PDA

View Full Version : Our Girl Sway Plan (lots of questions . . . long)

Inky
September 9th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Doctor had me stop the diet, which wasn't affecting my PH anyway. (It was 4.5 the month before I started the diet and 4.5 after a month of being on the diet). But here are the things we are doing:

PH:
Keeping it at 4.5. If it goes up at any point I use rephresh.
Using TBM so we can lower husband's PH first. (Actually, we use a diva cup)
(I've read some places say lower dh's sample to 7 and some places say lower it to 4. We've been lowering it to 4. Should we try lowering it to 5 or 6 instead? I don't want to kill ALL the sperm lol.)

SUPPLEMENTS
me:
-Calcium Citrate
-Magnesium
-Acidophilus

*I also take "Pregnancy Prep" and Clomid 50mg CD3-7* Also taking Folic Acid and Zinc.

dh:
-Calcium Citrate
-Magnesium
-Acidophilus
-Cranberry

IONS:
I wear a Dr. Ion bracelet, using fans in the house all the time, use an Ionic Air Purifier, burn lavender beeswax candles, always have my rock salt lamp on at my bedside, and use the anion pads.

TIMING:
We've been going for O+12, but we haven't been TOO strict with this. I heard that timing is the least important factor and that the reason O+12 works is because your PH/CM is more favorable to girls at that time. Is this true? (My PH/CM is more favorable to girls either way. I've never been one to have a lot of fertile CM, and now that I am Clomid I have even less, AND I take sudafed before our attempts).

IDK if this goes under timing, but we tried to have my husband do the withholding for 7 days, but then I always want to try AGAIN after that, so we also do as many attempts as we can after that initial one (frequent release I heard is OK for girl swaying too). QUESTION though: Why does withholding for 7 days sway girl? Why does frequent release sway girl?

OTHER
DH wears tight fitting briefs and takes hot shower before attempt.

Me Being Excessive (could use help here from people with lots of knowledge about this stuff):
So, no judgement please, but I did want to try/did try extreme gender swaying.
I have a centrifuge and an incubator, so I was going to do centrifuge and swim up. So, I think I've actually give up on this, and here's why.
My egg whites end up mixing in when I try to do swim up, so I end up losing most/all of the sample. The centrifuge on the other hand, I can use successfully if I don't use ANYTHING other than the sample (I get a VERY obvious pellet from this). However, doesn't that do NOTHING if I don't use the density materials? I tried that, but when I did the pellet was less obvious, but still there.
From what I understand, this only affects sway a very small amount anyway (and probably not at all if I'm doing it wrong) and what I really need to do for extreme gender swaying is the swim up method.
Except every time I try to get the swim up method right, I end up losing my ENTIRE sample. It's just not worth it. And then I'm stressed feeling like I "ruined everything" when in reality the worst case scenario is that I did a regular sway instead of an extreme sway, if I didn't succeed in the sperm separation. Except, of course, that I got rid of a ton of sperm TRYING to do this, and it's not worth getting rid of sperm unless I am successfully increasing the ration of female-to-male sperm. I've heard of making mesh nets to help keep the EW and sample separated, but that sounds like a PAIN. I do wonder if a paper towel would work at all lol. (No really, I want to know. X.x) That wouldn't stress me to try, anyway.Despite how it sounds, I want it to be simple. I don't mind if it's a process as long as it's not stressful.
I'm wondering if it is possible the centrifuge helps a little even if I'm not using the solution, because it definitely is doing some kind of separation when I use it.
In the meantime, can someone please remind me that I didn't "ruin" my sway just because I tried extreme gender swaying and couldn't get my science equipment to cooperate? I mean, it's still a sway either way . . . right? If it didn't help, then all it did was lessen my chances of pregnancy by wasting sperm.
I'm not sure I will try these extreme methods again in the future, but if there is a way I can do it WITHOUT the stress, I might. Like using the centrifuge without the different solutions, for example, is REALLY easy and kind of fun. But POINTLESS if it doesn't help at all without the solutions, and I'm not going to do it with the solutions again because it will stress me out to waste sperm if it's not separating nicely. And the swim up method . . . I'm not trying that again unless there is an easy way to layer the eggwhite on the sample, and I'm sensing there isn't.

Maybe I just need reassurance that PH is a good swaying factor, that I'm doing enough without the extreme measures. But how effective IS swaying. I know it's not 100%. But is it the different of 55/45 instead of 49/51? Or like 60/40? I guess I'd feel good about having a 70% chance, but what are the odds, really?

Thanks for all your time, especially anyone who actually got through this entire post.

Butterfly Spirit
September 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Your sway looks really good..but you might consider the fertility herb Vitex too..maybe a lube too.
Plus, anything that causes stress..like centrifuge then don't do it..as stress raises testosterone. BTW I don't know what centrifuge even is. ;)
I would not recommend O+12..it greatly reduces the chances of even getting pregnant..because the egg only lives so long and the sperm have to go though a maturation process to be able to penetrate the egg.
Atomic, is one of the master moderators and she has written a fabulous essay called 'The Trouble With Timing...
Dr. Shettles was wrong when he thought he saw XX and XY sperm...what he really saw was sperm in that maturation process called Capacitation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitation)

Inky
September 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks!

