PDA

View Full Version : DD Lillian's Birth Story

auroara78
September 12th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Lillian was born two weeks early on Sept 3rd 2012. She was due on the 16th of Sept. I had been having braxton hicks contractions off and on for weeks, and had been told at work numerous times every day that I wasn't making it until my Sept 12th scheduled c-section. For some reason, the comments annoyed me and I kept telling everyone, "No, I'll last, I don't go early." Famous last words, huh?

I was scheduled to work until the 7th, and train the fill-in at work for the last three days I was there. Well, Lillian had other plans--ironically, she was concieved on Christmas Day 2011 and decided to arrive on a holiday, Labor Day! The irony is not lost on me, lol.

After having contractions all night long and only two hours of sleep, I woke my DH up at 8 am and told him it was "time." I had called his Mom around 5 am but she didn't show up until 7 am because she didn't really believe it was the real thing. Her doubt made me doubt myself, and I had to keep reminding myself what I was experiencing WAS real, and that I had to trust my gut. (Which funny enough, I sometimes have issues with; even if I believe I know something, if someone doubts me, it makes me have to think it through again, and question myself.)

Anyway, I blabbed to my husband on the drive to the hospital about how I was pretty sure this was it, but of course I couldn't be 100% sure. He kept saying, "well if you're in pain, and it's regular, it's probably the real thing."

Once we arrived, they hooked me up to the baby monitor and checked for contractions. Within minutes, I had confirmation that I was definitely laboring. They checked me and I was dilated, but not by much. Since I'd need a c-section, they started prepping me to get me ready for it. I was really tired from no sleep, and since the drugs always make me tired, I started to dread how much more exhuasted the drugs would make me. I tried to remind myself that this is what I had been dreaming about for months, meeting my daughter at long last, but all I felt was tired and scared of the c-section. I started remmebering the discomfort from my 2nd c-section, and unfortunately, I just felt numb and worried about the surgery.

She was born at 11:12 am, with a very loud sharp "siren" cry. She got very angry when they checked her temperature. They showed me her right after she was born and she was bawling so loudly I couldn't really see who she looked like. I was so out of it from all the drugs that I really didn't even care that I had just had a baby. They handed her to my husband and as I got a chance to look her over, she just looked like such a little alien. I held her, and then discovered after lifting her pink and blue cap up, she had really dark hair--that was another surprise. My sons had brown hair at birth, but the hair fell out and came in blonde later...her hair is definitely the darkest I've had.

She's the easiest baby I've had, as far being really peaceful and good, and not crying except if she's hungry and or poopy diaper, but the worst delivery, as far as recovery goes. I had the worst headache of my life for three days and it really interfered with my enjoyment of my sweetheart. Now that my strength is coming back, I am finally able to enjoy having my daughter.

DS2 and Lillian

First Dress

zanacal
September 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM
She's beautiful Auroara. I hope you're feeling better now and that your headache has shifted x

dloui128
September 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
She is such a little doll, and man I would kill for those lips :)

BeadinMom
September 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Aww....Auroara, she is absolutely GORGEOUS!! What a beautiful baby!!
So excited for you, your DH and those sweet big brothers.
Sorry it was such a difficult delivery...I've had 3 C-sections, too...I think it gets worse with each subsequent one.
BUT I am so happy you're getting your strength back to be able to enjoy her.
Happy to hear she's as good as she is pretty ;)
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!! ♥

bythestream
September 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Congratulations she's beautiful

Yuzu
September 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM
She is gorgeous! And so is big brother; he's definitely going to be a heartbreaker.

TTC5
September 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Congratulations! A day later after my son ;)

Cinss
September 12th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks for sharing :)

CherryBlossom
September 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Oh my she is just beautiful hun!!!
What a birth storey. So sorry to hear you didn't have the best recovery =(
I hope you are doing well now though.
She looks like your DS2 going by those pictures! just gorgeous

Mochagirl
September 13th, 2012, 10:30 PM
So nice to read your story, auroara. She's an absolute beauty, and I'm so happy you're feeling well enough now to enjoy her. :HH:

PeonyPrincess
September 14th, 2012, 03:38 AM
I love all the photos and the story. Don't you just hate it when your co-workers are right!! Enjoy every minute...they sure do grow up fast hey.

ELP
September 14th, 2012, 03:45 AM
She is breathtaking aurora, well done:hug2: xxxxx

Myloves
September 15th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Aw, she's so gorgeous! I can't believe I didn't see this thread :D

Congrats again on your lovely Lillian! How is your dh? Has his Gd gone away?

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 06:57 AM

:HH: Oh, Auroara, I remember your happiness when you found out she was a girL, and now she's here!!! And just SO sweet and beautifuL she meLts my heart! I'm going to bet that her hair wiLL LIghten up a bit soon. :) I hope that you are feeLing SO much better and can enjoy her to pieces! I wiLL bet that her big brothers are so proud and just adore her!

