PDA

View Full Version : why do vegetarians have more girls???

mkarntz1980
February 12th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I have noticed that they have more girls.....is it because they dont eat meat?? please explain.

Coccinelle33
February 12th, 2011, 09:30 AM
i an a vegetarian and i have 4 boys and have actually swayed for a girl 3 times and only had a girl once. i don't eat any meat, sea food, or eggs. but i do eat cheese and milk.

pinksapphire
February 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
i an a vegetarian and i have 4 boys and have actually swayed for a girl 3 times and only had a girl once. i don't eat any meat, sea food, or eggs. but i do eat cheese and milk.

Most of the vegetarians I know have boys although there are two that I know that have 4 girls and 2 girls, respectively. The couple w/ 4 girls, both are vegetarians. Maybe that makes the difference? Don't know!

Coccinelle33
February 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Most of the vegetarians I know have boys although there are two that I know that have 4 girls and 2 girls, respectively. The couple w/ 4 girls, both are vegetarians. Maybe that makes the difference? Don't know!

my husband is a big meat and potato type guy. he eats a lot of red meat and not a whole lot of veggies (besides potatoes).

lindi
February 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Vegetarians, IMO have better healthier diets, so that sways boy, but I think no meat sways girl. A low saturated fat diet has been show to sway girl, and vegetarian is usually low in sat. fat. I think there may be a link to calcium balance and being a vegetarian, with meat eaters needed more calcium in general, and there may or may not be a link to calcium swaying girl. And vegetarians I think in general eat less protein, and less testosterone producing protein, which lowers testosterone which sways girl. But I remember reading a study and yes, vegetarians have slightly but statistically relevant number of more girls. That means vegetarians have boys, too. I am a vegetarian with a boy. The reasons why it sways aren't super clear to me, Atomic can probably explain, but these were just a few little ideas.

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I have noticed that they have more girls.....is it because they dont eat meat?? please explain.

They don't know, but statistically speaking, they do have more girls.

I ~personally~ believe that it's a lower protein, lower sodium, vegetable based diet and also a lot of vegetarians are very thin which helps.

It is not any kind of a magic bullet though, there are plenty of exceptions.

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Vegetarians, IMO have better healthier diets, so that sways boy, but I think no meat sways girl. A low saturated fat diet has been show to sway girl, and vegetarian is usually low in sat. fat. I think there may be a link to calcium balance and being a vegetarian, with meat eaters needed more calcium in general, and there may or may not be a link to calcium swaying girl. And vegetarians I think in general eat less protein, and less testosterone producing protein, which lowers testosterone which sways girl. But I remember reading a study and yes, vegetarians have slightly but statistically relevant number of more girls. That means vegetarians have boys, too. I am a vegetarian with a boy. The reasons why it sways aren't super clear to me, Atomic can probably explain, but these were just a few little ideas.

MAJOR thumbs up! Low sodium and possibly higher soy intake amongst vegans may affect gender ratio as well. Interestingly, I read somewhere that vegans have even more daughters than vegetarians who eat dairy which is a further strange observation in terms of whether dairy sways pink or not.

What we all need to remember is, even though we don't KNOW exactly what mechanisms are at play (yet) we can still try to emulate the things that do seem to work. Low protein, low calorie, low nutrient, low fat diet and low sperm count :agree:

pinksapphire
February 14th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I just wanted to add that the other woman I was talking about who has two girls and is a vegetarian also does cardio every morning (on the elliptical) and drinks tons of Diet Coke and sugar free junk and is not healthy at all. Always stressed to the max (for no reason, seriously, it's her personality) but sugar free is like her motto although she does drink coffee and caffeine and NO dairy ever.

It's so hard to figure out! I know for me I conceived a girl when both DH and I were heavy into working out (cardio and weights and my DH was huge, muscle-wise), eating a high dairy, very, very low fat diet w/ sugar free stuff too. But the working out thing really makes me scratch my head b/c we were both very muscular (very thin but muscular) and did weights and cardio 5 to 6 days a week for years and years. We conceived our boys when we were not working out at all. ???? Ack!So confusing!

