PDA

View Full Version : Gender Party Ideas

Butterfly Spirit
September 2nd, 2012, 07:56 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm starting to plan my gender party for mine and DH's family and I was wondering if any ladies have any ideas for really fun games for men and women to play.
I thought some of you may have had awesome baby showers before or been to one. So I will just incorporate the shower games into the gender party.

I would like to go beyond the classics like: baby food game, diaper chocolate game, baby bottle game, dress the doll blind folded etc.

Some new fun ones I have found are not kid friendly but hilarious!
The plunger toilet paper 'how babies are made' game, and the cucumber passing game.

One that I have found I think would be fun
It's for men only. They hold a phone to their ear and have a baby doll under the crook of their arm while they hang baby's clothes on a 'clothes line' that two people are holding.

Another one where they have to blow up a balloon and put it under their shirt after which they have to tie their shoes.

Also there was a musical pass the present around a circle where a present was wrapped in several layers of paper and every time the music stops the person opens a layer of the paper.

That's what I have come up with thus far. Maybe the last two games.

Then an oldie from the first baby shower DH and I had from his family with DS#1
A bowl of rice and small and med sized safety pins! It's FUN and challenging!

As for the gender reveal I think DH and I will just take the 'pretend' U/S scan result to the party store or bakery and we will either fill a box with pink balloons or have the baker bake a cake with pink inside... I just love the balloon box thing though, that's what I did for my mom.

Thanks for your help ladies!
I can't wait to have this fun simple little party...his family is going to go nuts at the result!!!!!!

mrshonyez
September 9th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Just wanted to say that I love the ideas you have so far! I want to watch this thread to see what other ladies come up with since we are thinking of doing a gender reveal party too :)

Butterfly Spirit
September 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Just wanted to say that I love the ideas you have so far! I want to watch this thread to see what other ladies come up with since we are thinking of doing a gender reveal party too :)

AWESOME!!!!:)

Butterfly Spirit
September 13th, 2012, 06:14 AM
So ladies, I barely ever craft..but I want to make a nice banner for my gender party. Do scrapbook stores sell pre-cut circles or letters to go in them? Thank you!

Cinss
September 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Yo could have black baloons hanging up filled with pink glitter or confetti, then have your guests pop 1 each at the time of reveal, then the whole room would be showered in pink, and gives everyone the opotrunity to join in, it would be rather messy though.

Butterfly Spirit
September 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Yo could have black baloons hanging up filled with pink glitter or confetti, then have your guests pop 1 each at the time of reveal, then the whole room would be showered in pink, and gives everyone the opotrunity to join in, it would be rather messy though.

I like that idea! I thought of a single black balloon but my DH hates glitter and confetti. LOL

BeadinMom
September 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Are you on Pinterest? They have a LOT of cute ideas on there. A girlfriend of mine was trying to decide how to reveal her new baby girl's gender and we had a board set up together - anytime I found something I thought was cute, I'd post it to her board.

I planned my sisters' baby showers...one of the games I thought was cute and not annoying (I hate shower games, LOL) was "My water broke" You freeze little babies, plastic safety pins, little baby bottles (I bought a bag of them from Walmart) into ice****s. When someone's baby (etc) breaks free from the **** in their drink, they scream, "MY water broke!" and they win a prize. LOL.

The other thing I LOVE, is to have a bowl of beads with 2 strings - each guest makes a wish for the baby & a wish for the mom and strings a bead on each ribbon. When mom goes into labor, she takes the necklaces & all the wishes of her family and friends with her to give her strength.

Good luck, Butterfly and please take lots of pics!!

Butterfly Spirit
September 13th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks Beadin, I have looked on there.. LOVE IT!
I actually did get inspired last night from there.

I already warned DH I will be making decorations and that he will drop me off at a craft store..and I won't be pressured by him or screaming kids. I rarely have money to be crafty and I LOVE it. And my mom gave me some money..soo he can't say a word. lol It's on the 30th so I've still got a bit to plan.

I do like the games you mentioned.

I promise I will take pics!!!!!