PDA

View Full Version : Skrimpy's scan pics - UPDATE post #26 - opened the envelope!

skrimpy
September 11th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Update in post #26 :)

Okay from our scan at 20w 5d. Tech did not reveal gender (and DH covered my eyes when she said she was measuring the legs!). But I was flipping through our pictures and have a shot that has me wondering. So here are the pics. Suspicious shot is the last :p

Sweet lil profile...

Hand in front of face, I thought this was the most amazing shot!

Foot. Always love the feet.

Here's the shot that has me wondering. What do you think?

3Pink1Blue
September 11th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I agree, very suspicious :wink:

homebirthing princess
September 11th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Hmmmm I'm no ultrasound wizz but is that a peepee? X

Hobbermittens
September 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I wonder about that last shot..... Hmmmmmm.....

zanacal
September 11th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Ooh, it does look very willy like!

dloui128
September 11th, 2012, 04:46 PM
that looks like one of my boy shots :)

Yahmama
September 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cute baby, and, yes! That looks very boyish!!

nuthinbutpink
September 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
You posted it so I'm saying it- that's a boy!

ELP
September 12th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Thats probably the most suspicious shot I've ever seen lol!! I wonder how long that envelope is gonna stay closed:bigsmile: xxxxx

Butterfly Spirit
September 12th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hmm....I'm gonna have to say :diaper:

The feeling I get from looking at your scan pics is STRONG!

lucy_x
September 12th, 2012, 09:10 AM
:DS: !!

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Thats probably the most suspicious shot I've ever seen lol!! I wonder how long that envelope is gonna stay closed:bigsmile: xxxxx

DH left it here to tempt me...

Yahmama
September 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
DH left it here to tempt me...
Did you and DH talk about what to do or did he just leave it there without telling you he was going to? Id be so tempted to open it too...that's why I didn't even think of doing the envelope cause I knew I wouldn't have self control!

love-my-kids
September 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
looks like a little boy!

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Did you and DH talk about what to do or did he just leave it there without telling you he was going to? Id be so tempted to open it too...that's why I didn't even think of doing the envelope cause I knew I wouldn't have self control!

He wants me to open it... He gave it to me. He says that I already know from the profile shot and should just open it!

He was going to take it to work with him, and I think he would have done that. He was picking on me about just taking a peek when we were in the van running errands after the u/s yesterday and I told him I already had a big hunch... He asked if I'd seen something at the scan and I said I wasn't sure what I saw at the start of the scan (and he covered my eyes during money area measures!) - but I did tell him I thought the tech had messed up with one of the pics.

When we parked he asked me to show him, and he said it was convincing enough for him to think boy bits.

So he says we essentially already know and he gave me the envelope once we'd gotten home and MIL left (she was watching the kids for us).

I think I'm probably going to give in and open it... That pic is pretty convincing. We won't tell anyone else, though, if we do. It can be a surprise for them!

I feel a little aggravated the tech didn't notice, but she was snapping pics fast so that's understandable. And it looks like the accidentally revealed goods are what I wanted to see :p. As DH and I have been joking, the "alleged penis". But I was still feeling pretty content with what I "maybe" saw... It would have been a fun surprise :)

ELP
September 12th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Did you and DH talk about what to do or did he just leave it there without telling you he was going to? Id be so tempted to open it too...that's why I didn't even think of doing the envelope cause I knew I wouldn't have self control!I reckon though, with a shot like that, I could happily do the rest of my pregnancy without the need to confirm but the worry of GD taken away, and then if a little girl does turn up I would be able to enjoy her straight away knowing that I hadn't had GD for the past 20 weeks itms. So, if you open the envelope and it does say pink then possible GD but if you don't and pink somehow turns up at delivery the GD maybe with a gorgeous little lady stealing my heart as the seconds go by....I say leave the envelope:)

Or just hold it up to the light :rofl:

ELP
September 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
He wants me to open it... He gave it to me. He says that I already know from the profile shot and should just open it!

