and I didn't want him to miss it.

I have been drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea, but that's about it. I also walk a lot - picking up and dropping off the kids at school, marathon shopping trips, etc. - but that doesn't seem to have an effect on me. I doubt I can talk dh into dtd because my Mom has the room directly across the hall from me. Any other suggestions?

I see the mw again on Tuesday and I'll definitely get a stretch and sweep then, but I really, really hope Sadie comes before then. I hope you get to meet your little man this weekend too!

Aww bless glad that your mum is here now :) I've tried long walks but my sciatica limits them, I don't eat anything spicy because I have the worst heartburn and indigestion this pregnancy only only been eating light foods. My hip again makes sex very difficult. Pineapple make my tongue oh so sore and that leaves nipple stimulation! LOL! but don't think that could be very effective either. So I'm out of ideas too, also too scared to do anything else really.
Apart from that nothing is happening today to me to indicate labour is imminent..... babys actually very quiet maybe he is resting up for the big day eeek!

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 06:12 AM
My mw called today to see how I'm doing. She said she was going over the schedule and noticed that there's a 24 hour period on Sunday when none of the 3 mws I've been meeting with are on call. So if I go into labour on Sunday I'm going to have a complete stranger deliver Sadie. Talk about pressure to go into labour today or tomorrow!

She said she feels horrible since they usually make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen. She said she can drop by my house tomorrow morning to see if I've had any changes in my cervix, and if I'm even just 4cm she would, in her words, make sure I have my baby tomorrow. I guess she means she'd give me a stretch and sweep - not sure what else.

So cross your fingers for me, ladies!

YAY for 40 weeks love, Are you just SOOO excited!?!?!?!?

I AM!!!!!

Mochagirl
September 15th, 2012, 06:49 AM
OMG lynxie - how exciting!!!!! Congrats, Hun! I love her name and can't wait to see pics!!! What a big girl!

Ok..now we've had 3 people with later due dates than me have babies. Is Sadie ever going to come??? No action last night, though she's moving a lot.

TTC5
September 15th, 2012, 07:25 AM

Oh wow! She is even bigger than my big boy! He too was a 36 weeker and weighed 7pd 9oz!!

Congrats!!

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 07:29 AM
OMG lynxie - how exciting!!!!! Congrats, Hun! I love her name and can't wait to see pics!!! What a big girl!

Ok..now we've had 3 people with later due dates than me have babies. Is Sadie ever going to come??? No action last night, though she's moving a lot.

Are you going to Let them 'strip your membranes' now you are 40 weeks? I stiLL don't know what that means... LOL

Mochagirl
September 15th, 2012, 07:36 AM
My midwife's going to maybe come over to check my cervix today. She said there's no point stripping my membranes unless I'm at least 3-4cm, so I'm praying there's been some change in my cervix since my appointment last Tuesday! I'm super desperate for her to come out today since if she waits till tomorrow she'll be delivered by a stranger!

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM
My midwife's going to maybe come over to check my cervix today. She said there's no point stripping my membranes unless I'm at least 3-4cm, so I'm praying there's been some change in my cervix since my appointment last Tuesday! I'm super desperate for her to come out today since if she waits till tomorrow she'll be delivered by a stranger!

Awww, weLL I hope she comes TODAY then.. we don't want a stranger!

pinkin2011
September 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Gosh all these babies so exciting!!!

Well I nearly took myself to hospital today BH contractions very very regular and pain in my lower back.... Died down after 2 hrs but I was very stressed out about it and hubby was playing football Grand Final today so he would not of been happy If I called him through the game! Anyway I am ok for now but very very uncomfortable and am still getting the odd BH

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Gosh all these babies so exciting!!!

Well I nearly took myself to hospital today BH contractions very very regular and pain in my lower back.... Died down after 2 hrs but I was very stressed out about it and hubby was playing football Grand Final today so he would not of been happy If I called him through the game! Anyway I am ok for now but very very uncomfortable and am still getting the odd BH

PInkin, you'll be after Mocha, for SURE! :) Are you getting excited hon? I am, OMG I want to meet him..but not yet! LOL
Hey, when did your itching start? I woke up yesterday to itching ALL over...

pinkin2011
September 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM
started at 25 weeks. Watch for palms of hands and soles of feet that is a BIG indication

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
started at 25 weeks. Watch for palms of hands and soles of feet that is a BIG indication

Thanks love :HH:
It started with my scalp 2 weeks ago..but yeah it was all over yesterday lol

pinkin2011
September 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
def keep an eye on it!

dloui128
September 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM

Wow Congratulations!!

Mochagirl
September 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM
pinkin - I hope your little guy stays put a bit longer!

Well, I'm feeling really down. My midwife just came and my cervix is still only 1cm and really long. She wasn't able to do a stretch and sweep and doesn't think I'm going to have the baby in the next few days. :worry:

I'm especially concerned because my Mom has put her life on hold to be here and can't stay indefinitely. She said today she'll have to nip home (if you can call a 5 hour trip 'nipping home') to take care of some of her responsibilities there if I end up going too late...which means I'll be back to being a ball of stress wondering who if anyone will be able to come watch my older boys when I go into labour.

