PDA

View Full Version : IVF Questions? Feel to stupid to ask Dr

erika
February 11th, 2011, 09:40 PM
If I started with ten antral follicles then took 200 units of puragon for 6 days and still only had 10 follicles is this bad? Also now I will be on 300 units of Puragon for 5 days does this mean I will grow more follicles? And will a dr up the dose of my medication 2 days before egg retrieval? I am so confused as I dont "feel " Like anything is happening?? Also since he has upped my dose he will not monitor me for 5 days is this strange/bad?? Help Please:wave:

nuthinbutpink
February 11th, 2011, 09:53 PM
It would help if we knew the sizes of your follicles at that u/s check(not the initial AFC but the one after you started stims).

I think you hope to retrieve the number of eggs that you see at that AFC and, yes, you may retrieve more. At my AFC I had 12 follicles before stims. I ended up with 23 eggs at ER but only 10 were mature and fertilized and that is how many they had "counted" at my last u/s check before ER so I was shocked when they told me they got 23.

He increased your meds because the eggs are growing slower than he thought and so he increased it to try and get more mature eggs. If we knew their sizes from that scan, we would have more insight as to how you are doing. Average stim days is 10 but you can stim for longer than that by a couple of days without affecting quality hopefully.

I would want to be seen sooner than 5 days more of stims, simply to know what is going on and to perhaps increase stims again if you need it.

I do know that at my day 6 check, it seemed like things were stalling and not going great but my e2 continued to rise nicely and it ended up working out even though things looked bad to me.

erika
February 12th, 2011, 12:23 AM
It would help if we knew the sizes of your follicles at that u/s check(not the initial AFC but the one after you started stims).

I think you hope to retrieve the number of eggs that you see at that AFC and, yes, you may retrieve more. At my AFC I had 12 follicles before stims. I ended up with 23 eggs at ER but only 10 were mature and fertilized and that is how many they had "counted" at my last u/s check before ER so I was shocked when they told me they got 23.

He increased your meds because the eggs are growing slower than he thought and so he increased it to try and get more mature eggs. If we knew their sizes from that scan, we would have more insight as to how you are doing. Average stim days is 10 but you can stim for longer than that by a couple of days without affecting quality hopefully.

I would want to be seen sooner than 5 days more of stims, simply to know what is going on and to perhaps increase stims again if you need it.

I do know that at my day 6 check, it seemed like things were stalling and not going great but my e2 continued to rise nicely and it ended up working out even though things looked bad to me.

Thanks i do not know the size of the follicles only their were 4 leading ones and the rest were smaller! U am really having a difficult time with this waiting game. Thanks for your information/help

PlanB
February 12th, 2011, 04:51 AM
If you feel unsure or uncomfortable about something tell him. I asked the dumbest questions and he smiled and answered them. Truly I don't think he cares what you ask him. He seems so relaxed.

If you want to see him before 6 days then say so. And if you are concerned enough I'm sure he'll see you sooner.

From my observations the extra follicle that appear often wind up as nothing. It is quality not quantity. Just think of my3boys's recent cycle. She thought she was out cos there were so few embies to deal but they got 1 healthy and voilą.

Just concentrate on staying healthy and happy. Prepare your body for a bubs hopefully! You are young so your eggs will be good quality. You don't need lots and lots.

erika
February 14th, 2011, 07:04 AM
all eggs great quality 5 of good size 18ml I think and E2 levels perfect !!! Now still not sure what to do

Snowflakes
February 14th, 2011, 08:13 AM
That all sounds great Erika. The medication increase obviously helped to mature your eggs. Are you still having ER on the 17th?

PlanB
February 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
That sounds great!

ladybird
February 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Yay! FX for you

erika
February 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Hi we cancelled our cycle as only had 5 mature eggs to retrieve and we decided since we were only given a 20 percent chance of succsess and almost 0 chance of taking embies home this was our only option!!

nuthinbutpink
February 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm so sorry Erika but I have been there with a cancelled cycle. Do you plan on trying again?

TWINSplz!
February 18th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I'm so sorry!