PDA

View Full Version : Only 5 weeks along and already going crazy about gender?!

Blue chance2013
September 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I am only 5 weeks pregnant and I am already being a crazy person about the baby's sex. I just don't know if I can wait until 20 weeks, it seems sooooooo far away. I didn't really sway so I don't want to get my hopes up about having a boy. So i keep telling myself that I am having another girl so I won't be disappointed....but then I start to think....what if I am having a boy, but I jinx myself somehow by thinking it is a girl. I know it is crazy, but I can't help but think.

My OB office only does a 7 weeks ultrasound, a 20 week scan, and then a 34 week scan. So I don't even have a chance for the nub shot theory. (Even though part of me did think about putting off making a doctors appt. until i'm 12 weeks......again CRAZY i know.)

I also started playing silly games with myself. Like... if the next person on the TV screen is a male then I'm having a boy....if a female then i'm having a girl.

When I first found out I was pregnant I had a gut feeling it was a girl and I was actually ok with it. Thinking that my DD will have a sister close in age. But now I feel like I will be pretty sad if it is a girl, because it is our last and I will never experience having a boy.

Oh well...hopefully I don't go too crazy until my gender scan :nails: Nothing much I can really do but wait I guess.

Any ideas on how to pass the time? Thanks for letting me vent girls.

dloui128
September 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Do you have the option to have a private scan?

Butterfly Spirit
September 6th, 2012, 09:16 PM
I think pretty soon here you'll be paying attention to symptoms, cravings, and morning sickness, and that will keep your focus off of things. Just try not to think about it, or you will drive yourself crazy! Because some time does have to pass until even the nubby pic stage.
Once I hit 10 weeks 12 weeks were here fast and I found out I couldn't get a gender scan..I myself did put off my 12 week until my 14th week appt. And my doc ended up not knowing how to scan me anyway..So that's when I went for my private was the very next day. DH and I don't regret the money spent at all..and it was nice to find out much earlier than we were used to.

So, I would start saving for a private scan.. talk to your DH about it too.
Make sure you look online at all the places you can go before you go..because some places offer internet deals. I got one.. like $15 off! Every bit helps!

The Anchor
September 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Trust me when I say...you are not the only obsessed person on this site! I think we've all got a bit of that bug, to some extent. Doesn't your OB do the nuchal screen? Usually 11 to 13 weeks...

Rosie85
September 14th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I have that bug too, I was shopping yesterday and was in a daze staring at girly baby clothes, somehow trying to see if there was a connection with the onsie, LOL

Cinss
September 16th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Well it is what it is, nothing you can do now can change the gender so you just have to accept it. I am in the same boat 5 weeks pregnant with a not so boy sway and hoping for a boy. Im sure you could ask for a 12 week scan instead of the 7week one, or an extra one? You can get those gender pee test things online some people believe they work others dont, i did use one just for fun with my DD and it was correct at 10 weeks.

cape grace
September 16th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Hi girls... i am in the obsessed club too - going on seven weeks now and i am thinking of not finding out the gender until birth or just before to avoid disappointment of hearing boy! I thought i would get a scan at 16 weeks but now i am feeling if i hear boy it will be a long pregnancy and as much as i wish i could say i wouldnt be devestated i think i would be! So...has anyone else felt like this ? is my logic mad? I guess i am scared but sometimes i imagine hearing girl and my heart skips! Lately i keep meeting people with four or five boys or hearing stories of families with all boys and i am wondering is it a sign for me?? Is it???!!!!

NearlyDone
September 18th, 2012, 12:58 PM
lol i was the same with everyone of mine

Blue chance2013
September 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hey girls! Glad to see im not the only one going crazy :). I go for my first ultrasound on friday the 28th to check for heart beat and check dates. I will be 8 weeks by then.

I am starting to feel a little less anxious about gender now. Instead I am freaking out about having a miscarriage. I have no cramping or bleeding to give me reason to worry. But every twinge of pain I have freaks me out. I'm sure once I am done with the first trimester I will go back to obsessing about gender. :worry:

With my DD my obgyn didn't do a NT scan but I also declined the blood test so maybe I declined the NT scan with out knowing? I am going to get the blood test this time around so I will ask about the NT scan also.

Blue chance2013
September 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hi girls... i am in the obsessed club too - going on seven weeks now and i am thinking of not finding out the gender until birth or just before to avoid disappointment of hearing boy! I thought i would get a scan at 16 weeks but now i am feeling if i hear boy it will be a long pregnancy and as much as i wish i could say i wouldnt be devestated i think i would be! So...has anyone else felt like this ? is my logic mad? I guess i am scared but sometimes i imagine hearing girl and my heart skips! Lately i keep meeting people with four or five boys or hearing stories of families with all boys and i am wondering is it a sign for me?? Is it???!!!!

I have also thought about not finding out until birth, but then decided against it. I think I would do better if I found out at 20 weeks so I would have time to get use to the fact of having another girl. I want to be able to accept it so there are no doubts or disappointment when the baby finally arrives.

I think it really depends on your personality type. I have seen a lot of ladies decide to wait until birth to find out and were happy they did so. Once you have that precious baby in your arms I am sure it is a lot harder to be disappointed :) Plus you get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy with that excitment of "is it a boy or girl" type of feeling.

I also keep my eye out for people with two kids to see what gender they are. It seems like everyone has two of the same gender and then the third or fourth is the opposite. So I feel like I will most likely have another girl because that seems to be the theme...lol I don't plan on having any more kids after this so we will see.....

I hope you get your girl!! Did you sway?