I did read about your incision today, how is it doing as far as radiating heat and such? Are you going to go in to the doc? I wouLd just take it easy the next few days in hopes it wiLL get better. Are you supposed to do anything to disinfect or cLean it out? I hope there is something that can bring you reLIef!

lobella2
September 15th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks for sharing. She is beautiful!

auroara78
September 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks butterfly for inquiring...yes I was over the moon to find out she was a girl, and I'm still over the moon that she's here and healthy and such a sweet little baby, but the effects to my body have been far worst than my other c-sections, and I attribute it to the fact that my body wasn't ready for another pregnacny/c-section so soon after DS2 (only 8 months between actual pregancies) but this has also given me more pause to thought to consider how the Trivers Willard Hypothesis did work in my case of declining condition, etc.

My incision has the same weird looking spot and it hasn't gotten any worst; no heat radiating off it. I'm not sure about it, from what I read online it said to keep it dry so that's what I"m doing. Some ppl online said to use perioxide to make sure it's not infected, but as it hasn't gotten any worst, and no heat, I am going to keep a strict eye on it and just make an appt to see my OB on Monday. I will go to the ER if I experience any heat, fever, nausea, or if it gets worst. I think the wait and see policy, while aggravating, is probably the best balance between being careful and not too over-reactive.

I do know that if we do have a 4th one day, I will definitely do everything in my power to make sure the pregancies are at least TWO years apart, if not more like 3, just to give my body plenty enough time to recoup from this pregnancy/c-section.

Myloves, he's in a real neutral place right now; he's in a big believer in things being "meant to be" so because she's here, he just thinks she was meant to be with us, so that helps some. I know he would have liked to have only sons, but he also knew how much having a daughter meant to me, so I know it gives him some happiness to see me with my dream. That being said, I think he is sitll inclined to try for a 4th one day to get his 3rd son, we'll see.

fish2012
September 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh don't know how I only just found this congratulations! she's lovely xx

pearl
September 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Real beauty :ballerina: congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auroara78
September 22nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
New pictures, I just gotta post 'em:

lobella2
September 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Beautiful pictures!

Hobbermittens
October 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Auroara, I am just now seeing this! Those pictures are gorgeous--did you take them? Congrats again on baby Lillian!

Myloves
October 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Lilian's so pretty!

auroara78
October 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hobbers, the pictures were professionally taken in the hospital. She was so red for a few weeks that when I tried to get them printed they turned out way too red, so I had to try to make them print in matte and play with the color to tone down some of that bright redness!

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hobbers, the pictures were professionally taken in the hospital. She was so red for a few weeks that when I tried to get them printed they turned out way too red, so I had to try to make them print in matte and play with the color to tone down some of that bright redness!

I'm just barely seeing them! She's such a beautiful doll! :)

Mrs_P
October 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Oh that photo in your avatar is the most gorgeous baby photo ever - thank you for sharing them she is such a beautiful little lady

cravingsalt
October 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oh my gosh, don't know how I missed this thread. I think you had your little angel when I was off the radar trying not to obsess, but obviously that was futile.

She is so gorgeous!! What a dream come true. Congrats again!

auroara78
October 27th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Thank you all :) I am so thrilled to have her in my life.

Cravingsalt, it's so good to see you back on here! I hope you get your pinkie soon! You will love it and your boys will adore having a sister.

dloui128
October 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Love the new pics, she is so adorable

cravingsalt
October 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Just couldn't stay away. :) I love your positivity, I hope so too!

auroara78
December 4th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I wanted to share some new pics of Lillian. I haven't gotten her to smile for the camera yet, but when she does smile, she looks just like DS1, it's eerie!

luckylass
December 4th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Auroara she is absolutely beautiful. What a stunning little princess you have. She has the most amazing big eyes you could just melt into them. Is she like your boys at all? How are they finding their sister now she is settled in?

auroara78
December 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Not to be stereotypical, but she's a little diva, lol.

She wants to be held a certain way, her bottle a certain warmth, lol. She wants things her way or the highway, she is much more demanding as an infant than the boys were! The boys were the easiest things ever, they wouldn't even cry when they had a poopy diaper, but the minute she poops, she wants that diaper off PRONTO! lol. The boys love her, and DS2 (18 mos old) loves to rub her head and put his head next to hers...he likes to kiss her head and cheek. He also likes to point out she has eyes which often means he pokes her in the eyes, which of course, makes her cranky, lol. DS2 calls her "sis" I can see in the future she will probably get him into a lot of trouble, as far as convincing him to do things, lol. DS1 just says "ah she's cute" but he's 5 and not really interested in her, he thinks DS2 is a pest. Though recently he said he'd like another baby, so who knows?

dloui128
December 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM
she is beautiful, those eyes and lips are amazing!

Butterfly Spirit
December 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I do love the updated pics, and agree with Dloui! :)
What a sweet little angel Lillian is!

luckylass
December 4th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Auroara, that sounds amazing, like hard work but truly amazing altogether and it sounds like ds2 and your little lady will be very close although I bet all three of them will be. My family is made up of two boys and a girl as is dh's family and we both would be close to our brothers/sisters. It will be lovely to watch them all together. We are having a girl this time too after two boys and everyone keeps telling us to watch out as she will be the boss lol.....from what you are describing they are probably right.