PDA

View Full Version : if you're wondering why swaying is SO complicated...

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
...and opposites happen in even the best sways, take a gander at this. You may be conceiving more of a particular gender because of things that your parents and even grandparents did that have affected your overall health positively or negatively.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/09/opinion/sunday/why-fathers-really-matter.html?pagewanted=all

wilma_five
September 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Ok, so now I have to blame my grandpa's? ;)

Very interesting by the way!!

Zivic-Bubac
September 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM
This is interesting...and it's good news in a way, it's not ALL my fault :wink:
Bible is talking about it: 'The parents have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.' (Jeremiah,31:29)

atomic sagebrush
September 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Z, I think it's very probable that this would affect blue swayers more than pink swayers. I really think swaying blue is harder than swaying pink. :heart:

Dreamofpink
September 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Why do you think that Atomic? It's music to my ears though! It certainly doesn't feel that way as I'm sure you know, especially when we seem to be surrounded by people who have girls without a second thought about it. It's a fascinating theory borne out by study results that the health of our grandparents can impact ours. One of my friend's hubby works in the field of epi-genetics and I love hearing snippets of new theories etc.

atomic sagebrush
September 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Because it's my personal belief based on Trivers Willard http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/12340-understanding-trivers-willard-hypothesis.html that declining maternal and possibly paternal condition/lower fertility for either party that sways, and thus some people may conceive girls due to biological factors that are largely unchangeable (such as, their husband has low sperm count because his mom was exposed to dioxins or because he got kicked in the nuts a lot playing sports as a child.) I do not believe that they are incapable of conceiving a boy, just that it may be a lot harder and come down a lot more to luck than it does for others.

The Anchor
September 13th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Z, I think it's very probable that this would affect blue swayers more than pink swayers. I really think swaying blue is harder than swaying pink. :heart:

So, I understand that the factors noted in this article are more conducive to a pink sway...but do you mean that, in general, you think swaying boy is harder than swaying girl?

atomic sagebrush
September 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM
So, I understand that the factors noted in this article are more conducive to a pink sway...but do you mean that, in general, you think swaying boy is harder than swaying girl?

I think the actual act of swaying is ~probably~ easier for those swaying blue (then again I'm a boy mom who eats a lot naturally and I know a lot of the blue swayers find HE Diet tortuous), but that it may be more difficult for people who are really and truly "set" for pink, to overcome that and get a boy. If you're having more girls than boys because of something that happened to you or your husband in childhood or because of something yoru great-grandmother did, it may not be easily changed.