PDA

View Full Version : Early spring means more bat girls

atomic sagebrush
September 19th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Early spring means more bat girls | ScienceBlog.com (http://scienceblog.com/54050/early-spring-means-more-bat-girls/)

This is irrelevant for humans of course, but I think it's an interesting read and also just goes to demonstrate why the FGD is barking up the wrong tree when they compare human gender ratio to other animals, esp animals so distantly related as sea slugs, and why studies done in rats, cows, sows, etc cannot necessarily be applied to humans. Bats breed in this pattern because it assists in bat survival to breed in that pattern. Humans have entirely different life circumstances and breeding patterns and what assists bats to thrive, would not necessarily help humans in any way.

atomic sagebrush
September 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Also shows that seasons really can sway, at least for bats!!

jennaesue
September 19th, 2012, 12:45 PM
When I read the title, at first I thought you were talking about girls who help out at baseball games instead of "bat boys." LOL!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 19th, 2012, 12:50 PM
That was great Jennaesue!! I needed a good laugh today!!

The Anchor
September 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I opened this one pretty cautiously too...funny Atomic!

Hobbermittens
September 19th, 2012, 01:34 PM
When I read the title, at first I thought you were talking about girls who help out at baseball games instead of "bat boys." LOL!

ME TOO! I was wondering what the heck this post was going to be about. :rofl:

atomic sagebrush
September 19th, 2012, 09:50 PM

And all I could think of was Alicia Silverstone LOL!!!