PDA

View Full Version : cranberry pills

Coccinelle33
February 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
after swaying 3 times and having a girl only once im really starting to look into my past sways and why they didn't work....

why is cranberry pills so big for swaying pink? does it make you acidic, dry you up, or both?

it seems like it's not one of those things that i've seen sooo many more girls from than boys. it seems pretty 50/50.

what other things would be BETTER at making you acidic and drying out cm?

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I don't think they're that great TBH. They have a lot of Vit. C in them and antioxidants. I think baby aspirin and aspartame will acidify you and then antihistamines to dry you out, and those things have no nutrition in them.

babydust
February 15th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I agree, "low nutrient theory" is the way to go. For my sway I only took the cranberry pills for the 2 weeks leading up to my sway and only took 2 a day (was equivalent to about 10,000 fruit equiv. I think). I got one's that didn't have added Vit. C in them. I didn't know about the gelatin back then, so you also have to watch out for that if you choose to take them. I think by taking them for only 2 weeks, it kind of "shocked my body" with a new supp and who know's, that might have helped my sway a bit.

But like Atomic said, you could just try baby aspirin and antihistamines instead. That would work also.

Emery
March 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM
How much baby aspriin? Just the 81 mg daily?

Emmy2012
March 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I took out my cranberry after looking at the bottle and seeing how much vit c was in! Crazy amounts! So I am just doing the baby aspirin and lots of wal-mart brand CL to keep my ph low, plus the diet.

Emery
March 30th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Emmy - have you considered rePhresh? I am using it now and I love it. Keeps my pH around a 4.5-5.

Emmy2012
March 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I bought some rePhresh I am trying it out in April, my trial month!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 09:25 AM
How much baby aspriin? Just the 81 mg daily?

Yes, just one a day! Plus it has a little artificial sweetener which can't hurt.

People have had success using cran and I"m not trying to scare anyone off using it, but if you're killing yourself not eating any fruits and vegetables so you can get less nutrients, it doesn't make sense to me to then turn around and take in a big dose of Vit. C.

MamaWantsPink
April 15th, 2017, 09:44 PM
I don't think they're that great TBH. They have a lot of Vit. C in them and antioxidants. I think baby aspirin and aspartame will acidify you and then antihistamines to dry you out, and those things have no nutrition in them.

Hello Atomic,
I'm swaying in June, I have my baby aspirin but I was wondering how often are the aspirins needed? I was thinking of just taking them for maybe a week or two before DTD... I've read vitamin C was a key factor for pink sway. Ive been eating lots of oranges... could I have your opinion on this?
Thanks in advance

stillbirthmumma
April 16th, 2017, 12:32 AM
hi. Im planning a pink sway and i dont no if i should
a)Cranberry tablets OR
B) Baby aspirin and aspartame to (acidify me) Plus antihistamines (to dry me out.

atomic, can i please have you opinion.

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Hello Atomic,
I'm swaying in June, I have my baby aspirin but I was wondering how often are the aspirins needed? I was thinking of just taking them for maybe a week or two before DTD... I've read vitamin C was a key factor for pink sway. Ive been eating lots of oranges... could I have your opinion on this?
Thanks in advance

Gals, please note that this thread is from 2011.

I am no longer using baby aspirin or cranberry. The risks and side effects were very much greater than we thought when this thread was first posted and we tracked our results and neither of them did any better than the overall success rates of the site (indicting they are not helping anyone's sway)

I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone take cran or baby aspirin. Just not worth it.

The best study ever done on diet and gender conceived found that nutrients across the boards = more boys. I personally think it's a huge risk to take anything beyond folic acid (or folate) for swaying. I got my last two boys taking Vit. C and dropped it to get my girl. If you MUST do the Vit. C PLEASE please please do that in the pill form and not oranges which have all kinds of other healthy stuff in them that may sway even more blue. No more than 500 mg tho more may cause miscarriage

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2017, 02:23 PM
hi. Im planning a pink sway and i dont no if i should
a)Cranberry tablets OR
B) Baby aspirin and aspartame to (acidify me) Plus antihistamines (to dry me out.

atomic, can i please have you opinion.

Cranberry, aspirin, antihistamines we have monitored over the past 6 years and found that they get the same success rate as the overall site, and that the people who did not use them had equal success to those who did.

pH stuff has not tended to work out for us. most of us on here have pH opposites myself included. I researched the science and here is what I found out: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html So I would not count on that to do anything and it's certainly not worth any level of risk, but your call to make. I do think aspirin is safer than cran because you can wean off of it gradually instead of having to stop it suddenly.

antihistamines I do believe are fairly safe, but they have really cut odds of concepiton and again, have not seemed to help anyone's sway. At your discretion on those, just be sure you stop them day before O to allow there to be some fluid for the egg and sperm to move through - don't wanna dry that up!

MamaWantsPink
May 4th, 2017, 04:25 PM
I see the one a day log about the aspirin now. My question now is the Vitamins C that you speak of. Is Vitamin C bad? I read an article where woman ate a lot of oranges to sway pink...

atomic sagebrush
May 4th, 2017, 04:35 PM
There are no magic foods that really sway. It is the overall nutrient content of the diet that matters and not a magic food. So someone who goes from eating normally to eating a bunch of oranges all day may be getting more Vit. C but they're getting less of a lot of other things like protein and fat. Plus, we have seen fiber getting strong results for pink and oranges are loaded with it.

I personally would stay well away from the Vit. C. I have always believed it swayed blue, I got my last 2 boys taking it, and dropped it to get my girl. The only reason I ever tolerated it was that it was the only way I could prevent people who were breastfeeding, to take supplements like cranberry and aspirin which are no-no's when nursing a baby. I would personally not chance it, but of course it's up to you! (very easy for me to give up on stuff like this after getting 2 boys taking it, and my 4th boy I had a pH of 4-5 range so I know it doesn't work. others have a harder time letting go!)