I think Vitex is IN pregnancy prep :)

Yes, I heard that about stress. that's why I don't want to centrifuge unless it's effective without the aspects of it that cause stress. If I can do it without using some kind of medium, then I'm all good (because then it's kind of methodic, and methodic for me is VERY relaxing--takes my mind of the things in life that ARE stressful). (A centrifuge is a a machine that spins samples)

So O+12 isn't necessary? That'd be great news. I will look up the essay on the trouble with timing and revise my timing method :) I think it worked out this month that I did it at like O-12 and O. (I had been aiming for O and O+12, but sounds like it's slightly better if it DIDN'T work out that way?)

Thank you for reading my posts and answering my questions, Butterfly. I feel so welcomed here :)

bythestream
September 10th, 2012, 12:43 AM
I would say don't do O+12 either especially not on clomid, you have a really low probability of falling pregnant.

I would stop taking the pregnancy prep and the zinc but KEEP TAKING the folic acid, adding extra vitamins in a supplement sways blue.

Don't stress about ph read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/11684-ph-pickle.html

Don't worry about timing when on clomid because abstaining or frequent release may decrease your chances of getting pregnant and when you're on clomid you want to be pregnant asap

i wouldn't do the refresh because clomid already makes your vj pretty hostile to sperm.

And don't stress about the extreme gender sway because it will make it hard to get pregnant.

bythestream
September 10th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Good luck Im really hoping you get your little girl

Inky
September 10th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Well, i probably totally ruined this month and killed all the sperm.

so if I were simplifying for next month:

yes to the diet
no to supplements except the folic acid
no EGS
don't worry about PH? My husband's PH is 9. Should I not bring it down AT ALL? If I should a little, what should I bring it down to?
Should I use preseed since I'm on clomid, or is that going to counter my sway? Or just nothing at all?

and for DTD, I should do it every day? And from when to when? Is multiple times a day OK?

Thanks soooo much for helping.

wilma_five
September 10th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Clomid and diet alone is really perfect for a girl sway!

Mum23boys
September 10th, 2012, 03:08 AM
I agree diet and folic acid for you with your clomid and leave it at that - U want to get pregnant ASAP on that stuff and all the other stuff isnt proven anyway - doing too muc will ruin your chances and the longer your on clomid the worse for you.

Inky
September 10th, 2012, 03:19 AM
OK, thanks :)

Do we DTD every day through O?

Mum23boys
September 10th, 2012, 03:47 AM
To maximise chances I would but it's personal preference. I will be trying for 0-3 0-2 0-1 +opk and then the day after too do 5 attempts but I'm impatient and want to be pregnant NOW :-)

Butterfly Spirit
September 10th, 2012, 04:55 AM
If you do Clomid...you don't do much else..it sways pink all by itself, and on it you need to get pregnant as FAST as possible. With Vitex, you can do all you want to sway with it. Take it AF-almost O...because if you take it too close to ovulation..it can supress it.

Inky
September 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Thank you! Very helpful. So we will start BD at O-3 and go through O next cycle :)

atomic sagebrush
September 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
bumping for myself to answer tomorrow, it's a bit long and I'm kind of worn out now

atomic sagebrush
September 16th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Inky, I can tell by your post that you're doing more of an Ingender-style sway so bear with me, we don't do things the same way as IG does so some of this info will seem confusing at first but please just ASK about anything that seems contradictory, I promise there are good reasons why we say and believe everything we do. I'm going to post some links that have full explanations and I hope you read them because they will go a long way towards explaining why a lot of the claims that are made regarding timing, pH, etc are not going to help you get a daughter and may even sway BLUE by (as you've already noticed) making you so stressed out that your testosterone levels go through the roof. High T swaying blue is one thing that IG and Gender Dreaming are in agreement on.

1)Diet does not affect pH regardless of what you read anywhere on the Internet. If the pH of your body goes outside a certain very narrow range, you will DIE. Your doctor will verify this as fact. We have a diet that's easier to stick to and healthier by far than the IG Diet if you are interested in that.

2)pH is NOT a good swaying factor. Not at all. I can't give you that assurance. I would NOT rely on pH to sway gender. The stats on IG for EGS (unless they've suddenly had a big run of success recently) for pink were 50-50 and hundreds of people got pH opposites (both pink and blue). All you're doing is cutting down your odds of pregnancy for something that is not proven to sway one iota.
Please read: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/11684-ph-pickle.html and http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html

Regarding EGS, we've chosen not to do EGS on this site because neither I nor the site owner (nuthinbutpink who is an expert in high tech methods of gender selection) believe it is possible and we don't want people wasting their money or time on it. I've written about TBM here but the arguments apply to EGS as well : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/2598-how-do-tbm-why-you-probably-shouldnt-do-gender-swaying.html Also, you may not know this but Dr. Ericsson (who originally came up with the idea of swim up, etc) has admitted that numbers of X and Y sperm are still 50-50 after sperm spinning but claims that these spun sperm are then somehow able to go on to produce babies in other than 50-50 ratio. Other researchers have not been able to back up these claims. So that begs the question, if trained lab technicians using state of the art equipment and supplies made for laboratories to exacting specifications, even Dr. ERicsson himself or those trained by him, can't alter the gender ratio from 50-50, does it really make any more sense that anyone at home using egg whites and sugar water, could be doing anything at all whatsoever???

