PDA

View Full Version : cvd TTC a GIRL sway attempt - updated: BOY

cvd
September 19th, 2012, 01:58 PM
TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
We found out today at 17+4 that we are having a baby boy. Thank you to everyone on this site for all the info and support through my swaying journey. I still feel I did the best I could with my sway personally and this little guy was just meant to be since he made it through. Xo!
Gender Result:
Boy
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Boy! (15 months old)
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
Didn't eat breakfast anymore, tried really hard to stop snacking (this was hard for me), limited caffeine.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
5 weeks
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
He followed the diet with me, pretty much ate whatever I made but with more lenience, a bit of meat and cheats haha! Drank a glass of soy milk every day.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I cutback
Any Diet Details?
Followed the LE diet with about 1200 cals, I came here from IG so I still had some things stuck in my head like low sodium and low potassium. Very limited meat (maybe ate a tiny portion of chicken once a week, BIG change for me).
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
I had a couple cheats, I still tried to make it so I stayed in my cal range though even if I snuck in some cheese pizza lol
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
Before the diet I was 118, by our attempt I was 112! I am only 5 foot so that was a good loss for me, I really didn't want to go any further!
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I was doing "bootcamps" 5 times a week before ttc so I lost a lot of muscle mass and completely stopped working out as soon as we started the diet.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
~ 5
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
~ 4.5
DH pH
~ 8
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 1 Day Before O
O Day

Any additional comments?
Attempt details below.
I used a finger of rephresh a few hours before the first attempt and third attempt.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Abstained
DTD through Ovulation

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
I edited this section to clarify on my multiple attempts with an abstain, as it is usually recommended to only do 1 attempt with an abstain! Our first attempt was about 8 hours after +opk, DH accidentally pulled out because he got nervous LOL!! So 2 hours later we did another attempt but literally NOTHING came out. Worried we didn't get any swimmers, the next day I had DH release in the shower then not even 3 hours later we had another attempt, not much came out this time either, DH had a hard time in the first place.
[]
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Baby asprin
folic acid
acidophiles
Antihistamine

DH Supplements Licorice Root
Cranberry
acidophiles

Any additional supplement info?
Took an antihistamine a couple hours before our first attempt, never took it again after that!
Did you do anything with Ions?
Yes, I came from IG and had already gotten all into the ions lol. So I had a salt rock lamp, ionic air purifier, lavender diffusers, lavender soap and body lotion, rose quartz jewellery, windows open, fans on, beeswax candles.
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
Girl outfit under the bed.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
We really did our best to follow the diet,and I did the best I could with everything else but still wanted to make sure I had a high chance of pregnancy! This attempt is literally the EXACT opposite of when we conceived DS!!!
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Maybe I was a little too impatient - wasn't on the diet for more then 6 weeks as recommended. Other then that nothing really makes me nervous!!
Things worth mentioning:
I am so thankful that my DH was right on board and wanted to be a part of everything, that definitely helped me get through dieting. Just excited to have a happy & healthy baby!!!

missgozo
September 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Congratulations xx

Navywife620
September 19th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Wonderful sway!!

elle82
September 19th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Congrats!! :cheer:

cvd
September 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks ladies :) crossing my fingers for everyone else waiting on a BFP!

Ella BB
September 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Great sway, fingers crossed for a pink one! :-)

missgozo
September 21st, 2012, 08:29 AM
Love Aubree x

Turning the page
September 21st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Great looking sway!! Congratulations on such a quick BFP!! :)

Maple
October 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Congratulations Cvd!

Great to read your sway!

Enjoy your pregnancy XX

cvd
October 30th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Thank you Maple! Same to you! I am enjoying as much as the nausea allows lol! Hope you are feeling well!

mariposa
October 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Congrats!!! fingers crossed for a healthy pink bean!

cvd
November 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Thank you mariposa!

Happymom
November 1st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Congrats!!! It looks great, let us know what your having :nails::nails::nails::nails::nails::nails::nails:: nails::nails::nails::nails:

Violet_
November 2nd, 2012, 04:52 AM
Congratulations cvd! Well done on your pregnancy and such a good sway.

cvd
November 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Thank you! And I will definitely update when I found out what I'm having! I find out in 9 weeks!!! Sooo long lol!

stillwanttwomore
November 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
CVD your sway looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! FX you have little girl in there!!!!!!
Love seeing fellow Canadians!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! And I will definitely update when I found out what I'm having! I find out in 9 weeks!!! Sooo long lol!

cvd
November 2nd, 2012, 05:43 PM
CVD your sway looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! FX you have little girl in there!!!!!!
Love seeing fellow Canadians!!!!!!!!!!

