PDA

View Full Version : Already obsessing.... Great :-/

TexasMommy
September 11th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I have 3 daughters. My youngest is 9 months old. I suffered from a lot of GD when i found out she was a girl. Ive longed to have a son for so long & i feel like its only dream, one that will never come true. After I gave birth i fell in love & ofcourse wouldnt trade her. But i stil catch myself looking at little boys... i want one. JUST ONE!!! DH & i had agreed to sway blue for our next attempt which we thought would be in a few years. Well surprise. Im pregnant. Completely unplanned, which means no sway. Im excited about the pregnancy but i cant stop thinking that we didnt sway. DH says he is 100% positive its another girl and honestly.. i feel it too. Im only 5 wks 6 days & already obsessing over the gender. Ill be able to find out the week of Thanksgiving, which is a lifetime away. This is our last child, no doubt, we will not have anymore. So, this is our last shot at a son. I hate that the gender is so important but it is... :worry:

nuthinbutpink
September 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Well, it can be a boy. It can. If not, it must be meant to be. Good luck and how nice to get to skip the sway if it does work out!

jennaesue
September 11th, 2012, 09:29 AM
That is exactly how I felt when I became very unexpectedly pregnant with ds#3. We had been planning one more shot at a girl and there it went out the window. Life has a funny way of happening while we are making other plans, doesn't it?

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

ELP
September 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Congratulations Texas, I truly hope this is a suprise little man for you xxx

4 blues~hopingforpink~
September 11th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I know EXACTLY how u feel! I could have wrote Your story.... I have 4 boys and DH and I had agreed to try and sway, but havent been ready to start Trying yet and surprise I find out Im pregnant!! So unplanned and unexpected... No swaying involved, I think the only things I have in my favor is that I had been drinking diet soda for the last 4 months and we didn't DTD much not to mention it was the pull out method so I have NO idea how I got pregnant so easy! Anyhow I know how Your feeling Its totally normal, I feel the same way as this will be our last to! You never know this could be Your BOY.... I know Its hard to but think positive! Ill send you some of my blue dust!! Hope everything works out for you and you get Your dream baby.

Mrs_P
September 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I know exactly how your feeling but in reverse, i had such bad gd with ds3 have been really quite scared to try again. Part of me really wants another baby as i lost so much of my last pregnancy to gd and i love being a mom, plus my boys are great and i know after my horrible experience last time it will be ok and i love another boy. Part of me says i just want a daughter, my boys are great but i'm happy with 3 they click really well and a fourth boy would ruin all of that. I really wanted to adopt but my dh would rather try again and have another son that adopt.

Shame we can't just swap if we get the same again!!! Chin up, fingers are crossed for you that you get your boy, i know a few families that have 3 of one sex and 1 of the other, no swaying involved at least as far as i know

Blue chance2013
September 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I could have written your post too. We were planing on starting our sway this month, but I found out I was pregnant last month. I am hoping for a boy also, but feel that since I didn't sway I will have another girl. I am 5 weeks 6d and will have to wait until december to find out gender.....seems soooo far away. I am already going crazy thinking about gender :/

I really hope you get your boy. Good Luck!!

The Anchor
September 12th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Hi Texas...don't worry about the obsessing, I think just about every person in this forum is obsessing in one form or another. And there are super swayers that got opposites and non-swayers that got their DG. Don't lose hope, you may have even been doing a gentle sway without know it...high stress, high fertility, supplements like vitamin D and fish oil all sway blue. GL!

lisa3delta
September 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Kind of similar thing happened to me, we had two girls and i really wanted a boy but DH wasnt sure he wanted any more kids at all. Well ONE bd session where he couldnt be bothered to reach for the pack of condoms (that were right behind him) in the heat of the moment resulted in pregnancy.

I was SO sure it was gonna be my son just because i wanted one so bad, i mean, why else would this have happened right? turns out it was in fact my third daughter. But i dont put much stock in swaying so i wasnt so worried and im still not, you just hear too many stories about sways going the opposite way you know? I am now in the 2ww (1dpo!) and am hoping for a boy FX for you and me both, its all in fate's hands!