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2011, 11:48 AM
It's what is happening inside your body that sways, and it isn't always apparent from externals what that may be. You can do everything "girl" but if your body still has boy chemistry, you'll be more likely to conceive a boy, and vice versa.

I WISH I had easy answers, but just like with everything involving the human body, so little is known about how it all works that we can only make educated guesses.

Some people smoke their entire lives and never get lung cancer, and some people who have never smoked get it. But of course, that doesn't mean that smoking doesn't cause cancer, just that there are so many other variables at play that it makes it difficult on an individual basis to predict who will get cancer and who won't...does that make any kind of sense??

tryingforfour
February 26th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I'm vegan w/ 3 boys. I used to eat way too much soy (not everyday but at least few times a week), which I believe was making me a bit estrogen-dominant.

suregena
April 6th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Both my husband and I are vegetarians (no meat or fish or things like stuff made using animal rennet or gelatin... but we eat eggs and cheese/milk/dairy.)
We have a boy.

Buuut... we probably get good amounts of protein and fat because we LOVE our treats, we LOVE burritos, we LOVE cheese, etcetera. But we do eat pretty healthy. We don't drink soda, but we drink a lot of coffee/tea. We don't eat heavily soy, but we eat quorn more often for fake meat stuff... but I have no idea what quorn would "sway"... as I know soy tends to lean girl? But we certainly are a bean burrito and lentils sort.

It will be hard to give up the amount of beans we eat when we attempt the girl sway!

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I looked into quorn once before and it is heavily salted and does have protein - it's not prime rib but probably does still sway blue.

It's TOTALLY possible to TTC a boy on a vegetarian diet - there are NO magic foods or magic diets, it's whether your body believes food is plentiful or not that counts.

mis2ninos
July 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
MAJOR thumbs up! Low sodium and possibly higher soy intake amongst vegans may affect gender ratio as well. Interestingly, I read somewhere that vegans have even more daughters than vegetarians who eat dairy which is a further strange observation in terms of whether dairy sways pink or not.

I know a couple who are vegans and eat no dairy or eggs they have 4 daughters. .....Interesting, wish there was a study on this.....is there??

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Yes, there is, in the science section and the link to it is also in the "complete index".

mis2ninos
July 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, there is, in the science section and the link to it is also in the "complete index".

great thanks! my wish came true ;)

XXdreaming
July 28th, 2011, 11:34 PM

I always say I would be a vegetarian if it wasn't for chicken lol its the only meat I will eat, I am like you no sea food or eggs and I am a horrible dairy eater, I HATE milk and not a big fan of cheese, yogurt ect, I definitely have to take a calcium supplement because of this, I am the most pickiest eater in the world, there isn't much I do like to eat lol so I don't believe the whole diet and swaying because I am a poor eater and my diet more matches a girls sway and yet I have 4 boys lol

zanacal
July 29th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Hi Melinda :D Do you mind sharing what you do eat? Thank you x

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I always say I would be a vegetarian if it wasn't for chicken lol its the only meat I will eat, I am like you no sea food or eggs and I am a horrible dairy eater, I HATE milk and not a big fan of cheese, yogurt ect, I definitely have to take a calcium supplement because of this, I am the most pickiest eater in the world, there isn't much I do like to eat lol so I don't believe the whole diet and swaying because I am a poor eater and my diet more matches a girls sway and yet I have 4 boys lol

Please understand that it's not the diet that sways per se, but what your BODY is doing because of the diet. If your body stays boy-friendly regardless of the diet (and there are other factors like testosterone and CM quality that can be highly affected by other lifestyle factors), you'll have more boys even if you eat straight from the girl diet.

Diet has far and away the most evidence backing it up.

LolaInLove
July 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I just wanted to add that the other woman I was talking about who has two girls and is a vegetarian also does cardio every morning (on the elliptical) and drinks tons of Diet Coke and sugar free junk and is not healthy at all. Always stressed to the max (for no reason, seriously, it's her personality) but sugar free is like her motto although she does drink coffee and caffeine and NO dairy ever.

It's so hard to figure out! I know for me I conceived a girl when both DH and I were heavy into working out (cardio and weights and my DH was huge, muscle-wise), eating a high dairy, very, very low fat diet w/ sugar free stuff too. But the working out thing really makes me scratch my head b/c we were both very muscular (very thin but muscular) and did weights and cardio 5 to 6 days a week for years and years. We conceived our boys when we were not working out at all. ???? Ack!So confusing!