Where abouts are you in Canada??? Aren't you jealous of all these people with early gender scans??? LOL I am!!

cvd
November 2nd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Ps. Thank you Tiffany!!! Lol

Smiley13
November 3rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Looks like a great sway! I hope you get your little girl!! Can I ask how frequently you used rephresh? I'm a little confused if it should be used while BDing or before or after? Thanks:) Hope your feeling good!

cvd
November 3rd, 2012, 08:15 AM
Looks like a great sway! I hope you get your little girl!! Can I ask how frequently you used rephresh? I'm a little confused if it should be used while BDing or before or after? Thanks:) Hope your feeling good!

Hi thank you!! Yes I used rephresh on cd 6 and 9 (both full tubes). But I didn't really like that over the 3 days I couldn't keep track of of my cm (if you haven't used it yet you will find the dead layer of cells will shed from the rephresh and it looks like cm but its not!!). So on the day of my +opk, in the morning I used just a finger tip. Then we DTD about 9 hours later! We did 2 attempts that day but DH accidentally pulled out the first time and second was about 2 hours later so nothing came out, I never used rephresh again cause I was afraid I got no swimmers!! Lol! I hope that kinda helps, somewhere on here I think it says to use rephresh 8-12 hours before your attempt. If its too close to the attempt it's too hostile for the spermies!

stillwanttwomore
November 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Totally!!! I am in MB, but appart. in some provinces you get early US as well! What province are you in? I believe that Ontario is one of them I went for an early US got all boys guesses and was DEVASTATED. Then at 16 weeks it CLEARLY showed girl!!!!!!!!

Where abouts are you in Canada??? Aren't you jealous of all these people with early gender scans??? LOL I am!!

cvd
November 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Totally!!! I am in MB, but appart. in some provinces you get early US as well! What province are you in? I believe that Ontario is one of them I went for an early US got all boys guesses and was DEVASTATED. Then at 16 weeks it CLEARLY showed girl!!!!!!!!

I'm in Ontario! The min is 18 weeks here!! I already have my appt booked for jan 3rd to do a 3d gender scan!!! The 2d here seems to be unreliable so were paying for 3d :)

stillwanttwomore
November 4th, 2012, 10:17 PM
That is so interesting, there were a couple of girls from IG that live in ONT and they said it was mandatory for early US and I was so jealous LOL!!!! Hope you hear girl....if you really want to fin out can you go for a private US earlier.....

I'm in Ontario! The min is 18 weeks here!! I already have my appt booked for jan 3rd to do a 3d gender scan!!! The 2d here seems to be unreliable so were paying for 3d :)

cvd
November 5th, 2012, 08:12 AM
That is so interesting, there were a couple of girls from IG that live in ONT and they said it was mandatory for early US and I was so jealous LOL!!!! Hope you hear girl....if you really want to fin out can you go for a private US earlier.....

Well we have an 8-10 week scan just for dating of course lol! And the scan I'm going for at 18 is private, otherwise I'd have to wait till 20 weeks for a 2D. Maybe it depends on the region then?? I'm close to Toronto. Anywhere within 2 hours of me won't look at you before 18 weeks (trying to crack down on gender selection) and most private places are 20 anyways now too, they are all changing their minimums! I have no idea where in On they are from but I have contacted all private places near me and none do early! Lol weird!!!

lime
November 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM
cvd, Congratulations! You should call places in Scarborough/Markham and in Brampton/Mississauga if you live near Toronto. They do early scans at 13-14 weeks for gender determination. Unfortunately most people that go to those places are east and south Asians and abort the fetus if it's a girl. It's the sad reality. But anyhow, you can get an early gender determination scan at those places. GOOD LUCK

cvd
November 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
cvd, Congratulations! You should call places in Scarborough/Markham and in Brampton/Mississauga if you live near Toronto. They do early scans at 13-14 weeks for gender determination. Unfortunately most people that go to those places are east and south Asians and abort the fetus if it's a girl. It's the sad reality. But anyhow, you can get an early gender determination scan at those places. GOOD LUCK
Hm I did call a couple places near Toronto and they said gender determination at 18 weeks! Then I talked to a 3D place in Pickering and she told me they were changing the regulations because of the gender selection issue, maybe I will try a couple more places lol I really would like know sooner, I'm too excited! Thank you :)

lime
November 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Marketplace recently went undercover at a few u/s places in Markham and Brampton to see how early they would scan. Mist places said 13-14 weeks to determine gender!!! Marketplace is in CBC. Try to call the places in Markham/Brampton - UC baby or any of the large u/s franchises in those locations. I am pretty sure that they will do an early scan.

cvd
November 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Marketplace recently went undercover at a few u/s places in Markham and Brampton to see how early they would scan. Mist places said 13-14 weeks to determine gender!!! Marketplace is in CBC. Try to call the places in Markham/Brampton - UC baby or any of the large u/s franchises in those locations. I am pretty sure that they will do an early scan.
Hi thanks a lot for the info! Where abouts are you? I thought it was just a Canada/Ontario thing! UC baby doesn't scan at all till 20 weeks, I looked at their website! Brampton is too far for me (I'm an hour east of Toronto) but I'm going to check out Markham places, and I'm going to watch that CBC video too! I really appreciate the info!!!! The whole gender selection thing is incredibly sad!

