PDA

View Full Version : Little Man's Name....

dloui128
September 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
So I have always said that if I ever had a boy I wouldn't name him after DH because I didn't really want that. I have come up with about three names that I like but I wanted to see him before we actually named him. Now all of a sudden I feel its really important to name him after DH and make him a jr. DH says he doesn't mind either way, but for some reason I feel its important. Anyone have any advice? Do alot of people name their first son after their husband?

Ktiguewantspink
September 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
My first is the third so I did and I think it's neat now that my ds is the third generation! I love seeing all three of them together, the three Matt's or for us it's papa, daddy and Matthew! Go with your heart or wait until your holding him to decide!

myGirl
September 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
My DS1 has my husband's name as his middle name. I suddenly felt it was very important too, but DH was against it. We did it anyway and it is perfect because he looks just like his dad. DS1 is very proud to be named after his dad (even if it's only his middle name) and DH likes it too now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pebmcpd7
September 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM
My first DS is named after his dad too....

Cinss
September 20th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I like the idea of unique kids names, middle name possibly, i wonder how the other siblings would feel about that.

Myloves
September 20th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Personally, I wouldn't name my boys after their dad. I'd rather they have their *own* names. But whatever works for you is fine.

I didn't name either of my boys until after they were born as well. Ds2 went for 10 days without a name :P

dloui128
September 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I like the idea of unique kids names, middle name possibly, i wonder how the other siblings would feel about that.

the girls actually want to the name the baby after daddy

Hobbermittens
September 20th, 2012, 06:55 PM
My son was given DH's middle name. It is a name I HATE that has been passed down for 6 generations or something, so I had no say in the matter. I think naming your child after a family member can be a nice thing, but I hate when it is an obligation. I say do what you want--especially if you can name your son after your DH and still have his name be separate, like if your DH is William but goes by Bill, have your son be Willy or Billy or something.

dloui128
September 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone, I guess I will just wait to see him and see what comes to me, and what feels right

jennaesue
September 20th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Our ds2 had dh's middle name as his middle name. I was happy with that. My dh did not want to have a "jr." Also, his name does not have any possible nicknames, so much confusion would ensue, unless we called the baby Buddy, Butch, Pal, etc.

Mum23boys
September 27th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Ds 1 has hubbys name as middle name ds2 had dh middle name as middle name, ds3 has a middle name picked by his brothers. My hubby is a james - a name ive never been keen on hence we havent named any of the boys that. If our 4th is a boy i dont know what we will do !!! ha ha