This was exactly how my ex-Dh and I were when we conceived our girls. Very low sodium, low fat diet. I did drink Crystal Light and sugar-free drinks with Splenda a lot. I never ate breakfast and really ate very little.....my ex was very into being thin and fit, and by osmosis, I was also.

XXdreaming
July 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Hi Melinda :D Do you mind sharing what you do eat? Thank you x

it hasnt really changed much in the past 10yrs lol, I do boost chocolate drink (used to drink slim fast) in the morning with one of those fiber one bars(added the fiber bar whenever they came out) and then usually nothing for lunch unless it was an early morning and then I feel like I am starving I do another boost chocolate drink, then for supper I eat normally what I fix for dh and the boys and just eat what I like lol, its skinless boneless chicken in the oven with veggies alot, I am more of a veggie eater than a fruit eater, i like apples and sometimes bananas but not real big on those, I like all my veggies cooked I cant eat them raw, I like cooked brocolli, LOVE cauliflower cooked anyway, absolutely LOVE fried squash, and LOVE sweet potatoes, I will eat mashed potatoes but not often, I do like corn, and cooked carrots, I hate beans, any kind of beans including green beans ewww lol and like okra but will only eat it if its fried and I do eat turkey, I forgot about that, but its only around thanksgiving because my husband or boys arent big turkey eaters, I will eat lettuce, hate tomatoes, like onions but hate the after taste so I dont eat those much, love peppers any kind jalepeno, bell peppers etc, my husband and boys like other meats such as beef, pork, deer, fish, rabbit, squirrel(my husband and oldest son is a hunter) so on those nights I cook that kind of meat I normally make sure there is some of my favorite vegetables to eat, oh I do cook chicken differently other than the oven, its just healthier that way so thats why we do that more often, I do fry it, cut it up for chicken nuggest, I do like rice, and like noodles(not spaghetti or lasagna nothing tomato like...big yuck lol), I am not a bread eater, I can do rolls smothered in butter lol but not a big fan of any kind of bread, I know there is probably more I eat, but thats all I can think of now, I know I have just been told all my life I am a picky eater lol but now that I list it out it seems like a lot, maybe I should write it down for dh so he will stop griping at me lol, but I guess its because I turn my nose up to more food than I am willing to eat lol

oh and drinks I am more 90% water drinker, I do like tea but it has to be decaf I dont like the way caffeinated tea taste like lol, I can only drink coffee when I am pregnant, one of my weird cravings becasue I dont like coffee when I am not pregnant lol, i used to be a big dr. pepper drinker before I got pregnant with ds1 but when I found out I was pregnant with him, I stopped and then breastfeeding didnt want to drink it then, then ds2 and bfin and so on, I did try it after I weaned ds4 but it didnt taste like it used to so I couldnt drink it lol, I hate Koolaide and anything like it such as crystal light lol and there isnt any soda pop that I have tried and liked so I just stick with water and sometimes decaf tea

zanacal
July 30th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks melinda - you're right, it does sound like a girl diet!

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks melinda - you're right, it does sound like a girl diet!

Some people can overcome the girl diet - rem. it's not what you eat and drink per se that sways, it's what your body DOES as a result. If your body stays boy friendly despite being on a girl diet, you're more likely to conceive a boy.

XXdreaming
July 31st, 2011, 12:12 PM
Some people can overcome the girl diet - rem. it's not what you eat and drink per se that sways, it's what your body DOES as a result. If your body stays boy friendly despite being on a girl diet, you're more likely to conceive a boy.

How would you fix that? If my body stays boy friendly despite being on a girl diet, what else can I do?maybe eat less? Or Just work more with my ph or vaginal envirnment more? Something causing me to have lots of boys I gotta figure it out lol

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Do the diet as best you can, in addition to doing other things like RepHresh, antihistamine, jump and dump, and either abstinence/frequent release to lower your husband's sperm count. You might want to consider saw palmetto for yourself and licorice root for DH.

