PDA

View Full Version : 8dpo - is there any other reason why an IC test would look like this?

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I cannot take another test until sometime next week, when I would likely know more for definite if this is real.

In all of your experience(s), is there any reason to doubt how this test looks (especially with it being faint), which was taken at 8dpo and NOT with FMU at late at night?

Everyone is already congratulating me in the 2WW September thread and I just can't bring myself to really believe it (don't we all go through this denial? Ha.)

Cinss
September 15th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I wouldn't doubt that test, i always had stark white BFNs, never saw one like this until my most recent one, and i was trying for 10 months.

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 04:38 AM
IT'S REAL!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE PREGNANT! :P
Now go eat! LOL
If it didn't have PINK coLor...then I'd say.. Do another test!

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 04:58 AM
I've been off the diet all month, so I already was eating (aka if I am pregnant, it's totally a boy.)

It's pink, just very faint.

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I've been off the diet all month, so I already was eating (aka if I am pregnant, it's totally a boy.)

It's pink, just very faint.

It's not 100% gender determined yet doLL!

Someone just bareLy had a faint LIne.. was it SheLLBeLLe?
Kiesse's LIne was the SAME!
When are you testing again, Love?

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Whenever I get more tests in the mail.

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I'm 10dpo today so by the time I get them would be around the time one should test, anyway!

HopeandDreamG
September 15th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Its faint bc it's only 8dpo when u took the test and without FMU. Your good girl! Believe it. Listen, even if we are all wrong which we are not you'd be super dissappointed regardless of what you thought now. So celebrate, relax, start enjoying your pregnancy now!!

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Its faint bc it's only 8dpo when u took the test and without FMU. Your good girl! Believe it. Listen, even if we are all wrong which we are not you'd be super dissappointed regardless of what you thought now. So celebrate, relax, start enjoying your pregnancy now!!

So it doesn't look like any sort of erroneous test? :nails:

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
So it doesn't look like any sort of erroneous test? :nails:

Damn it, who had a FAINT line cheapy and you needed to back up from the comp to see it like Kiesse's I'm trying to find it for you and going outta my mind lol.. TOO Many posts!
It just happened in the past week too.... help someone! LOL

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I think it was Lassie... I'll find it hang on.. LOL

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Here Surgena:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/2ww-gathering-place/13038-september-2ww-22.html

Mochagirl
September 15th, 2012, 08:23 AM
It definitely looks like the real thing to me! I wish we didn't have an ocean separating us or I'd show up at your door with a FRER demanding your pee!! :rofl:

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 08:30 AM
It definitely looks like the real thing to me! I wish we didn't have an ocean separating us or I'd show up at your door with a FRER demanding your pee!! :rofl:

LMAO 4618

ME TOO!!!!!! It's Christmas morning all over again like I said with Lassie!!!! We ALL know you are prego..mark my words!!!!!

You two have been deserving of BFPs forever and well.. you both got prego at the exact same time! I :awe: it! :p

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Here Surgena:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/2ww-gathering-place/13038-september-2ww-22.html

Oh, yeah, that's pretty faint. Well, my fingers are crossed this is real... it would time out nicely, pregnancy-wise, for my trip back home in December! i.e I'd not be too big but not too small, I'd likely be over most of morning sickness and having that 2nd trimester feel good time where everything tastes amazing.

So, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Oh, yeah, that's pretty faint. Well, my fingers are crossed this is real... it would time out nicely, pregnancy-wise, for my trip back home in December! i.e I'd not be too big but not too small, I'd likely be over most of morning sickness and having that 2nd trimester feel good time where everything tastes amazing.

So, keep your fingers crossed for me!

:fx: for you love, I have to go lay down now.. I feel like I'm gonna puke :(

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
In terms of my chart... does that look good, at least post supposed ovulation?

Sheesh... I'm totally obsessing now!

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 09:07 AM
:fx: for you love, I have to go lay down now.. I feel like I'm gonna puke :(

Hope you feel better lovely!

ELP
September 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
That has clear colour, congratulations!!!xxx

NCBeachyGrl
September 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Suregena - you have a darker line than my 8 DPO cheapie! I had to tweak and do all kinds of stuff to make it show in a pic! If you want to get even more confirmation...check out Pregnancy Test Gallery - Most Recent | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/index.php) and even post your test to get ppl to vote.