Jadis
November 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM
CVD-a fellow Canadian! Yay! I'm just outside of Toronto too, let me know if you find a place that will do an earlier gender scan :) Waiting till 20 weeks will be torture, I'm already obsessing!

cvd
November 5th, 2012, 03:30 PM
CVD-a fellow Canadian! Yay! I'm just outside of Toronto too, let me know if you find a place that will do an earlier gender scan :) Waiting till 20 weeks will be torture, I'm already obsessing!
I know it is torture isn't it???
I just called a place in Markham and I asked how early they can do it and all she said was "You can come in but we can't guarantee we can see." I didn't tell her how far along I was or anything? Then she asked where I was calling from, I wonder why that matters? Hm that seems a tad sketchy LOL!

stillwanttwomore
November 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
HI!

I went to UC baby in MB and although they would "tell" me the gender, they gave me a bunch of potty shots so I can judge for myself.

Is that the only option for private US?

Hi thanks a lot for the info! Where abouts are you? I thought it was just a Canada/Ontario thing! UC baby doesn't scan at all till 20 weeks, I looked at their website! Brampton is too far for me (I'm an hour east of Toronto) but I'm going to check out Markham places, and I'm going to watch that CBC video too! I really appreciate the info!!!! The whole gender selection thing is incredibly sad!

cvd
November 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I just called a bunch of ultrasound places in Scarborough/Markham. Some won't even tell you the gender at ALL. It seems since that CBC marketplace investigation went on, they changed their ways! So I will be waiting till my appointment on Jan 3rd it seems :) Good to know all the info though!

lime
November 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I thought that they would do gender scans early. I live mid town Toronto. (Cedarvale).

mariposa
November 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Aww... hope time go fast for you and you hear pink in january!!!:happy:
In my country, at week 8 (week 6 after O) you can do a private blood test and one laboratory determinates if your blood contains or not the Y chromosome, so if itīs a girl or boy. The success is 98% and they return money back if they were failed. Many, many women do it here. I think Iīll do when I get pregnant. It cost around 130€

cvd
November 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Aww... hope time go fast for you and you hear pink in january!!!:happy:
In my country, at week 8 (week 6 after O) you can do a private blood test and one laboratory determinates if your blood contains or not the Y chromosome, so if itīs a girl or boy. The success is 98% and they return money back if they were failed. Many, many women do it here. I think Iīll do when I get pregnant. It cost around 130€

Wow! That would have been perfect for me!!! LOL wish they offered it here! I am still on the search for early ultrasounds here!!! I am determined to find somewhere haha!

cvd
November 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM

I found a place that will do a 14 week ultrasound! They 'recommend' being 18 weeks for accuracy of course but website says they will try at 14 weeks. BUT!!! It is in Niagara Falls, I'm not sure what side of Toronto you're on but for me that's far since I'm east. I'm trying to convince DH for a weekend away ;) HEHE but he says no

cvd
November 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hmm you can go to Fallsview watermark in Niagara (better than Great Wolf for toddlers). Check out this place in Markham (around Markham Rd/north of Highway 7) one of my friends did a private u/s there at 16 weeks... I know the site says 18... but they took her at 16 : )
Baby in Sight 3D | 3D / 4D Fetal Ultrasound Packages (http://babyinsight3d.com/packages.html)
Hi! I did contact that one, they said only starting at 18 weeks. I have literally phoned all over the GTA! Seems they all changed they're guidelines since the CBC thing. Thank you though!! I am still crossing my fingers to find one!

lime
November 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I would just forgo Niagara and go across the border to Buffalo in the States. Buffalo is about a 2 he drive from me. The best place in Buffalo I heard was Baby.com - Baby, Pregnancy & Family Life Advice (http://www.baby) umpmotherhoodcentre.com close to the border! Great shopping deals in Buffalo, so I would make it a shopping trip

lime
November 8th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Sorry, I am writing from my phone! The site is: Baby Bump Motherhood Center ~ Baby's Bungalow - Home (http://www.babybumpmotherhoodcenter.com)

cvd
November 8th, 2012, 03:12 PM
It's kinda funny how a sway thread has become a TOTAL early gender ultrasound HUNT hahah! I love it!

lime
November 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hi! I did contact that one, they said only starting at 18 weeks. I have literally phoned all over the GTA! Seems they all changed they're guidelines since the CBC thing. Thank you though!! I am still crossing my fingers to find one!