XXdreaming
July 31st, 2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks I am a one sided swayer lol dh isn't on board, secretly I think its because he got his boys,, and don't really care for any more kids but okayed #5 because we somehow managed to get pregnant and lost he/she and he said he already got over the fact he was having 5 kids but made me swear I would tie my tubes after the birth of this one(well gotta concieve first lol) that's why I pray for twins lol I will look into saw palmetto more and might try it, thanks :)

atomic sagebrush
July 31st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Melinda, that is exactly how my husband is and was. He said point blank he didn't really want a girl and was quite relieved when DS 4 was a boy. In his defense I don't think he ever really realized how deep my GD went. I think you can still have a great sway without your DH (and see my latest couple posts in the Science section if you want a more indepth explanation of why that might be.)

I'm so sorry for your loss - praying twin girls for you!!!

Layla
August 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
it hasnt really changed much in the past 10yrs lol, I do boost chocolate drink (used to drink slim fast) in the morning with one of those fiber one bars(added the fiber bar whenever they came out) and then usually nothing for lunch unless it was an early morning and then I feel like I am starving I do another boost chocolate drink, then for supper I eat normally what I fix for dh and the boys and just eat what I like lol, its skinless boneless chicken in the oven with veggies alot, I am more of a veggie eater than a fruit eater, i like apples and sometimes bananas but not real big on those, I like all my veggies cooked I cant eat them raw, I like cooked brocolli, LOVE cauliflower cooked anyway, absolutely LOVE fried squash, and LOVE sweet potatoes, I will eat mashed potatoes but not often, I do like corn, and cooked carrots, I hate beans, any kind of beans including green beans ewww lol and like okra but will only eat it if its fried and I do eat turkey, I forgot about that, but its only around thanksgiving because my husband or boys arent big turkey eaters, I will eat lettuce, hate tomatoes, like onions but hate the after taste so I dont eat those much, love peppers any kind jalepeno, bell peppers etc, my husband and boys like other meats such as beef, pork, deer, fish, rabbit, squirrel(my husband and oldest son is a hunter) so on those nights I cook that kind of meat I normally make sure there is some of my favorite vegetables to eat, oh I do cook chicken differently other than the oven, its just healthier that way so thats why we do that more often, I do fry it, cut it up for chicken nuggest, I do like rice, and like noodles(not spaghetti or lasagna nothing tomato like...big yuck lol), I am not a bread eater, I can do rolls smothered in butter lol but not a big fan of any kind of bread, I know there is probably more I eat, but thats all I can think of now, I know I have just been told all my life I am a picky eater lol but now that I list it out it seems like a lot, maybe I should write it down for dh so he will stop griping at me lol, but I guess its because I turn my nose up to more food than I am willing to eat lol

oh and drinks I am more 90% water drinker, I do like tea but it has to be decaf I dont like the way caffeinated tea taste like lol, I can only drink coffee when I am pregnant, one of my weird cravings becasue I dont like coffee when I am not pregnant lol, i used to be a big dr. pepper drinker before I got pregnant with ds1 but when I found out I was pregnant with him, I stopped and then breastfeeding didnt want to drink it then, then ds2 and bfin and so on, I did try it after I weaned ds4 but it didnt taste like it used to so I couldnt drink it lol, I hate Koolaide and anything like it such as crystal light lol and there isnt any soda pop that I have tried and liked so I just stick with water and sometimes decaf tea

Your diet sounds very similar to what mine was before I started swaying, except I did not eat meat everyday not even chicken and I did drink at least 3 cups of milk every day one of which was coffee (cupuchino from a cafe) and I did eat seafood. Not sure if this helps you. Hmmmm my dh does not eat anything other than what i prepare for him so he pretty much ate the same stuff that I did. That helps in putting him on the same diet as me, although he does snack in between meals which I did not, but that will help in my boy sway and not your girl sway.

queen-of-harts
August 1st, 2011, 05:43 PM

Your diet looks pretty boy friendly to me from that list you just gave :)

queen-of-harts
August 1st, 2011, 05:45 PM
I meant to say i do the slimfast and boost drinks in the morning and they have all SORTS of vitamins.