3)Aside from whether they work or not, I BEG you not to do these extreme sway measures while taking Clomid. You can only be on Clomid a short time and you NEED to get pg as quickly as possible on Clomid. Full explanations are here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1191-clomid.html and here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7997-swaying-clomid-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-2-a.html You are risking your fertility both in the short and long term, and even CANCER if you take Clomid for any longer than is absolutely necessary.

4)I don't personally believe calcium sways pink and you can read why here. (this is the least concerning to me of everything you're doing so if you're at info overload, save this till another day.) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html This is a three part essay and links to the other two are at the end of the first one.

5)Timing really, really, really does not sway. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7691-trouble-timing.html I do not believe the O+12 stuff is true at all because it is VERY difficult, if not impossible to conceive that far after ovulation. Many eggs only live 12 hours after ovulation and it takes time for the sperm to capacitate and make it to the egg. Case against O+12 http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1291-o-12-part-1-history-o-12-a.html and here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/1293-o-12-part-3-advantages-disadvantages-o-12-a.html

Also, since you are on Clomid, you NEED to get pg as quickly as possible and so timing is not something you should include even just in case. You don't have the luxury of time on your side.

6)Since you're on Clomid I urge you to forgo frequency and just TTC but if you must (or if you'd just like to be fully informed before making a decision) Frequency and swaying is here:
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/5636-frequency-bd-pink-blue.html and if you MUST do abstain + more than one attempt you can read how to do that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/2728-abstaining-frequent-release-mixing-cutoff-o-12-a.html

And an explanation of WHY frequency might sway is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/10156-jellybean-factory-%96-understanding-sperm-count-frequency.html

I know this is a lot to throw at you in a short time so hopefully not too overwhelming. If you want to know what we are basing all this on and why we are different from IG http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7507-ig-vs-gd-swaying-whats-difference-who-atomic-sagebrush-anyway.html and http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/12340-understanding-trivers-willard-hypothesis.html

atomic sagebrush
September 16th, 2012, 02:13 PM
PS - also I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I am still settling in after the birth of my baby and things are a little hectic here. :)

atomic sagebrush
September 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Well, i probably totally ruined this month and killed all the sperm.

so if I were simplifying for next month:

yes to the diet
no to supplements except the folic acid
no EGS
don't worry about PH? My husband's PH is 9. Should I not bring it down AT ALL? If I should a little, what should I bring it down to?
Should I use preseed since I'm on clomid, or is that going to counter my sway? Or just nothing at all?

and for DTD, I should do it every day? And from when to when? Is multiple times a day OK?

Thanks soooo much for helping.

Use Preseed with Clomid only if you are not getting pg AFTER having dropped everything else.

Frequency on Clomid - it depends on how long you've gone on not getting pg. If you've only taken Clomid for a month, you have a little leeway to try frequency. If you've just done 5 months on Clomid and not conceived doing all the EGS stuff, you need to drop everything and use SMEP found here: Sperm Meets Egg Plan (http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm) because you need to get pg immediately.

Inky
September 16th, 2012, 07:04 PM
You are AMAZING! I've been reading, and everything makes sense. If I am not pregnant this cycle (and I don't feel it) then I want to try a GD sway. Seems WAY less stressful, and the LE diet seems more manageable. you are an angel to take the time to give me all this information and to explain to me the answers to the questions I had. Thank you so much!

Inky
September 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
One more question:

For the next cycle, do you think we should do frequent release AF-O Could we do like 2x a day for CD7-14 on top of that or should we not do that?

I guess my plan is to do the LE diet and clomid and my ions and nothing else, plus some kind of FR plan. Would that be a good sway?

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
1) I would just do FR from Af-O. Guys are really getting depleted just from FR once a day. The other option (2x a day) is fine for shorter periods but not after that long of FR to begin with.

2)Yes, I think that's a fine pla, but I would drop the FR after 1-2 months if you don't get pg and switch to SMEP.

Inky
September 22nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks! You are amazing! Next cycle, I will do FR 1x a day AF to O. If that doesn't work, I'll try SMEP.

I am late again for AF and worried though this might be my third chemical in a row, so I probably need to talk to the doctor about that, too :(

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
The Clomid can help with chemicals too because it can help make better eggs and also will extend your LP to give fertilized eggs more time to implant. :agree:

Inky
September 23rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks! My doctor told me it would help with my LP, but I didn't know it might also help with chemicals. My LP used to be 10 days but last cycle it was 12 and this cycle it has been 14 so far (this is my first cycle on Clomid). I definitely had a stronger O this month and I O'd earlier (which was nice). And I didn't have any negative side effects (knock on wood!).