PDA

View Full Version : ATOMIC-that light thing you were talking about to regulate cycles(full moon)

mkarntz1980
February 11th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Okay its called lunaception, I wanted to try it....BUT the only thing is, AF comes when the moon is full, and I O when the new is moon...isnt that what I want? I have read that boys are conceived in full moons and girls in new moons. So im thinking I DONT want to ovulate with a full moon? Could I try this anyone regardless of the moon?

mkarntz1980
February 11th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Also when I do this, do i leave the light on around the 3 days that i SHOULD be ovulating? Or the days that I AM ovulating? I get my + opd around CD 18 and 19 and its negative at CD 20. I am guessing since I want to O around CD 15 that I should leave the light on nights 14,15,16??

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2011, 02:32 PM
If you are more concerned about the ions and the conception of the moon than you are about your cycle, than NO I wouldn't change anything.

The idea is more for resetting your cycle at 28 days than anything that will sway or not. If you think you're Oing in a good time for TTC pink, I would def. keep it that way because I don't think your cycle length sways at all.

atomic sagebrush
February 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Also when I do this, do i leave the light on around the 3 days that i SHOULD be ovulating? Or the days that I AM ovulating? I get my + opd around CD 18 and 19 and its negative at CD 20. I am guessing since I want to O around CD 15 that I should leave the light on nights 14,15,16??

The three days that you ARE ovulating. It will trick your body into thinking it's a full moon and that AF should start in 14 days from then (with the new moon). Then for a lot of women, their next cycle will start off being 28 days and it will stay regular after that.

But like I said, if you're happy with where in the month you're ovulating, I wouldn't do it and risk changing anything.

babydust
February 12th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I tried this, and from what I remember, the 3 days that it is a full moon, you want to keep the lights off, no light at all coming into your room. The rest of the time you want to keep a nightlight on and (what I did) was try and sleep with the rock salt lamp on near my bed. This is supposed to trick your body into thinking that during the full moon it's a new moon and during the new moon it's the full moon! ;). Then your cycles are supposed to chance and you should start O'ing during the new moon. It takes a while though so I would do this for at least a month or two before you try.

This is what I remember, I could be totally wrong! haha. But I do remember doing that for my sway. I did end up O'ing during the NM, JUST made it, but maybe it worked? It's worth a try.

I agree with atomic though, if you are already O'ing during the correct moon phase, don't change a thing! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I tried this, and from what I remember, the 3 days that it is a full moon, you want to keep the lights off, no light at all coming into your room. The rest of the time you want to keep a nightlight on and (what I did) was try and sleep with the rock salt lamp on near my bed. This is supposed to trick your body into thinking that during the full moon it's a new moon and during the new moon it's the full moon! ;). Then your cycles are supposed to chance and you should start O'ing during the new moon. It takes a while though so I would do this for at least a month or two before you try.

This is what I remember, I could be totally wrong! haha. But I do remember doing that for my sway. I did end up O'ing during the NM, JUST made it, but maybe it worked? It's worth a try.

I agree with atomic though, if you are already O'ing during the correct moon phase, don't change a thing! :)

But that is for SWAYING purposes, when you WANT to change when you O. This was trying to make cycles more regular and NOT changing when you ovulate.

It is really interesting info though babydust and thanks for sharing! I just don't want anyone to get confused. Nutshell version - if your cycles are not regular, are longer than you want, or you have a short LP, if you keep the light on for 3 days when you O, it can help reset your cycles at 28 days with normal LP>

babydust
February 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM
ooh, gotcha, that's very interesting. I didn't know that you could try and regular cycles. I have very long and irregular cycles, so this is something that I would probably want to try once I start O'ing again. So with this method, you want to keep a nightlight on in your room the day before, the day of, and the day after you O? Sounds easy enough and you have nothing to loose when doing this method. Plus, it's less invasive than starting the pill to regular cycles and at least this way you are actually O'ing, whereas with the pill you aren't. Great info!

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, I figure it can't hurt and may help people!

The thing I am still looking into is how exactly this might affect swaying...if there is some sort of natural rhythm going on and we are more or less fertile than we should be when we O in different phases of the moon...I don't believe that the moon is swaying but that our own bodies' natural cycles as triggered by day length and moonlight, may be.

skrimpy
February 13th, 2011, 08:56 PM
From what I understand about Lunaception, you put the light on for the days that you *want* to ovulate. The dark days tell your body it's a normal cycle day - it's the light that stimulates ovulation. By keeping your room totally dark until you want to ovulate, you set off your body's triggers for ovulation with the light.

A luteal phase defect or other problem can be helped by nutrition or other measures, but the light is to trigger your body into ovulating when you want it to.

I put the light on on days 13-15 while I was working on getting my cycles normalized. They eventually ended up settling at 26 day cycles (occasional cycles of 27 or 28 days) with ovulation on day 12 or 13. I conceived my 2yo on a day 12 ovulation and the baby I'm pg with now on a day 13 ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Ok, but just to reiterate, the book I read was NOT talking about Lunaception. It was talking about women with irregular cycles who wanted to reset their cycles at 28days and it seemed to help to leave the light on when they were ovulating.

Lunaception sounds very intriguing, but I just don't want people to misunderstand or get confused. If you're happy with when you're ovulating but you want to regulate your cycle, perhaps shorten it to 28 days and perhaps lengthen your LP to 14 days, it may help to sleep with a light on for three days WHEN you O. If that doesn't help and/or you want to change when you O, (shortening the number of days from AF-O) that's a different matter and that is where the Lunaception comes in.

But I do want to reiterate becasue I'm not sure if I said it in this thread, that it is NORMAL to have cycle lengths of anywhere from 24-35 days and if your cycle is a little different than 28 days, that is FINE and nothing to be concerned about as long as your luteal phase is between 12-14 days long.

mkarntz1980
February 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Also although this is against TTC girl.....supposably I have read you are more fertile, when you O in the full moon, and menstruate in the new moon. This is what some women do that are just TTC (not a specific gender)

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Also although this is against TTC girl.....supposably I have read you are more fertile, when you O in the full moon, and menstruate in the new moon. This is what some women do that are just TTC (not a specific gender)

Now this may very well be true, just like how you may be more fertile at certain times of year because of natural cycles.

babydust
February 15th, 2011, 06:50 PM
oh gotcha, my cycles are between 24 and 35 days, so there would be no need for me to do that. Still wish my cycles were 28 days and I O'ed on the same day every month, but it's ok ;). I even went to a doctor to get myself check out a few years ago (just before I started trying for my first) and everything came back normal. And they said the same thing you did, that cycles between 24 and 35 days are normal, even though they are called "irregular"

skrimpy
February 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM
okay, I get where you're coming from now atomic :p

atomic sagebrush
February 16th, 2011, 01:40 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1421-Lunaception

I wrote an essay and how-to guide and would love feedback and questions about anything that doesn't make sense!