PDA

View Full Version : Im O'ing to late! help! what CD do you O on, and how long is your cycle?

mkarntz1980
February 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Okay I dont know if its from taking the B6 100mg for 1 week ( i took it about 6 weeks ago) but the b6 delayed my 5-6 days.....I now get a + OPK on CD 18 or 19....im guessing I O on CD 19 or 20. Now my cycles are 34 days long!!!!! I have read BAD things about O'ing so late! I was gonna try vitex, but technically my cycles are regular now.....I am just O'ing later which affected when AF comes. any advice?

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM
There is nothing wrong with Oing late. Nothing at all, either medically or for swaying. That may just be your natural cycle. It is not believed to sway in any way.

The length of your cycle from AF-O does not make any difference at all. The only thing that matters about cycle length is your luteal phase (the number of days from when you ovulate to when you get AF). Your luteal phase needs to be between 12-14 days long so the fertilized egg has time to stick in your uterine lining. Again, it doesn't sway to have a short LP but it can prevent you from getting pregnant.

ETA - when I was younger, below age 25 or so, my cycle was as long as 50-60 days and my periods were very heavy. Then after I had my first two sons my cycle stabilized at 28-30 days and my periods were very light. (I haven't had a period for a really long time because of breastfeeding.)