XXdreaming
August 1st, 2011, 05:47 PM
Your diet looks pretty boy friendly to me from that list you just gave :)

really? maybe it is lol since I do have all boys lol :) didnt really compare to much just remember reading the list and thinking I like and eat more on the girls list than I do the boys diet list lol but maybe I should sit and make a list, maybe I do eat more of whats on the boys list :)

queen-of-harts
August 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
really? maybe it is lol since I do have all boys lol :) didnt really compare to much just remember reading the list and thinking I like and eat more on the girls list than I do the boys diet list lol but maybe I should sit and make a list, maybe I do eat more of whats on the boys list :) Well maybe not everything but your drinking those shakes,your eating a variety of veggies,your love sweet potatoes those are high in potassium and other good stuff i believe,you love fried squash what do you cook that in? Most oils sway blue i think and you mentioned fried chicken? rolls smothered in butter,is that salt free butter? lol I eat ALOT of Diary mostly low fat but i think that gets lost in everything else i eat lol so while you are eating alot of girl friendly stuff maybe you eat just as much boy friendly stuff?

queen-of-harts
August 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
Remember those boost shakes are made for people who are not eating as good as they should so they are meant to give you what your missing in one little bottle.I have fallen pregnant 3 times on slimfast shakes.i lost 10-15 pounds each time but i really think the vitamins in the shakes won over my weightloss as far as swaying goes :)

XXdreaming
August 1st, 2011, 07:05 PM
yeah I have thought about the boost shakes, so I *plan* lol to not drink them during ttc time, and to cut back on the things that I do like thats on the boy diet list just to be on the safe side and I need to find something I like to replace the boost...

btw I use good old fashion REAL (fattening) butter lol I dont eat it much but when I do I want the good stuff lol and everything is fried in vegetable oil :/ was looking into coconut oil....wonder if that sways

queen-of-harts
August 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Well good luck! I know this whole "can i eat this" thing can be confusing! Hopefully some others can look at your diet and help you better because im no expert lol

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Coconut oil sways blue unfortunately. Lowfat is the way to go for TTC pink.

Nutshell version of eat this, not that...if your body thinks times are good and you have access to lots of different, healthy foods, you're more likely to conceive a boy. If your body thinks times are bad and you have less access to calories, protein, fats, and wide array of nutrients, you're more likely to conceive a boy.

It is NOT what you eat that matters at all. You can conceive a boy on cranberries and milk, and a girl on potatoes, potatoes, and more potatoes (and plenty of folks have). It's what is happening in your body that matters. There are no magic foods.

XXdreaming
August 5th, 2011, 12:57 PM
So I could drink my boost as long as the potassium stays low and I cut my supper way down and maybe skip supper and live on boost haha

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 12:44 PM
if you were to live on Boost (like you had 2 a day and nothing else) yes, that would prob. sway pink regardless.

Personally I would skip 'em.

spidy
October 31st, 2011, 03:12 AM
Atomic, since I have been following your blog and reading all your advise it makes so much sense to me now. I can't help but think about all my friends and family and try to work out their diets/lifestyle/hormones!! A few things I noticed...

1) my mother and all her family are vegetarians. She had my brother then me. Now when my mum married my dad (in the old days) she said she felt the luckiest in the world and and actually beat another lady to the alter. They had my brother quite quickly and I wonder if it was her testosterone levels were high from her "accomplishment". Also my mum is super healthy (veg,lentils,greens) slim, and very conscious of her figure. What was interesting was that after a couple of years, my dad's nasty side started coming out and he got abusive. She also become much slimmer due to stress looking after son and cooking and in laws. Then she concieved me!! She's still a very proud woman, she lets no one know about her suffering and protects my dad fiercly. hhmmm

2)My auntie and uncle on the other hand are also vegetarians but really unhealthy. Both are overweight and diet consists of same food groups (I used to hate going there for dinner) and full of carbs. (she's diabetic now) They have 3 daughters and she aborted her 4th (also girl)!!

My mums other sister (elder) is also very very healthy vegetarians (infact both her sons are Doctors). They don't drink, smoke, eat an amazing variety of organic veg. Interesting I think!!