Oh too bad. Hopefully, when I get a BFP and am around 15-16 weeks, I will plan a shopping trip to Buffalo and get the scan done down there. I hope you find one in the GTA

lime
November 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
lol The waiting sounds harder than the diet!; )

cvd
November 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I just checked that one out! The drive time difference between me going to Niagara Falls and there is 20 mins so I just may have to make a Christmas shopping trip!!! Thank you so much for sending me that link!!
I just have to convince DH into it now. I told him I want to go to Niagara falls and he literally thought I was insane! I find it hilarious that when I told him about swaying (and I first found IG) and all about the DIET, the ions, the pH, the chinese calendar, biorhythms, lunar phases etc he was like okay sounds good no problem, but taking a trip to find out the gender is CRAZY to him hahah! and yes the waiting is WAY HARDER then the diet for me!!

cvd
November 8th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Funny about DH. I spoke to my friend who had the private u/s done in Markham and she said that 18 weeks is just their recommendation. You can come in at 15/16 weeks.

I've given up on gta, ill search Markhams one last time lol I still have a couple I'm awaiting email replies still though! Maybe it's different if you just go in? I'm not sure! Did she mention the name? I contacted uc baby and baby in sight for Markham. I actually had one email saying "at 14 weeks it is almost impossible to determine gender" hm. I understand it may be not as reliable as 18 but look at all the ladies here who find out 12-14 weeks! Impossible is a strong word!!!
But I have DH agreeing to go for the road trip to buffalo or Niagara Falls as a "family weekend"! We aren't telling anyone about ultrasound though we've agreed! I'm going to call and ask more info tomorrow!
Where abouts are you in the TTC process anyway?? I hope all is going well for you! I appreciate all your help here!

lime
November 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I am glad that your husband agreed to go to Niagara/Buffalo with you. Good luck to you!!!

I'm currently on the diet and will have my first attempt at ttc in December. I've been on the diet since end of September, but only strict since mid-October.

I just asked my friend who went to BabyinSight in Markham at 16 weeks and she said that she called them at 15 weeks and they told her to come in at 18 weeks. So, she just scheduled the u/s for the next week and said that she'll be 'around' 18 weeks. So, she lied....lol
Anyway, she came in and the u/s tech (she said her name was April) saw right away that she wasn't 18 weeks, but obviously went ahead to look for the gender anyway and didn't really question it. April just said that she thinks that she's less than 18 weeks, so my friend played dumb and April didn't question her further. I'm sure women walk in all the time before 18 weeks to get an u/s and the u/s place doesn't care too much (just needs to tell people a 18+ week recommendation to protect itself.. they are a profit making business, so as long as you pay the money, they'll do the u/s). She said that it really wasn't an issue at all! I just looked at their site and it says the following:
When can the gender be determined?
We reccommend scheduling your gender determination appointment after 18 weeks gestation. If for any reason we are unable to assess the gender during your ultrasound (eg. difficult fetal position), you can return at a later date for a free reassessment.

lime
November 9th, 2012, 11:06 AM
By the way, I agree with you that many times you can see the gender at 14 weeks. Maybe wait until you are 15/16 weeks to be sure. But you can get a side picture of the baby at 14 weeks based on the 'Angle of the 30 degrees' and post it here or ingender to get some good educated guesses. If it is more than 30 degrees, then it is male, if it is less, then it is female. The studies done have at least a 90% success rate based on the angle of the genitals to the lower skin surface.

cvd
November 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the info Lime! I booked the ultrasound for when I will be 14w+3 (I was measuring 3 days big at my last ultrasound so hoping the baby keeps growing at this rate so it will actually be more like 15 weeks lol). If we can't see the gender because it's too soon, we will just have to wait for the regular scan at 18 weeks! :) I am so excited!!

PS: Good luck with your first attempt next month. I will definitely be checking for your updates lol! AND I ordered a reading from Tania! I'm excited to see what she says!

cvd
December 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Update: found out today we are having a baby boy!

Mum23boys
December 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Big hugs hunny - is there no way you guys could think about number 3 in a few years time ? xxx

Navywife620
December 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
So sorry you didn't hear girl! Brothers are the best though! Maybe in a couple of years you can try again! Happy the baby boy is healthy!