PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hate being pregnant?

Pixiedoll
February 9th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I know I'm in a position many desperately want-and this makes me feel guilty but does anyone else HATE being pregnant? I do I hate it like poison.

My head has hurt now every single day for 7 weeks..there is nothing wrong, it's hormonal and muscular.
I live on paracetamol, I have no choice, I'm in so much pain it wakes me in the night, I'm signed off work, I cant drive, I cant walk anywhere cos of my back, I'm breathless, sick, dizzy, unhappy, isolated, I cant do anything for my son, I cant play with him cos the pain in my head, I cant pick him up cos of my back. I feel so desperate. I've got 9 weeks left and it feel like life sentence. I am so jealous of these woman that have great pregnancies. I can honestly say I feel incredibly ill for the whole thing and I feel like an effing invalid.

I know my baby will be worth it, but I am struggling so much right now. People see a pregnant person that doesn't look ill and think I'm just whinging ..but I'm in so much pain..there is nothing anyone can do. I'm fine, baby's fine I just have to sit it out. I cry all the time, I'm so desperate to feel normal again.

I love my baby so much but I need just one day free of pain..:sad:

I have no where else to vent this..thanks for listening..

Lillylolly
February 9th, 2011, 07:13 AM
It won't last. Soon is will be over and you will miss that big ol' belly and those precious kicks.

nuthinbutpink
February 9th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I know people that really struggle and I really feel for them. I am sorry you feel lousy. My last one was tough. I tried not to complain but you can't help how you feel.

Jojogirl
February 9th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I don't do pregnancy well. My pelvis starts to separate at 20 weeks but here I am planning another pregnancy. I don't know....it's so worth it. Remind me of that next time I'm preggo because I will forget when I'm miserable. LOL!

xnicolax
February 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Im with you too, I hate it with a passion. I have severe pelvis problems too in the second half of pregnancy which is beyond pain I can explain, it messed with my sanity. But even that aside, I hate it. I always felt so uncomfortable, ugly, self conscious and I have never missed it after the birth. It is soooooo worth it, but still, I wish sometimes the man could carry the baby.

Pixiedoll
February 9th, 2011, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=xnicolax;8275]Im with you too, I hate it with a passion. I have severe pelvis problems too in the second half of pregnancy which is beyond pain I can explain, it messed with my sanity. But even that aside, I hate it. I always felt so uncomfortable, ugly, self conscious and I have never missed it after the birth. It is soooooo worth it, but still, I wish sometimes the man could carry the baby.[/QUOTEO

Omegod so do I! My DH, bless him turned round and said 'I'm so sorry, I wish I could take her for an afternoon to give you a break!' . He's so lovely, I'm so lucky to have a man like that. Don't get me wrong I'd save this baby's life over mine I already love her so much, but being pregnant is my worst nightmare.

If the reward wasn't so massively brilliant I'd never o it in a million years. My DS's pregnancy was crap, this one is purely vile..

Wow these bubbas know where to get you!

Thanks for the words, I was sooo down earlier I get a bit desperate
xx

xnicolax
February 10th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Well if it were possible, i'd want him to take her for a little longer than an afternoon, lol. But bless him, my DH thinks its harder for a man! I am planning another pregnancy but am absolutely dreading it. It is the main reason I am going HT, it has to be a girl so I never have to do it again. If I didnt have to do the pregnancy, I would keep going naturally.

I hope the next 9 weeks goes quickly for you, I know it seems like forever when your waiting though. Hopefully she'll suprise you and come a week or 2 early X

ELP
February 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'm wishing the next 9 weeks away for you pixie the headaches sound evil:sad:

Liv
February 10th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I do not love being pregnant, especially at the end. I hope you feel better soon.

Azuremyst
February 10th, 2011, 03:22 PM
With 7-8 weeks left yeah im so over it LOL

BoyDreaming
February 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM
This is my fourth baby and I'm ready to be done. This pregnancy has been really hard on me so far. But if this turns out to be my fourth girl, I'd give it one more go as crazy as that sounds.

Pixiedoll
February 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Thankyou so much girls, had a better day today, DS has been an absolute angel for me all day and although the pain is still there my crazy hormones are in 'upbeat' mode..

So glad it's not just me being a moody pants about pregnancy. I really think people under estimate the strain of growing a human being!

love xxx

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM
YES. I hate it so, so much. In fact I think it's part of the reason (there were many reasons) why I stopped after my first two, which I SO regret now.

I"m thinking of you and hoping that time flies by superfast!!

Pixiedoll
February 17th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks atomic, 32 weeks today! ....and counting every second...

May I add I have new found respect for woman with big families. I wanted to sway for another DS in a few years time but I think someone will have to brain wash me first! ..lol xxx

Bee Shine
February 25th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I have never really enjoyed pregnancy. Of course I feel extremely lucky and am grateful to be pregnant, but it doesn't mean I enjoy it. I wish I was one of those women who glowed and loved it. Sadly I am not. I am sick the first trimester with bloating, gas, vomiting, nausea and just a constant feeling of unease. About the times these symptoms are going away and I am starting to feel good, I get heartburn, start to swell and feel uncomfortable. My nose starts to spread and I just get big everywhere.

During my first pregnancy I kept saying, my nose is spreading, I dont look like myself. And my best friend would tell me I looked normal, that it was in my head. Well after I had DS1 and I lost the weight and the swelling was gone she tells me "yeah your face really did change but I didnt want to tell you because what if it didnt go back?" Its a running joke now.

I get tired, winded easily and hate the way I look.

The only part of pregnancy I enjoy is feeling the baby move. I think that is one of the most special things on earth.

Sunrise
February 27th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Count me in. Not a fan of pregnancy at all and so glad this is my last one (unless we have an OOPS!). I make huge babies and I carry them ALL in front - by seven months on I look like most women at term. By the end I am a walking whale. I don't know why my body does it this way - I am tall but not very broad or large, and that huge bump in front just looks obscene, really; it does not even look like a part of me. DH jokes that the baby enters every room two seconds before I do.

I am 36 weeks now and no longer fit in my maternity clothes. Having to go up to huge sizes just to cover up. I'm so glad to have only a month to go - although my pregnancies always run late so very likely I actually have more like five or six weeks to hang on still. Trying to convince my OB to induce around 40 weeks - he is waffling.

Coccinelle33
February 28th, 2011, 11:12 PM
the only thing i loved about being pregnant is them kicks. loved it! but other than that it is just horrible. im not looking forward to putting myself though all of that again but it's worth it when your hold that little baby in your arms in the end.