PDA

View Full Version : Hotdogz girl sway attempt...its a GIRL!

hotdogz&boyz
September 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
16 week scan says ALL GIRL! I think the biggest factors in my sway were: low blood sugar, breastfeeding, lack of sleep, and DH using licorice root. I doubt I was on the diet long enough to truly have an effect on anything but blood sugar. I also know our timing was not a factor at all (nor was positioning or orgasm...as this baby was likely concieved after our second attempt, which was less "ideal" in girl terms). I do believe that my getting my PPAF so recently (I only had one true AF after my second son before getting pregnant again) really affected my fertility. I ovulated from my left side, which is often the case in less fertile women, since it is "picking up the slack." I think most of the success of my sway was pure dumb luck...with just a bit of "push" to get us over that edge into girly territory. I am so grateful to GD for helping me learn about swaying. I feel very blessed to have such a supportive place to be.

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
GIRL!!!!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boys: Ages 3 & 1
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I was super strict on the LE diet for the two weeks before ovulation. I knew I could not maintain the diet for any duration because of a previous eating disorder and the potential to get obsessive. So I gave myself a month of it, starting at AF and ending when/if I got a BFP. So it wasn't a long-term thing. But I lost 10lbs, went completely veg and ate very little protein, fat, or salt. I was more lenient about the salt since I am still breastfeeding. But I was still much lower than any other point in my life.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
Two weeks. I was doing the IG diet for the month before, but I hated it and ended spending the week or so before AF eating whatever I wanted. So I think it cancelled out what I did the three weeks before. Which is why I say I was only on the diet for two weeks before conception.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
No
Comments regarding DH's diet-
He didn't change much of anything. I bought less red meat. He is not a breakfast eater, usually just drinks a slim-fast. He cut out almost all caffeine though. And drank more crystal light.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I had 1 drink per day
Any Diet Details?
I was previously a salt and caffeine aholic. I also ate mostly meat and had a pretty fattening diet. So I am hoping the drastic change helped me out.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I weighed 156 on a 5'10" frame. I lost 10lbs in the two weeks before I ovulated. It is my lowest conception weight by a good 20lbs.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I avoided all exercise except what was necessary with two small kids. One of whom weighs 27lbs and doesn't walk. So I guess weight lifting ;)
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Around 6.5
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
Didn't check immediately before, but classically ran about 5.5 with the RePhresh
DH pH
No clue
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
Either one or two, I had odd ovulation tests.
BD Dates according to Ovulation 1 Day Before O

Any additional comments?
I got a positive OPK on Wednesday night, indicating I would probably ovulate Thursday evening. We made our attempt on Wednesday night. My OPK went negative on Thursday night. I had MORE EWCM (I had a little on wed/thurs) and tested again on Friday afternoon and got another smiley. We DTD again on Friday night, just in case. But I believe, based on my positive test that I ovulated on Thursday night afterall.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Abstained

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
DH only abstained for 5 days before our "one" attempt. He was taking potions that made me nervous for more. But then, obvious we had another attempt to try not to miss the egg. So that was not an abstaining attempt. I orgasmed on the second attempt, not the first. It was after him. I was also on top for the second attempt.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid

DH Supplements Licorice Root
Cranberry
Magnesium

Any additional supplement info?
DH also takes Zyrtec daily for allergies. He was doing calcium as well.
Did you do anything with Ions?
Lavender candles and body lotion, shower before DTD (washed away what EWCM I could), fans running
Moon Phase during conception?
Full Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
I did the spoon and girl outfit under the bed. We also were in girl biorhythms and moon signs. Although I did not include those as aspects of my way.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
I am pretty confident that our sway was as strong as it could have been. I feel good about the rephresh and the abstaining time/DTD stuff. I feel good about the supps we chose and the weight loss. And not eating meat.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I gave up my diet too early for my comfort. I worked hard to keep my blood sugar low even though i was starving and eating way more than I should have been. I only carried it on for five days strictly. Then started cheating. It appears that implantation was on day 7. But I still skipped breakfast and ate all at one time.
Things worth mentioning:
Statistically, I am inclined to have another boy because of my eating disorder and being a more obsessive person. I worked on keeping my stress levels low. I am also still nursing my toddler and that might have an impact on gender. My sleep patterns were also horrible. I love to sleep and conceived both of my sons while sleeping full nights and getting about 10 hours daily. My "baby" still gets up 3-5 times a night and doesn't let me rest more than 2-3 hours at a time. So maybe that will help too!

sweetpea
September 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Congrats on your BFP, hotdogz!! You did a great job - I hope this is a sticky pink bean!! Good luck!! :)

hotdogz&boyz
December 7th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Just bumping for those who obsessively study these things like it did :D

BabyGirl4Me
December 7th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Mbmk
December 7th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Well done congrats on your princess xx

Butterfly Spirit
December 7th, 2012, 11:56 PM

:cheer: HUGE 7051 Hotdogz, this is your moment, and you should enjoy it!!! Celebrate, and go and buy some PINK! :cheer:

mariposa
December 8th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Congrats on your girl!!!! So happy for you!!! :cheer:

Tiggerian
December 8th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Yay congrats on your baby girl!!

Cinss
December 8th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Congrats on your great sway and your lovely DAUGHTER!

Smiley13
December 8th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Congrats! How exciting!!

sweetpea
December 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Oh yay, CONGRATS!!!! Enjoy your daughter!!! :awe:

mindyjean
December 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Congratulations and thanks for all of the information!

lollylegs
December 9th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I'm loving all these "success" stories! Congratulations on your DD - hoping it's a wonderful pregnancy with that knowledge she is with you xL

justlikeme
December 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I hope you are still around this site, I would like to ask you, why you said that " statistically , I'm inclined to have another boy because of my eating disorder and being a more obsessive personae..." I did have a eating disorder when I was a teenager I didn't know that will sway blue, can you please explain to me why? Thank you and congratulations with your girl :)