Your chart looks awesome and your def. have a 2nd line! I won't say congrats just yet....I was the exact same way as you!

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Suregena - you have a darker line than my 8 DPO cheapie! I had to tweak and do all kinds of stuff to make it show in a pic! If you want to get even more confirmation...check out Pregnancy Test Gallery - Most Recent | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/index.php) and even post your test to get ppl to vote.

Your chart looks awesome and your def. have a 2nd line! I won't say congrats just yet....I was the exact same way as you!

Haha, done! Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #52983 | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test52983)

NCBeachyGrl
September 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Haha, done! Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #52983 | Countdown to Pregnancy (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test52983)

LOL!!!! That is def. a positive! I don't know how anyone could vote no, but then again, I had a definite line on a FRER and still had some voting no. Sheesh!!!!

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Maybe no one is satisfied unless it's a dark line?

I still don't believe it, though... I guess I am guarding myself!

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
If I *am*, I think I'd be due around May 29th.

Cinss
September 15th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Yep yor chart looks very positive too :) Congratulations :)

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I am bad at figuring out a good chart from a medicore one... so if you say so! :D

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM

Those 6 ladies are out of their minds..they must not realize that a STARK white test means negative!

suregena
September 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Haha!

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Haha!

Seriously... OMG....

I never see a line at all... not even a ghost line unless I'm prego.

I'm ITCHING for you to test again woman!

suregena
September 16th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Well, next week sometime! :)

suregena
September 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I had a vivid dream last night and my temp is the highest it's been so far today... good sign?

I looked at that stupid chinese calendar and sure enough, it has me having a boy if I am pregnant - figures!

S'okay, though. I don't believe it but I'm expecting a boy, anyway, because of lack of 'diet' (besides usual vegetarian diet for me + hubby.)
The most important part of a sway I didn't end up doing because of how badly it trashed my cycles. :/

Mochagirl
September 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
First of all, the Chinese gender chart is bunk. According to it, all my boys should be girls and my little girl should be a boy.

Secondly, I think you affected your fertility so much by swaying earlier that your body was probably still recovering and you still had a good sway even if you weren't dieting anymore. You weren't achieving anything the way things were anyway - you can't get your girl if you can't get pregnant!

suregena
September 16th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I know! Isn't it crazy how drastically my cycle has shortened from the last couple of months (and that first sway attempt in Dec/Jan, which gave me a 55 day cycle too but my cycle went back to norma after that one, when I ate normal until my next attempt months... only to put myself in the same position again!), ALL because I've not been that strict on what i've been eating? I mean, granted, I was still trying not to eat a ton of cheese... but... I was pretty much eating whatever. However... I'm guilty for snacking, unfortunately.... so I do not feel that happy about it. However, hubby was FR and he definitely didn't FR when we conceived my son, so there is that, I suppose (and antihistamine.... and I wiped immediately after the last BD before ovulation.)

Hubby is still vegetarian and I am... so maybe I'll just be surprised and have a girl (or not!)

I've tried to let go this cycle, and if I really am pregnant, then I guess that is what I just had to do to get pregnant.

In the end, without swaying stuff in my head, we would have just tried for a baby MONTHS ago without doing ANYTHING different. We at least did some 'swayish' things this month which is more than I did with my son.

I'm just going to try to be content with that! :)

atomic sagebrush
September 16th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I see a very faint line in the second one.

I had a very light line with Suzy on a Dollar Store cheapie and it took forever to darken up. I was walking around doing all this stuff and eating a huge vat of orange chicken that I got as a cheat because I "knew" it would be BFN, for like 10 min and gradually I started to realize, "oh my heck, I think this is a positive test!" I was 2 days past when I expected AF but I prob. Oed 2 days earlier than I expected to - either way, way beyond 8 DPO.

PS - interesting aside, my fortune cookie said, "Something small will be headed your way soon"

suregena
September 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Yes, very faint... but likely the most promising thing I've had in all these months thus far - ha ha!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 12:53 AM
My temp is down a little this morning despite me waking up a bit sweaty... ugh! Hope that's not bad. :(

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I just realized I took my temp about 45 minutes earlier than I normally do, which might be why. My husband alarm woke me up and I took my temp thinking it was my alarm! Didn't realize until I looked at the time.