I found out they'll let me go 10 days past my due date, then they bring an ob in for a consult. They won't use pitocin with a VBAC - too dangerous - but if my cervix is favourable, they can try just breaking my water. Otherwise, I'll have to consider a repeat c-section.

So...still hoping for a miracle labour today. I'd rather it not happen tomorrow, though, since all 3 of the midwives I know are off call - though I'd still rather a stranger deliver Sadie than have to wait another week or more!

Hobbermittens
September 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM

WHOA! I wasn't expecting that! Congrats Lynxie! Can't wait to hear more about it. How early was she? She is really a great size--can you imagine how big she would have been if she waited until her due date?

Hobbermittens
September 15th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Mocha, I am sorry your midwife didn't have better news. I thought you would be dilated more after all the contractions and stuff you've been having. I guess it is good that you aren't dilated a bunch since you don't want to have her on Sunday, right?

ladybug
September 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
laughinglynxie .....Congratulations on your baby girl...she is a great size!!! Love her name :)

Mocha...I am so sorry the MW didnt have better news....I sure hope Sadie makes her entrance soon..xo

auroara78
September 15th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Laughinglynixe, huge congrats on your daughter!! Wow, she was a good size for a 35-weeker!!! Tip though, from what I discovered about Lillian, babies born early typcially sleep a lot more than 40 week newborns. I have to usually wake her up to eat, but she does eat well, she's just my little sleeping beauty. Congrats again, and cannot wait for pictures!!!!

Mocha, that does really suck. After my experience, I don't think you want a c-section. This pregnancy at the end really taught me a few things, hehe, I thought I'd NEVER go early, and I thought all c-sections were a breeze. My 1st and 2nd sections were so typical, but this 3rd was so much more tougher. It's funny when certain stuff happens that makes you rethink your previous stances. I really, really hope she comes soon...and Happy 40 weeks!!! I can't wait to see Sadie's pictures!

zanacal
September 15th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Congrats Lynxie, wonderful news!

Mocha, please don't be despondent. There is absolutely no way any midwife can predict when you'll go in to labour! None of my babies wrre even engaged when I went in to labour and even with strong and regular contractions I was only ever 2 or 3cm dilated! Remember I said I didn'teven have an examination with E? The reason I was glad about that is because it pisses you off so much when they say 1cm or 2cm which can totally put a holt to things and it doesn't mean anything! I totally think I was only about 2cm when I got to hospital with E and she was born 1.5 hrs later. My midwife did the sweep the day before but she said it wasn't a good one because I wasn't very favourable. The best thing you can do is relax, connect with your baby and look forward to her arrival. Despite what anybody says it could be any time!

zanacal
September 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Oh and you're only just due. Try not to feel the pressure to not go past 10 days or about whatever decisions you may need to make yet - they may never even need to be considered and again just stress you out.

Mochagirl
September 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words, Z. I know I have no cause to complain when so many of you ladies were soooo overdue. Were any of your other kids overdue? ds3 was born the day before his due date, so I think I had it in my head that Sadie would come around her due date too. My Mom warned me, though, that all 4 of her babies were 2 weeks overdue! At this point I guess I'd just as soon Sadie wait until Monday to arrive, when my favourite midwife is back on call.

My Mom's decided to stay through until Thursday at least because my only friend I have available to watch my kids when I go into labour has night shifts at the hospital on Tuesday and Wednesday this week (she's a nurse), so I'd have no one to call if I go into labour. It's a relief to know she'll be here for a little while, but I do feel guilty keeping her from her very busy life for so long.

Hobbermittens
September 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Your mom may have a busy life, Mocha, but what is more important than you and her grandbabies? I am sure she would much rather be with your family than at home right now!

Hobbermittens
September 15th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Not much longer for me to be in denial. I will have to face reality soon and deal with a baby that is most likely the gender I didn't want. I hate that I care, but I do. I am more worried every day about what will happen after the baby is born, and how I will react. :(

Mochagirl
September 15th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hobber - I still think you have a boy in there! And yes, with my luck you'll probably have him before I've had Sadie! ;)

So here's a 40 week belly shot - hopefully the last one!

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Hobber - I still think you have a boy in there! And yes, with my luck you'll probably have him before I've had Sadie! ;)

So here's a 40 week belly shot - hopefully the last one!

:HH: Looking GOOD and ready to pOp!

Hobbermittens
September 15th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I love that belly Mocha! Sadie, come out of there! NOW! :)

PeonyPrincess
September 15th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Lynxie!!! What lovely news to wake up to today. Congratulations on your daughter! I hope the delivery went as smoothly as your first one and that Ivy is out of the NICU very soon.

TTC5
September 15th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Not much longer for me to be in denial. I will have to face reality soon and deal with a baby that is most likely the gender I didn't want. I hate that I care, but I do. I am more worried every day about what will happen after the baby is born, and how I will react. :(

x x x x

Butterfly Spirit
September 16th, 2012, 04:10 AM

:HH: Mocha, This is for Miss Sadie! :)

Mochagirl
September 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
:rofl: Butterfly!

