PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE** Gena's (suregena) pink "sway" attempt (if you can call it that!)

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 04:59 PM
GIRL "SWAY"

I might be forgetting things, but here we go...

Gender Result:
Unknown

DW Age:

DH Age:

Current Children's Gender(s)
1 boy, 2 1/2 years old.

Number of Months TTC:
This was my 3rd cycle, I think. I believe I missed ovulation the last attempt, and the attempt before then I think it was a chemical... as I had faint positives that then went negative. The previous cycles were 50 and 55 days long, respectively, with me ovulating as late as CD38. This cycle, I ovulated CD19 (had to "drop" the LE diet, mostly... and revert to my usual vegetarian diet, with the odd change)

DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?

Yes + No

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
In the months and failed cycles leading up to this one, I was on the LE Diet. My cycles were long, my ovulation was terribly delayed, and it was getting very frustrating for me. I have picture perfect cycles usually, so it was such a nightmare. I am ALREADY vegetarian and have been for years, so I wondered if maybe it was just too much for me and my husband stopped supporting the diet, so we comprimised in that he would still FR and I would do some other things but eat mostly my normal vegetarian diet with the odd difference (tried to limit cheese and drank mostly soy milk instead of regular cow's milk, etc) and I still tried to skip breakfast as often as I could. I think in the 5 days leading up to O I didn't have any breakfast, so there's *that*, I guess...

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
A couple months on LE diet where I lost weight in the cycles before, but had a terribly affected cycle each time. Went back to my vegetarian diet (with mild changes) and I GAINED weight (sigh... a lot, really... not very pink friendly and quite nervous about that... I managed to make the weight slow down in the couple weeks leading up to O but more like hovering...)

Did you skip breakfast regularly?
I tried since I was back on my normal veggie diet. The days I did have breakfast, it was toast or crumpets but usually no cereal (would eat that ALL the time for breakfast before.)

I tried to not snack but that is SO HARD where I work, so I do believe I had one too many cake/cookie moments at work, unfortunately. Another pink FAIL!

Did DH change his diet with you?
No - there was no need! He's been vegetarian longer than me, in terms of our age difference.

DId you consume alcohol?
No. DH did, though. Not excessively, however.

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No way! I was drinking coffee 1 to 5 times a day. However, I STOPPED drinking tea. Since moving to England, I fell into the habitual tea drinking that happens here. A lot. I drank Yorkshire Tea constantly before my son. So, it was pretty much banned. Coffee or soda, that's it!

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
About 121 (BIG sigh... the cycle before, I was down to 114 - 116... so you can see why resuming my normal diet makes me feel like I ended up being more boy friendly...)

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO

Any VG potions used?
I had one random tube of repHresh that I ended up using I think around CD 14. Likely had no effect on conception, though (I ovulated around CD19)

How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
2 in the fertile window, a day apart (with DH continuing to FR on the 'off' days.) Last BD was CD17 and ovulated around CD19. We also BD'd on CD20 but nothing will likely have come from that.

What I did differently this time, was I stopped using OPKs. I wasted so much money on them and never got a positive (likely due to ovulating later than I was ever expecting to)... I didn't start temping until I noticed fertile signs, also.

Any additional comments?
DH started FR on CD 8 or 9 (can't remember, one of those days)

THE DEED INFO

BD Position
I think it ended up being on top, surprisingly. Both times.

Did you Jump and Dump?
Not quite. No on the first attempt, but second attempt I IMMEDIATELY wiped all that I could away as 1) I got nervous because I forgot to take antihistamine that day, and 2) I felt like he went in a little too deep... but not super deep, though.

Any relevant attempt details?
I had the big O before he released on the attempt closest to ovulation (oops)... but he STARTED IT! DANG IT!

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements

Folic Acid
Soy Isoflavones, CD 3-7... 100, 150, 150, 150, 200mg.
Antihistamine except on the day of last BD attempt before ovulation.