He was going to take it to work with him, and I think he would have done that. He was picking on me about just taking a peek when we were in the van running errands after the u/s yesterday and I told him I already had a big hunch... He asked if I'd seen something at the scan and I said I wasn't sure what I saw at the start of the scan (and he covered my eyes during money area measures!) - but I did tell him I thought the tech had messed up with one of the pics.

When we parked he asked me to show him, and he said it was convincing enough for him to think boy bits.

So he says we essentially already know and he gave me the envelope once we'd gotten home and MIL left (she was watching the kids for us).

I think I'm probably going to give in and open it... That pic is pretty convincing. We won't tell anyone else, though, if we do. It can be a surprise for them!

I feel a little aggravated the tech didn't notice, but she was snapping pics fast so that's understandable. And it looks like the accidentally revealed goods are what I wanted to see :p. As DH and I have been joking, the "alleged penis". But I was still feeling pretty content with what I "maybe" saw... It would have been a fun surprise :)

Go on then!!!! Open it!!! :rofl:

And as for the tech, they are only looking for the sex from underneath;) She probably thought that this angle was safe so didnt take too much care:agree:

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I reckon though, with a shot like that, I could happily do the rest of my pregnancy without the need to confirm but the worry of GD taken away, and then if a little girl does turn up I would be able to enjoy her straight away knowing that I hadn't had GD for the past 20 weeks itms. So, if you open the envelope and it does say pink then possible GD but if you don't and pink somehow turns up at delivery the GD maybe with a gorgeous little lady stealing my heart as the seconds go by....I say leave the envelope:)

Or just hold it up to the light :rofl:

Lol ELP! I'm feeling pretty convinced and then I have all the "that's a boy" comments here :p

But the tech didn't even seal the envelope!!! The flap is just tucked in! DH says he thinks she wanted me to know (but we didn't say anything about gender preference to her).

ELP
September 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Youll have to do it quickly my DH is due back soon and I'll be trying to sneak onto my phone all night now lol!!

ELP
September 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Lol ELP! I'm feeling pretty convinced and then I have all the "that's a boy" comments here :p

But the tech didn't even seal the envelope!!! The flap is just tucked in! DH says he thinks she wanted me to know (but we didn't say anything about gender preference to her).WHAT!!! Its not even F'ing sealed!!!!! OMG, peeeeeeeeek!!! Pleeeease!!:rofl:

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM
WHAT!!! Its not even F'ing sealed!!!!! OMG, peeeeeeeeek!!! Pleeeease!!:rofl:

XD. Going to eat lunch with the kiddos, then maybe I will go to the bedroom and open it. Thinking about it...

dloui128
September 12th, 2012, 11:48 AM
XD. Going to eat lunch with the kiddos, then maybe I will go to the bedroom and open it. Thinking about it...

I would of totally looked already lol

ELP
You teeeeease you lol!!! Right, well that gives me time to get the dinner ready:) I'll be sneaking back later on to see what you decide, best of luck either way xxxxxx:luck:

ELP
I would of totally looked already lol

:rofl:

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
okay sandwich finished. you've convinced me!! will post pic in a min :p

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM

Yahmama
September 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
OMG, congrats!!!! Aren't you glad you looked now?!?! :bluecheer:

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
OMG, congrats!!!! Aren't you glad you looked now?!?! :bluecheer:

I am in shock!!!!!

I mean, I saw the pic. I saw the paper. But I'm still having a hard time believing it!!!

DH was telling me yesterday he thought we had a really good boy sway. But I still don't believe it. I feel really lucky and I don't even believe in luck :p

I can go shop for baby boy clothes... And know there's going to be a baby boy wearing them. It still hasn't sunk in!

ELP
September 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
So, so, excited for you!!!!!!!!! Woohoo :bluecheer::bluecheer:

I thought your sway was awesome too, well done:bigsmile:

Hobbermittens
September 12th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Congrats Skrimpy!! I am so happy for you!!

dloui128
September 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM
So happy for you, congratulations!!!!

auroara78
September 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
congrats skrimpy...this is so awesome and exciting!!!!!!!!!! sweet little boy!