Well, it's very early Sunday morning here. I woke up with very bad af-type cramps at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep. Not sure if this is going to go anywhere, but it definitely seems like the start of something.

pinkin2011
September 16th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Mocha I bet you go into labor today or tonight!

pinkin2011
September 16th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Oh and I see my baby is now the size of a Honeydew, I can tell ya right now he is bigger then that!!!

Hobbermittens
September 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Yay Mocha! Hope Sadie is making her entrance (or exit--which ever way you look at it :wink:) today!

Pinkin, how are you feeling? Are you meds working at all?

auroara78
September 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mocha, FX baby Sadie comes today!!!

Hobbers, I so still feel like you will have the best surprise of your life when you hold baby boy in your arms :) I am so hoping that is the happy ever after ending to this story for you...and if the baby is a girl, then I still think you did the right thing by NOT finding out....you will fall in love iwth your baby, because she'll be your baby....I still think you'll see a pee-wee though!

Hope everyone else is going well....baby Lillian still sleeps a lot, though last nite she was awake for nearly two hours at 6 am, lol, and I was like...c'mon baby, let's go back to bed, since the boys were still sleeping...I was so sleepy but I loved seeing her beautiful eyes open and her taking in everything...she was so calm and chill, just looking around.

zanacal
September 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Mocha, the boys all arrived within a couple of days of their due date so Eliza going so overdue was a surprise! I'm hoping for Monday for you with the midwife you know :-)

Hobbermittens
September 16th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hobbers, I so still feel like you will have the best surprise of your life when you hold baby boy in your arms :) I am so hoping that is the happy ever after ending to this story for you...and if the baby is a girl, then I still think you did the right thing by NOT finding out....you will fall in love iwth your baby, because she'll be your baby....I still think you'll see a pee-wee though!

I really really want you to be right about the baby being a boy. I really wish that would be how this story ends. But I just feel the dread of GD creeping up on me. :( I can't imagine for one second that I would actually get what I want.

zanacal
September 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hugs Hobber xx

Hobbermittens
September 16th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks Zana.

Mochagirl
September 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Well, I've had contractions pretty much all day about 15 minutes apart. I hope they're doing something! Every once in a while they increase to every 10 minutes, but then they go back to 15-20 again. They aren't super painful - a few I had to breathe through, but for the most part they just make me stop for a minute to wait for them to finish. I'm not sure how well I'll sleep tonight if it continues like this - and I was up before 5 this morning, so I could definitely use some rest - but part of me hopes things wait and speed up in the morning so I can see my favourite midwife. I'm really hoping tomorrow is the day!

PeonyPrincess
September 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM
FX for you Mocha!!

Butterfly, I love the eviction notice!...sounds like Sadie may have read it too.

Hobbermittens
September 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Good luck Mocha! Keep us posted on your progress!

TTC5
September 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Good Luck Mocha!!!

Mochagirl
September 16th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Just lost my mucus plug!

Myloves
September 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
SO EXCITING Mocha!! I can't wait for updates!~

And Hobbermittens, I know what you mean by not getting what you want in life. I didn't expect to get the family make-up I got in a million years, but I've grown love what I have. I know it's hard - sometimes I still wish dd had come with a twin, just so I could get *some of what I originally dreamed of having.

But instead of dwelling on the fact that I have only 1 girl, I try to appreciate the fact that I can have her to myself. If your baby is a girl, your boy will be your only sweet mama's boy and you two will share an unbreakable bond. Just as dd will look to me for a female companion, your boy will see you as the first woman he loved. I think he's lucky! And so are you :o

Besides, I still think you're having a boy. I felt the same way about Skrimpy and she's having a boy so who knows? Fingers crossed for you, but if it's a girl you'll be a great mum to her - just like you already are to your other three kids. :awe:

Butterfly Spirit
September 16th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Just lost my mucus plug!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: this is IT!!!!

ladybug
September 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM
C'mon Sadie!!!!!! Goodluck Mocha.....So excited for you to finally hold your precious daughter :)

zanacal
September 17th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Hoorah for mucus plugs! Can't wait to see your darling daughter MJ!

ELP
September 17th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Best of luck Mocha!! I looove the name Sadie btw:HH::)

Mochagirl
September 17th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Well, the contractions calmed overnight, which I guess is a good thing because it meant I slept. I had maybe 1-2 contractions an hour in the night, and this morning I lost more mucus plug.

I've been up for half an hour or so now and I've only had one contraction - though it was a really strong one. I'm hoping moving around a bit will kickstart them again. Sadie's really restless this morning, moving around a lot. I have to get the older boys off to school, and I'm debating whether or not to send ds3 to preschool this morning.

Anyway, I'm happy I made it to today because now my favourite midwife is back on call. I'm really hoping today's the day! It's been over 24 hours of regular contractions now, and I'm getting tired!