Now me, I was very healthy when I conceived my boys on lots of fruit, meat, potatoes, lentils, lots of green veg. Variety is key our house, NEVER have the same meals in any 3 weeks and NEVER eat leftovers. I love to cook and feed everyone. I am high testosterone (ring finger is longer than index, 2nd toe is really long, big toe hairy, 1 annoying thick hair on chin since 20 year old (am 36 now) and I started my periods at 16 years old. Get angered quickly, very competitive in terms of I have have the cleanest, nicest house, my cooking is better than anyone elses, my opinions are important, and also in sport which all my friends state about me. (I know I sound awful). One interesting connection was that even though my mum's testosterone and body condition was lower when she concieved me, could it be that due to her 'normal' personality she still had enough male hormones to affect me inutero? I know there is a connection between having longer ring fingers, 2nd toes to being exposed to higher levels of testosterone in the womb. Oh I'm also left handed like I wasn't doomed enough.

I also kept asking my closest cousin sister what she did when she had boy then girl, and the only thing that stands out regarding her testosterone what that she suffered post natal depression and I remember it went on for 2 years

atomic sagebrush
October 31st, 2011, 10:05 AM
spidy, I totally agree and those are very interesting observations!!! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us because it really helps illustrate how the theories play out in the real world.

I also wonder about the maternal testosterone in utero = more sons idea. By all rights I think my mom "should" be a boy mom in a lot of ways but she smokes A LOT and I wonder how much testosterone I was basking in even as a fetus LOL. So I was a girl becos of the smoking but the environment perhaps lead me to being higher T than some other gals are, hence the 4 boys. My sister by my mom, also has a boy BTW.

That having been said, I know of a lot of boy moms from IG that were one of three girls, so who knows?? Fun to speculate about tho.

babydes56
October 31st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Spidy, are both you & your DH vegetarians?

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 10:23 AM
I am one of 2 girls and I can't imagine my mum has had high testosterone at any point in her life, it's just not her personality. Funnily enough, everybody says my personality is more like my dad's!

spidy
October 31st, 2011, 07:58 PM
Spidy, are both you & your DH vegetarians?

No we both both eat alot of lean chicken, lamb and sea food. Oh and eggs at least 2 times/week. We also love drinking wine, easily polish of a bottle with dinner most night and then we eat out every weekend so alot of rich food and variety.
Growing up me and DH only ate meat once a week (we have similar backgrounds), otherwise it was the same types of food every day. veg and carbs. White rice was a staple.

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Thank you!! The more info we have, the better!!

Kris217
November 7th, 2011, 08:27 PM
My donor is a vegetarian and I think that contributed to me having a girl.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Oh Kris, I just read this. I hope you're ok. I'm actually really excited for you but I just hope you're doing well.

envisioned
December 2nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
I'm just doing a friendly bump to this thread b/c I just started one about Vegans having more boys, based on absolutely no scientific evidence, just observation in the public eye. I find this absolutely fascinating b/c it goes against the whole theory of eating boy diet foods. HOWEVER it does compliment the alkaline diet.

All of the vegeterians I know IRL have boys. So I've been doing more research on it b/c it's making me wish in many ways when I swayed with for a boy with DD2, that I had just done the alkaline diet vs the boy diet.

Kris217
December 3rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
Oh Kris, I just read this. I hope you're ok. I'm actually really excited for you but I just hope you're doing well.

Oh yeah I'm doing fine now. I think I'm over the shock and have accepted I'm having a girl. I packed away all my boys clothing and bought some more girl stuff so that helped. Sometimes I still call her by my boy name, just habit I guess. So now it's just figuring out a girls names I like. My partner still wants to try so who knows maybe she'll have us a boy :)

atomic sagebrush
December 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Oh yeah I'm doing fine now. I think I'm over the shock and have accepted I'm having a girl. I packed away all my boys clothing and bought some more girl stuff so that helped. Sometimes I still call her by my boy name, just habit I guess. So now it's just figuring out a girls names I like. My partner still wants to try so who knows maybe she'll have us a boy :)

I hope so! Good luck to you!!

atomic sagebrush
December 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I'm just doing a friendly bump to this thread b/c I just started one about Vegans having more boys, based on absolutely no scientific evidence, just observation in the public eye. I find this absolutely fascinating b/c it goes against the whole theory of eating boy diet foods. HOWEVER it does compliment the alkaline diet.