HalfDozenMama13
September 12th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Congrats on your baby boy! :)

mydream
September 12th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Yay!!! Horray!!! Congrats!!!

Mochagirl
September 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
What exciting news - congrats!!!! I wonder if the tech purposely sneaked that shot in so you'd get so curious you'd look :bigsmile:.

3Pink1Blue
September 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Woohoo!! So excited for you!

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM
What exciting news - congrats!!!! I wonder if the tech purposely sneaked that shot in so you'd get so curious you'd look :bigsmile:.

This is what DH was wondering. He was joking with the tech that "she's always spending hours on some website looking at people's u/s pics" (wonder what website that is :p and I don't spend hours, lol!!!). He says maybe the tech put it in because she knew I could tell.

I'm more likely to think she just missed the willy... I don't think I really gave strong indication of wanting to know, especially since DH asked if I was going to get two envelopes and I said right in front of her I'd decided I didn't want my own.

But I went in saying that if I could tell then it was meant for me to tell. So maybe it was meant, LOL.

I hope to hear about a lot more blue from TTC blue crew grads over the next few weeks...

zanacal
September 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Aww, how wonderful! Congratulations :D

hopingforsaskia
September 12th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Awesome! Congratulations! I absolutely LOVE hearing about successful sways! (pink or blue!) :) :HH:

TTC5
September 12th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!! So happy for you!!! :D

skrimpy
September 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Thank you so much ladies, still feeling a bit shocked after so much waiting and hoping and praying against GD. It's nice to know I can be happy to have a new little man. Still feel a bit guilty after seeing a perfect bub, though, to think I'd have been sad for a girl. GD is such a challenge all the way around.

Butterfly Spirit
September 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM

Skrimpy, SO GLAD you looked! Because the waiting of your :bluecheer: cheerleaders (us) is just as hard! Esp with tease scan pics! LOL

Myloves
September 12th, 2012, 09:23 PM
CONGRATS!! Yay, lovely Honor is having a baby brother! :cheer: :bigboy:

Still feel a bit guilty after seeing a perfect bub, though, to think I'd have been sad for a girl. GD is such a challenge all the way around.

Don't beat yourself up over GD - I would've had horrific GD if dd had been a boy - but I also would have moved on from it and enjoyed her.

You were strong when you had your sweet baby girl and you rose above your GD - and you would have done the same if this baby was a girl. :hugs:

Right now you're getting your DG, so it's time to celebrate and not feel guilt ;D

katy88
September 13th, 2012, 05:28 AM
aww congrats :) i never swayed as wasnt trying for a baby lol so i most properly got another girl on the way lol x happy you got your boy you wanted hun x x

skrimpy
September 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
CONGRATS!! Yay, lovely Honor is having a baby brother! :cheer: :bigboy:

Still feel a bit guilty after seeing a perfect bub, though, to think I'd have been sad for a girl. GD is such a challenge all the way around.

Don't beat yourself up over GD - I would've had horrific GD if dd had been a boy - but I also would have moved on from it and enjoyed her.

You were strong when you had your sweet baby girl and you rose above your GD - and you would have done the same if this baby was a girl. :hugs:

Right now you're getting your DG, so it's time to celebrate and not feel guilt ;D

Thank you so much myloves <3 Such sweet and helpful words. I am going to enjoy him :D

Rosie85
September 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Congrats!!!

helpmeonthis1
September 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Boy

Cinss
September 13th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Yippee :)

mummypink
September 14th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Congratulations! :D xx

boyboythen?
September 15th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Congrats! Boys are awesome - I'm hoping for a girl this time around. Hope I get to be as happy as you, although of course I'll be happy no matter what. It'll be the icing on the cake of my very finished child-bearing :)

BeadinMom
September 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Aww...congratulations!!! So very happy for you!!! :)

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 01:01 PM
What a gorgeous little fella! Congrats!!

skrimpy
September 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Thank you again gals <3 <3 <3