My first failed cycle I was on Vitex (and, actually, off and on since Dec/Jan!). My second failed cycle I tried soy. This one I did soy again because I had enough pills left.

DH Supplements
- In months prior he was taking LR, but he stopped this cycle.

Any additional supplement info?
-

Did you do anything with Ions?
Noooooo.

Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Gibbous

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No.

Things that make me feel great about my sway:

Eh, can't say anything does, really. :worry:

Any of the previous failed cycles I would have felt good... this time, not so much. The weight I gained back immediately, the lack of consistency with not snacking or skipping breakfast (though did skip breakfast as much as I could, but started getting to where I stopped caring, but I wish I had stayed stronger there).

I am still breastfeeding my toddler, which is good. We certainly did more 'odd' stuff than we did when we got pregnant with him, which is different. So, who knows.

Both my husband and I have been vegetarian for years. It could be that we lucked out with our son and maybe we're already girl-prone.

The FR, antihistamines, rephresh, soy isoflavones, drinking soy milk, not eating as much cheese, breastfeeding a child, etc... are all things I and we definitely were not doing when we got pregnant with him.

We'll see what happens. I just got to the point that, especially because I'm flying home to the US for Christmas, timing wasn't on my side... and if this pregnancy sticks, I'll be leaving to visit home when I'm 16 weeks - that is perfect timing for international travelling to me. Not too big/not too small and sick. So, if all of this works out, I welcome this new little one with big, open arms, because regardless, my son needs a sibling, and my heart has been waiting for another child to enter into our little family.

BFP at 8DPO not using FMU (but didn't believe it) and confirmed with afternoon urine today at 12DPO. Must be sending out some good HCG to have picked up at 8DPO when I did, really. I hope that's a good sign (I have had two back to back miscarriages in the past, right before my son.)

pebmcpd7
September 17th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Best wishes Gena, hope it is your little girl, you deserve it!! XXX

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I just noticed there was an automated thing for this at the top of this forum, which I didn't use - oops!

BeadinMom
September 17th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Oh Gena, it must've felt awesome to be able to type this up!! :) I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :)
Can't wait to see that sweet little bean in an u/s pic and I just know it's going to be pink!! ♥

hotdogz&boyz
September 17th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I still think you have a shot at that girl. No caffeine, diet changes, being more relaxed this go-round. Folks have gotten girls on less :) Good luck!!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I still think you have a shot at that girl. No caffeine, diet changes, being more relaxed this go-round. Folks have gotten girls on less :) Good luck!!

I must have typed it weird because I drank loads of caffeine!

Cinss
September 17th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Best of luck Suregena :)

Turning the page
September 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM
This actually sounds similar to my sway, except we only had one attempt at O-2. I had a LOT of cheats the week I ovulated, which made me nervous, and we had intended to wait until the next cycle to "be safe"...but that wasn't to be! My EDD is May 25, so we are very close! In any case, there are plenty of factors that sway pink for you, and I wish you a great nine months!! :)

sweetpea
September 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Yay!! Congratulations, suregena!! :) It still looks like a great pink sway to me!! H&H 9 months to you!!! :)

suregena
December 13th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I found out last night that I'm having a girl!!! Thank you for all your advice during this TTC experience and a big thank you to atomic! :D

rainbowflower
December 13th, 2012, 03:28 AM
congratulations!!

Sweet mummy
December 13th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Congratulations suregena! Must be a wonderful feeling to hear those words!

All the best for the future!

lollylegs
December 13th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Congratulations on your little Willow - I'm so so pleased for you - I could read the nervousness in your sway! I'm so looking forward to having such a story soon. Enjoy your travels home xL

GeCon
December 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Congratulations on being on team pink. :)

auroara78
December 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
congrats hunny.............so happy for u

suregena
December 15th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I hope atomic reads this... considering all the questions I asked her, I hope she knows it worked for me. :)

zanacal
December 16th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Yay, congratulations!