PDA

View Full Version : Farewell ladies!

lindi
February 11th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Well, not really- I am still so fascinated by swaying and will be rooting you all on! But DH and I decided today we will do HT for our daughter. We start next week. Ha! How's that for wild?
The decision really came to how much more likely we are to get pg on one round of IVF vs. natural swaying. The natural swaying girl lowers your fertility a little and I don't even think we'd have the standard 15% chance for a 35 year old each month. We've been quoted pretty good odds of carrying a healthy baby girl to term after one cycle, and if it fails, we're OK, we can try naturally, and maybe then this year isn't our year.
I'll be checking back with you all!

Another princess
February 12th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Wow lindi, thats fantastic! Wishing you all the very best of luck on your HT journey for a daughter. Will have my FX that you get a BFP next month. Many thanks for all the research you have shared on swaying for pink. Really do appreciated it. Will be stalking you to hear of your HT journey XX

Saga
February 12th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Good luck lindi! Looking forward to follow your high tech journey!

Coccinelle33
February 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
wow thats great. your very lucky to be able to get it. best wishes!

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I'm so excited for you! Best of luck and praying for a OHW!!!

Viene
February 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Good luck to you! I hope it all works out for you. I love all the research you've been doing. Thanks for that.

princess-nash
February 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
good luck i hope it all works out for you. :pray:

Orchid
February 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Wow that is pretty wild! Will definitely be following your journey. Good Luck!

lindi
February 23rd, 2011, 12:59 AM
Well- the update so far is my pretesting showed PCOS- a pretty rare form where my hormones are mainly functioning properly- I am fertile- regular cycles, no real symptoms of PCOS, and yet I have the ovaries and enough of the kooky hormones so I have to do BCPs for two weeks and then retest. I am SO GLAD I made this decision just because the pretesting info is invaluable no matter what ultimately happens. For instance, my estrogen is pretty high and I think I would have had a hard time lowering it with the swaying methods I was using.
And to add crazy to crazy I mentioned to my MIL that I just had this PCOS diagnosis which actually ties together some other random health things in my life- and she told me SHE has PCOS. (she has only boys). Did not breathe a word of making plans for another baby tho!

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Just to put people's minds at ease though - people with PCOS can and do conceive girls naturally and through swaying. One of my best friends has PCOS and she has the most gorgeous daughter you have ever seen. It does make it somewhat more likely that you conceive boys, but PCOS does not predestine you to a life without a daughter, even if you cannot go HT.

lindi
February 23rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
This is true! Nothing is 100%!! In fact, so many fertility treatments for PCOS sway pink...such as clomid...and knowing about the PCOS there are even more powerful supplements that would have gotten my hormones lined up more to conceive a girl- for instance, if I was swaying again (I might who knows?) I will definitely consider supplementing with stronger vitamins minerals and herbs- DIM would be great for me, d-chiro-inositol, and LOTS of high quality magnesium. These are thing for MY body that would really line things up tow sway pink. And, I hate hate to say this- for PCOSers, I think apple cider vinegar sways pink - I am serious! I know, I know, it's alkalizing, fine but it SERIOUSLY lowers blood sugar in PCOS women, and this insulin boost will ultimately be reflected in your ovaries and overall hormonal and mineral makeup- and I know it's like, the cornerstone of the blue sway!So glad I know this! Maybe I'll suggest a little "pcos pink sway" idea sticky?

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Yes, that would be a great idea, I will try and get it done.

Viene
February 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I am actually planning a specific PCOS/swaying write up. So, when I get time I will be putting something together.

Lindi, if you don't mind me asking, what was your testosterone level (s)?

Oh yeah, and I agree with Atomic, there are many women with PCOS who have girls, I've even seen ones with known higher levels of testosterone.

TulleExplosion
March 29th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Well, I can be the poster child for what you are looking for. I have PCOS and am going to have my third girl in July. Metformin is my pink helper.

Glittergirl
April 2nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Just to put people's minds at ease though - people with PCOS can and do conceive girls naturally and through swaying. One of my best friends has PCOS and she has the most gorgeous daughter you have ever seen. It does make it somewhat more likely that you conceive boys, but PCOS does not predestine you to a life without a daughter, even if you cannot go HT. I agree, I know three women with PCOS and all three have only daughters, no sons.