I ended up having to get up because I had a full bladder, and I never have that happen in the mornings, especially as I didn't really drink anything before bed at all.

*grasping at straws*

ELP
September 17th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Sounds promising still:) Will you test again today???

Butterfly Spirit
September 17th, 2012, 05:22 AM
I just realized I took my temp about 45 minutes earlier than I normally do, which might be why. My husband alarm woke me up and I took my temp thinking it was my alarm! Didn't realize until I looked at the time.

I ended up having to get up because I had a full bladder, and I never have that happen in the mornings, especially as I didn't really drink anything before bed at all.

*grasping at straws*

Peeing A LOT was one of my first symptoms before my BFP..so it's fine it's happening now too. :)
When are you going to test again!?

Oh hey, I also read about your vivid dream... also a early prego symptom! :)

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Whenever those tests arrive in the mail - possibly tomorrow or by Thursday!

I'm 12dpo today.

What were your other symptoms? Granted I've not had a ton... but the full bladder at night I've noticed, especially last night, a couple vivid dreams, woke up sweaty this morning, headacheyness some days (like yesterday), groggy (like I'll be sitting here in the afternoon feeling like I took a sleeping pill.... and try to figure out if I had a horrible night of sleep or not but I'm averaging at least 7 hours at night so can't be that), been noticing some slight aches around my breasts but those have come and gone,

Turning over in bed I've noticed it feels as though I've pulled something in my abdomen area momentarily.

Oh, and very, very mild cramping/dull aches - but NOT constantly.

I may really be trying to convince myself but these are what I've had up to date.

I'm so nervous about testing again and it being stark white or something... since I'm getting a tad too hopeful!

Butterfly Spirit
September 17th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Just the ones we talked about. Moody, frequent peeing, vivid dreams... what tipped me off to test was my achy boobs! Because I started out by scary bleeding.. and then when that happened (which only happens in my pregnancies)
I knew something was up. The good line came right away on my $1 test. I was mad that I waited to test.. wanted to know how early I would have actually got a barely there line!

TIREDNESS was major as well!
I say you are good girl! I can't wait for you to see a dark test!

DON'T FORGET YOUR FOLIC!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I am taking it everyday! And I am officially out of it today so have to go out and get more (on the credit card, because I AM BROKE! :()

Watch me have a hard time not adding a pregnancy test to the credit card since i have to go out, anyway. Grrr!

Yeah, I've certainly been moody... even towards my little boy. :( GRRRRR! Either I am the pre-AF monster from hell or early pregnancy monster from hell, and personally, I hope it's the latter as I would hate to be like that all the time.

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Sounds promising still:) Will you test again today???

Not until I get more cheapies in the mail this week... though you all are seriously making me want to put a test on the credit card (I'm broke) today!

Butterfly Spirit
September 17th, 2012, 05:43 AM
I am taking it everyday! And I am officially out of it today so have to go out and get more (on the credit card, because I AM BROKE! :()

Watch me have a hard time not adding a pregnancy test to the credit card since i have to go out, anyway. Grrr!

Yeah, I've certainly been moody... even towards my little boy. :( GRRRRR! Either I am the pre-AF monster from hell or early pregnancy monster from hell, and personally, I hope it's the latter as I would hate to be like that all the time.

ooOOoo Get A TEST! LOL :rofl:

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I'll see what the prices are like..... *gulp*

Butterfly Spirit
September 17th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I'll see what the prices are like..... *gulp*

Send me a pm if you do! I've got to get some cleaning done before my sickness gets bad.. it's creeping up on me because I had to take my supplements!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 05:53 AM
I got these prenatals waiting to be used in my cupboard (I ended up, unfortunately, not using prenatals when I was pregnant with my son due to them making me feel worse so I just stuck with folic acid with him) that are raw prenatals that also include ginger and have rave reviews... so I look forward to eventually trying them out! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Prenatal-Multivitamins/dp/B005JAT3TU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347875646&sr=8-1&keywords=raw+prenatal

NOT cheap - but I am going to give them a try, because they may end up being worth it!

