PDA

View Full Version : Am I over reacting?

Praying4Pink
September 18th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I am just wondering if I am over reacting here. DH and I have been ttc # 2 for about 6 months. Normally I wouldn't be so impatient BUT I have a history of infertility issues. With our son, it took 16 months and in those 16 months we had 3 failed IUI's. We ended up getting pregnant naturally. From past experience we know DH has low count/motility. I have already gone through the whole IF testing (dye in tubes, ultra sounds, blood work, etc...) but now that I am 31, I am wondering if my chances are decreasing. Am I over reacting or should I be concerned that we have been ttc for 6 months with no success?

The Anchor
September 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM
They say seek help after a year if you're under 35, and after 6 months if you're over 35. I don't think you're over reacting, I'd probably be the same. What about getting a script for Clomid?

Praying4Pink
September 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
They say seek help after a year if you're under 35, and after 6 months if you're over 35. I don't think you're over reacting, I'd probably be the same. What about getting a script for Clomid?

Hey Anchor! I have tried Clomid before and I stim very well on it BUT it didn't help get us pregnant because of DH's issues. I really believe that if the problem is male related then Clomid really doesn't help unless the man is taking it also. I don't know if my DH will be willing to do anything with the doctor's because of all the money we spent last time to no avail. I was just curious if the 1 year rule applies to couples already considered infertile?

alreadyneedivf
September 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
they say wait a year but I think most people I know go earlier than that to get help. Why not be aggressive?

The Anchor
September 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
It sounds like DH needs some help with increasing his sperm count. I know swaying pink tends to lower fertility in general, so you might have to adjust some aspects of your sway...like Atomic says, you can't get your DG if you can't get pregnant!

There are some positions and lubes that are good for sperm count...
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/2320-links-info-about-sperm-sperm-count-including-lubes-sex-positions.html

Cinss
September 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Its totally normal for a healthy fertile couple to take up to a year to fall pregnant, longer if there are fertility issues. For us it took 10 months for number 2.

Praying4Pink
September 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks ladies! Anchor I pretty much nixed the pink sway deal once I found out that it was going to take longer with a pink sway. I just don't think a pink sway is the best option for someone who doesn't fall pregnant easily anyway. But yes, I did sway pink for a couple times and then just dropped the whole thing altogether. Thanks for the link!

I love your attitude Alreadyneedivf! Be aggressive is my motto too, lol. I just didn't want to jump the gun.

Cinss how long did it take you to fall pregnant with your daughter, if you don't mind me asking? I like to gather statistics and such so I can convince myself that "I AM NORMAL" lol.

Cinss
September 19th, 2012, 05:34 PM
When we decided to try for a baby i came off the pill and fell pregnant straight away (no AF at all) but unfortunatly that one ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks. We decided to wait 3 months to let my body go back to normal and try again, we fell pregnant with DD the first month trying. So we assumed that the same thing would happen this time and were quite shocked at how long it took us.

Praying4Pink
September 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM
When we decided to try for a baby i came off the pill and fell pregnant straight away (no AF at all) but unfortunatly that one ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks. We decided to wait 3 months to let my body go back to normal and try again, we fell pregnant with DD the first month trying. So we assumed that the same thing would happen this time and were quite shocked at how long it took us.

Yes Cinss I can imagine how much of a shock it must have been to get BFN month after month...after month. I have a friend who tried for #1 for 16 month...the exact amount of time as me. We got pregnant the same month so our kids are 3 days apart. Well she started trying for #2 and BAM she got pregnant the second month...with twins. I was just a bit disappointed that it isn't happening as fast with me. I know it will happen eventually but it is just so frustrating every month. Thanks for the encouragement though...Oh and Congrats on the BFP :running:

praying4boy
November 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I know that its easy to get stressed out when you don't recieve BFP right away... this is our 2nd month ttc #2, and when i didnt get bfp last month i was upset for 1 day and then i thought oh on the bright side I have a whole another month of supplements to help me sway boy as i had just started trying to sway 2 weeks b4 that 1st attempt... when we had our DD we tried for 3 months.. I stressed so bad the first 2 months we got negative and that was at age 23! the 3rd month we said we were done "trying" and low and behold thats when we got a BFP!!! I think stress can contribute to infertility. Have you ever seen that movie "What to Expect when your expecting?" Theirs a woman on their whom tried for 2 years and the minute she said im done trying, that night she got preg. usually how it happens.

Also, BTW... i dont think age is hurting you as bad as you think. look at all the celebrities having babies in their 40s and your in your early 30s. hope u get bfp soon!