All of the vegeterians I know IRL have boys. So I've been doing more research on it b/c it's making me wish in many ways when I swayed with for a boy with DD2, that I had just done the alkaline diet vs the boy diet.

If you did the traditional boy diet (with all the salt, no calcium, Rice Krispies with non-dairy creamer for breakfast) I personally believe it's a miracle anyone conceives a boy with that. Not what I advise at all.

It's not the alkalinity that matters though, it's the overall quality of nutrients in your diet, protein, healthy fat, caloric intake, quantity of your CM...pH is very far down the list of things that make a difference. Don't hang your hat on pH because it is a tiny drop in an ocean of things that sway.

I'm working on a diet plan and cookbook for vegetarians who want to sway blue. Hope you stick with us because you may find the advice on other sites is not the same as on this site.

envisioned
December 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks Atomic!

I really wish I had found your blog before I swayed with my 2nd. I remember I found your Trvers Willard Hypothesis blog post AFTER I had DD2. And I remember reading it late at night going oh dear God.

That other diet, ruined me. I remember sitting down thinking if I just add salt, it will help. Instead I felt like death and my body was screaming that it felt like crap. And that little voice in my head was saying, if you feel like crap, how is it that you're creating the best environment for a boy sperm to surivive?

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I completely and totally understand and agree envisioned. Check out the InBetweener Holiday diet thread (for vegetarians that want to sway blue) and you can see what I'm going for and get a couple recipes, and I will type out the IB Diet plan and have it for you in a couple days (been meaning to do this forever, sorry!!)

JoJo1984
March 7th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Please understand that it's not the diet that sways per se, but what your BODY is doing because of the diet. If your body stays boy-friendly regardless of the diet (and there are other factors like testosterone and CM quality that can be highly affected by other lifestyle factors), you'll have more boys even if you eat straight from the girl diet.

Diet has far and away the most evidence backing it up.

This is so discouraging :(
How do you make your body less boy friendly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebigwish
March 7th, 2018, 04:05 AM
I looked into quorn once before and it is heavily salted and does have protein - it's not prime rib but probably does still sway blue.

It's TOTALLY possible to TTC a boy on a vegetarian diet - there are NO magic foods or magic diets, it's whether your body believes food is plentiful or not that counts.

Interesting. How can i feel/know that my body believes food is plenty? I can fast a long time without getting hungry ever. Is that a good sign?

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2018, 12:21 PM
This is so discouraging :(
How do you make your body less boy friendly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By following the diet. The diet makes your body more pink friendly. So people who are doing 700 things that sway blue and then think "oh I'm a vegetarian so I am GUARANTEED a girl" - no, it doesn't work that way. You can still get a boy with a vegetarian diet, it does not mean that being a vegetarian is not a good way to get a girl, because it still is.

You are not understanding the context of my reply there. People were basically asking me "if veg diets sway pink why do I know so many people who have boys on vegetarian diets, then?" And my reply was explaining that it is not just following a diet that really sways, it's the diet's effect on your body, and if you have other things that are swaying blue for you, you can still get a boy on a vegetarian diet. This is simply reality.

Swaying is not a guarantee, if you will sink into waves of despair when faced by the reality that swaying is not 100% effective (because it isn't, and anyone who says differently is lying) then you need to seriously consider high tech.

Diet changes your body and then your body does the stuff that makes you have a boy or a girl. That's all I was trying to say there. Diet is a great, effective sway tactic. It works, we know it works, but it's just more complicated than people want to make it out to be because the body is a complex system with LOTS of variables that can come into play.

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Interesting. How can i feel/know that my body believes food is plenty? I can fast a long time without getting hungry ever. Is that a good sign?

Worrying about these kind of details is not good for your sway. Please just do what has worked for most people most of the time and don't go down these rabbit holes in 7 year old posts where my comments are being totally taken out of context.

We know based on our results that LE Diet 12 weeks or more plus coffee, fiber, and alcohol works. Exercise works. Do those things. Don't sit around worrying about your body and what it's doing every second and pondering the meaning of it all because that is control-freak thinking that does sway blue.