Butterfly Spirit
September 17th, 2012, 06:00 AM
I got these prenatals waiting to be used in my cupboard (I ended up, unfortunately, not using prenatals when I was pregnant with my son due to them making me feel worse so I just stuck with folic acid with him) that are raw prenatals that also include ginger and have rave reviews... so I look forward to eventually trying them out! :D

Amazon.com: Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Multivitamins, 180 Count: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Prenatal-Multivitamins/dp/B005JAT3TU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347875646&sr=8-1&keywords=raw+prenatal)

NOT cheap - but I am going to give them a try, because they may end up being worth it!

Oh I hate my sway supplements on top of prenatal and folic
they ALWAYS make me sick!
I was taking them still because DS2 was breastfeeding...but I guess my boobs decided to dry up and give all nutrients to my baby. He still acts like there is milk..I feel so bad for him!!!! :'(
I've cut down the magnesium, but everything else is still the same...so I guess I need to decide what to do.

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Awww :( That is the only thing I'll be REALLY sad about... as I am still nursing my son, too. My hope is if my milk dries up *if I am pregnant, that is* that it happens around his 3rd birthday so I at least made it that long.

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Holy shit. (Sorry!)

I THINK I'M PREGNANT!!!

I caved and got a cheap Boots own brand, notorious for taking ages to give positive results...

Well, it was instant, afternoon urine that I held for less than two hours.

Picture forthcoming. HOLY EFFFFFF! Y'ALL!!!!

Mochagirl
September 17th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I'm sooooooo glad you caved, suregena! Hopefully you'll believe us now - you're preggo!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM
So exciting!!!!! I NEED to see your pic! LOL!!!

fish2012
September 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM
fx for you it's all looking very hopefull xx

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Mochagirl
September 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Definitely positive!!!!!!

MamaCass85
September 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Congratulations!

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
My temp is down a little this morning despite me waking up a bit sweaty... ugh! Hope that's not bad. :(

Still well above coverline! I wouldn't worry one iota about that.

Sweating can actually make you cooler.

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Sore BB's has always been my first sign. Tiredness and insane gassiness are the others. I don't pee much till later on but I know others who have. HUGE congrats!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!

myGirl
September 17th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Congratulations Suregena!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Oh I hate my sway supplements on top of prenatal and folic
they ALWAYS make me sick!
I was taking them still because DS2 was breastfeeding...but I guess my boobs decided to dry up and give all nutrients to my baby. He still acts like there is milk..I feel so bad for him!!!! :'(
I've cut down the magnesium, but everything else is still the same...so I guess I need to decide what to do.

There may be a little bit of milk still there and if you want to keep nursing, just let him (if you can stand it - it can be rough because there is something that makes a lot of people really want to stop at that point.) Then later on in pg, it will start to come back again. It's the middle point that there isn't a lot of milk.

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Awww :( That is the only thing I'll be REALLY sad about... as I am still nursing my son, too. My hope is if my milk dries up *if I am pregnant, that is* that it happens around his 3rd birthday so I at least made it that long.

I've made it thru pg twice now so PM me if you want to talk about it. It can be done and it's very much worth it, but there are things you need to be mentally prepared for.

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 10:59 AM
That is 100% a positive test! YAY!!!! So excited for you!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I've made it thru pg twice now so PM me if you want to talk about it. It can be done and it's very much worth it, but there are things you need to be mentally prepared for.

I would definitely like to make sure I can get through it. I hear it's supposed to be very (possibly) painful, etcetera... but any other input would be fantastic.

dloui128
September 17th, 2012, 12:37 PM
thats definitely positive, congratulations!!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Thank youuuuu! :D

Butterfly Spirit
September 18th, 2012, 12:01 AM

I didn't expect it to happen to me. My little man still acts like there's milk! It's crazy...
I hope yours lasts at least halfway through pregnancy or longer!!!

Butterfly Spirit
September 18th, 2012, 12:03 AM
There may be a little bit of milk still there and if you want to keep nursing, just let him (if you can stand it - it can be rough because there is something that makes a lot of people really want to stop at that point.) Then later on in pg, it will start to come back again. It's the middle point that there isn't a lot of milk.

I didn't know it slowed down at all because I've never done pregnancy and BFing. I can't squeeze anything out of a nipple, not even colostrum, but today I was thinking that there must be something in there or he wouldn't be so dedicated. :)

*ruby*
September 18th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Congratulations!!!!