PDA

View Full Version : to all you lovely recently preggie ladies

Mrs_P
September 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM
just to put me out of my misery, did you know or have a feeling (even if you kept denying it) that it was your month and you were pg? and what symptoms did you have in the 2ww

thing is i knew i was pg with ds3 like days after dtd i just had a feeling (although not sure if i was just cocky as we caught everytime first month). i'm going crazy every month waiting for that feeling or worst still telling myself it doesn't happen and i could still be in when i know deep down i'm not. also keep watching for symptoms and am getting tons every month but funnily enough when i've been pg in the past i don't remember having anyway

NCBeachyGrl
September 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I got pregnant on my 2nd TTC cycle and I was pretty surprised by it. I had a really good feeling about having an April due date (my b-day is in April, best friend's b-day is in April, my sister's and uncle's b-day is in April, and it was my due date when I had a m/c 4 years ago). But, I was doing so much to sway with Rephresh and zyrtec, etc that I thought it would be almost impossible. My first TTC cycle I had every symptom under the sun and then the cycle I got pregnant, I had no symptoms except CM (which was out of the norm since swaying).

My fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!!!!

Mrs_P
September 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM
thanks beachy i did kinda have you in mind when i wrote this i remember thinking you had no symptoms that month and i was so adamant i could see a line on that first test. Feels like its been ages since you got your bfp no long til nub shot time x

NCBeachyGrl
September 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
It seems like forever for me too! I do remember seeing that line and being really surprised by it all! How many months have you been TTC now?

Mrs_P
September 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
feels like ages, first proper month since we brought our sway plan but we'd stopped being careful ages ago and were trying to ttc with a cut off before i met all you lovely ladies been in the 2ww at least 4 cycles now and pretty sure this one is about to end bfn in a day or two (just waiting on af, getting pains and odd spotting)

NCBeachyGrl
September 16th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I hope AF doesn't show! I could never get pg with a cutoff. For some reason that just never worked for me. Have you been BD'ing many times around O now or looked into dropping some sway stuff?

Mrs_P
September 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM
we did try this month at opk+ and the day later but don't want to drop too much as i really want a baby girl (to be honest i'd be all for adoption but dh won't consider it) so need to give myself the best chance, we really only wanted 3 children but i convinced him to try again for a girl (not that he put up much of fight)

am considering begging the doctor for clomid next month, maybe sort out my weird cycles and sway pink if he'd give it me. boys were all first month of trying though and i am ovulating so not sure he would

Cinss
September 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I had no idea it was my month, i didnt get any symptoms in the 2ww at all, although maybe i did but didnt think anything of it, one time when i was in the shower i noticed my CM was white and stringy like a peice of cotton or something, but i didnt even test when i saw that. I tested 1 day after AF was due and got a BFP surprise.

Dreamofpink
September 16th, 2012, 05:26 PM
This is a great question Mrs P! I knew immediately after dtd that I'd conceived, then became a little less confident through the 2WW with both of my boys, but I only used a pregnancy test to confirm what I knew when af was due. We've been ttc for a year now and I've been 100% certain that I've conceived a few times and gutted to find out that I haven't. However, the months when I was certain I hadn't, I was 100% correct! I didn't get the knowing feeling this month, but I'm beginning to wonder if it was the ov symptom that caught me by surprise each time as I had no idea then how my cycles worked, except for the bare minimum. This time I knew exactly when I was going to ov due to cm, opk+ and cp! It was no surprise to me although I did have a brief panic seeing the EWCM a few hours after dtd as it was exactly the same as when I conceived my two boys. Beachy, I can't conceive using a cut-off either, the last year has proven that! It's just scary getting so close to ov as that's how I got my DSs! I'm 3dpo and have had weird cramps this evening like I've pulled something in my tummy but lower down near my c-section scars and I feel quite bloated. I remember obsessing over 2ww symptoms with DS2 but I hardly had any. I've had some impressive 2ww symptoms over the last year when I was convinced I've conceived, so am reluctant to believe they mean anything now! I'd convinced myself that I wouldn't conceive this month, but would dearly love to have done. For once, I'm really relaxed about it all despite DH trying to 'have a talk' about giving up on it all now! No chance!! Where's the BFP fairy when we need her?!! :wink:

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I had been trying for about 6 months using cut off and not falling pregnant, although I had a few months where I thought we had done it and then my af showed up.
I fell pregnant the month we dropped the cutoff, and I had been on the LE diet for a month and lost 8lbs. I had some symptoms in the 2ww such as sore boobs, but I sometimes get that before af anyway. I wasn't convinced we would do it that first month, we bd on the day of +opk with dh doing fr everyday from cd5 to cd17 when I got my +opk.

I think out bodies play tricks on us when we're ttc, so don't worry too much about symptoms during the 2ww.

Really hope you get your BFP very soon! xxx

Dreamofpink
September 17th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Thanks for that Mummypink! That's exactly where I am this month, been on the diet for a month now and it's the first try without a cutoff. It's great to know that it can happen. I really hope this is our month, but dreaming of af showing up when I'm only 4dpo doesn't help! Then again, I dreamt of babies enough times during my 2ww and it meant nothing, so maybe it counts for nothing!

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Fingers crossed this is your month DreamofPink! :) x

The Anchor
September 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Unfortunately all my symptoms are my normal cycle symptoms...thanks for nothing mother nature! I always get sore boobs, bloated feeling, headaches, starting like the day after I O. The only thing maybe different...my boobs were ultra sore, and still are!

Mrs_P
September 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
thanks girls at least it helps knowing nothing or everything is normal so its not worth stressing at the end it will either be or not be but at least i don't need to count myself out (or stupidly in) until the 2ww is over.

good luck dream i hope its your month, will look out for your bfp

i was adamant this month would be it for me, i dreamed a few times about seeing those lines weird i know

Dreamofpink
September 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Thank you Mrs P, I'll be looking out for yours too! :wink:

spinningmadly
September 19th, 2012, 06:40 PM
with this past pregnancy they were checking my progesterone and at 7 dpo it was low and the dr said he wouldnt expect me to get pregnant with it being so low.. so I had planned clomid next month etc..
it was a total shock when I was pregnant and the only reason I tested was bc I have a short LP and my temps stayed up..