PDA

View Full Version : Irrational thinking, but...

kaseybaby
September 22nd, 2012, 01:44 AM
Do you cringe every time someone announces they are having your DG, not because you don't want them to have say a girl, but because you think the ore of your friends that have a girl the less likely you are to have one?

All my pregnant friends are having girls! ALL OF THEM! It has to end sometime and I have a sneaking suspicion once I finally get pregnant I will be the one to break the trend.

bythestream
September 22nd, 2012, 08:15 AM
Totally feel the same way. Its irrational isn't it but I feel for everyone I know who has a girl it reduces my chances. You're not alone.

dreamingpink77
September 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Me too kasey....sometimes I feel as if anyone can have a girl but me and I ask myself...why is this so? I would love her just as much as any girl mum does. Sometimes I hear my neighbour's 9month onld girl giggling and trying to talk and I just can't hear her, it's too painful :( I feel so miserable today :tissue: and I feel I'm not pregnant again.

jennaesue
September 22nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Um, yeah. In fact, when I was pregnant with ds1 (and really hoping for girl, but we wanted a delivery room surprise) we went to a Lamaze class and every single other couple then had found out what they were having, and they were ALL having girls. I think there were about 10 - 15 of them. It was ridiculous. And of course, I turned out to be the only one having a boy! And then when I was pregnant with ds3, I was on IG and in my due date month, almost every other girl in my buddy group had a girl. Yep, I had a boy. So, yes, I feel like the universe keeps sending girls in other directions and minimizing my chances!

Mrs_P
September 22nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
They always seem to have run out of girls when its my turn to. DS1 everyone had a boy - i had a boy, DS2 everyone was having girls i was the start of a boy run. DS3 everyone i knew (at least 6 with 2 boys) had a girl i had another boy. Will prob be a failed boy on here to :tissue: don't think i'll ever get my dd (but then as long as my boys grow to be 3 healthy happy men i'm lucky and will be a happy momma - but would still love a dd :-( )

hotdogz&boyz
September 22nd, 2012, 11:05 PM
It's a pretty normal irrational thought. I think most people who have a gender preference engage in such "magical thinking."

In my family, every time my Grandma has two great-grandchild born in the same year (it has happened in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011), she has one boy and one girl. So my magical thinking has me obsessing about what my cousin is having (in late-January 2013) since we are expecting in May. And there are not other prospects of anyone else expecting anytime soon. But clearly, the past four times could have been pure dumb luck!! And I would naturally be the one to break the trend. It is how I roll :)