PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer?

EllieRose
September 9th, 2012, 03:56 AM
So I need your help! What do you think? Ellie Rose or Isabelle Rose.. Or neither? Please feel free to add your suggestions :) thank you :)

Butterfly Spirit
September 9th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Isabella..Rose...and..you..could...call..er...Bell a...sorry...my...keybord..is...broken..lol

hopingforsaskia
September 9th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Ellie is gorgeous, and you've always loved it. Go with that I think! :)

Otherwise, maybe Estelle Rose? Can be shortened to Elle/Ellie. Sybella Rose, Arabella Rose... All of those can be shortened to Elle/Ellie. Good luck, and congrats on your girl! :)

mydream
September 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I like Ellie Rose and it's always been in your heart to name her that. If you are looking for her to have a more formal name that she may want to use when she gets older you could name her Ellieana Rose so she can choose at some point if she wants to shorten to Ellie or not. Just a thought !!
Congrats by the way!!!

dreamingpink77
September 9th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I like Ellie Rose, then as you said, perhaps when she is older she might want to be called Elle, kind of more serious and professional, it's also very feminine :) By the way, congrats on having your so much wanted baby girl :)

mummypink
September 9th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I think Isabella Rose is beautiful but I like Ellie Rose too and if that is what you have always wanted then go with that. I don't think it sounds funny with your surname so don't worry about that.

Huge congratulations on your baby girl! :D

jennaesue
September 9th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I think the name is very cute, but I agree it's very nicknamey. I generally don't like to give nicknames as given names. How about Eleanor Rose, but she goes by Ellie? Or Ella Rose.

Butterfly Spirit
September 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I think the name is very cute, but I agree it's very nicknamey. I generally don't like to give nicknames as given names. How about Eleanor Rose, but she goes by Ellie? Or Ella Rose.

I..was..also...pointin...towards..Ella!!..Nickname ..would...be...Ellie!....Keyboard...broken..lol

atomic sagebrush
September 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I am personally not a huge fan of Isabelle and vastly prefer Ellie Rose, but is there a way you could encorporate Ellie into a different name like Ella or Stella and then use Ellie Rose as a nn??

Mrs_P
September 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I'm biased as Isabelle is my all time favourite girl name, its so classic and pretty and would suit a girl or all ages. I've loved it ever since i was little and watched beauty and the beast (belle). You could call her izzy, belle, elle etc so many choices for her to invent herself in whatever form when she is older.

I have a friend with a little girl called Ellen who calls her ellie so you could always give her a different formal name but call her Ellie

TTC5
September 10th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Isabelle Rose :)

I have an Isabella Rose ;)

EllieRose
September 13th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm really not a fan of Eleanor and can't use Ella as its in the fam. I much prefer Elle, belle or e sounding names.

I've thought about going with Isabelle and calling her Ellie as a nn but I am also of the thought if u want to name your child Ellie and that's what u are going to call her u should just choose that rather than complicate the issue with having two names iykwim.

Anymore advice? Need all the voting and thoughts I can get!! So confused xx

Butterfly Spirit
September 13th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm really not a fan of Eleanor and can't use Ella as its in the fam. I much prefer Elle, belle or e sounding names.

I've thought about going with Isabelle and calling her Ellie as a nn but I am also of the thought if u want to name your child Ellie and that's what u are going to call her u should just choose that rather than complicate the issue with having two names iykwim.

Anymore advice? Need all the voting and thoughts I can get!! So confused xx

Go with Ellie Rose, it is beautiful!

Rosie85
September 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I like Ellie Rose. I have a friend that just had an Ella Mae, so cute!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I have an Ava Rose. And if this baby is a girl, I will call her Ella Grace. I like Ellie Rose.

MrsTreasure
November 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I love Ellie Rose. My sister's daughter is called Isabelle and we call her Ellie for short so you could do that? I don't see anything wrong with having Ellie as her proper first name though, it is much less common and so pretty

The Anchor
November 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Ellie Rose :agree:

Falling2Grace
February 8th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I like Ellie Rose better.
Personally, i feel like Isabelle/Isabella/etc are way too overused, but that would boil down to how comfortable YOU are with that fact. It would bug me, though it is still a sweet name.

mumof6
March 23rd, 2013, 04:01 AM
i love Isabelle Rose